Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Backing out of a debate hasn't hurt him before.

Ok I didn't realize he did it before. Ok, I'll just wait and see with popcorn in hand. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

Ok I didn't realize he did it before. Ok, I'll just wait and see with popcorn in hand. 

He didn't participate in most of the primary debates in 2016, and he didn't participate in any of the primary debates in 2024. He also didn't do any debates with Biden after the first one in 2020, but that's definitely not why he lost the election that year.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Best said:

Well I think I asked this yesterday, how does he have an option to back out? It would be a really stupid idea for him not to do it. 

It’s not so much that he “has an option” in the sense that he was given one: he can just not show or decide not to do it. There is nothing mandatory about doing a debate to run for president. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

He didn't participate in most of the primary debates in 2016, and he didn't participate in any of the primary debates in 2024. He also didn't do any debates with Biden after the first one in 2020, but that's definitely not why he lost the election that year.

It’s funny, if you asked me how many debates they had in 2020, I would have said two, because one got canceled after Trump got diagnosed with Covid. 

But everyone keeps saying two happened yet I have absolutely no memory of the second one.

38 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It’s funny, if you asked me how many debates they had in 2020, I would have said two, because one got canceled after Trump got diagnosed with Covid. 

But everyone keeps saying two happened yet I have absolutely no memory of the second one.

That just sounds to me like there was a second debate and Trump won by a landslide in one of the biggest debate defeats of all time and then deep state covered it up

I remember the “would you shut up man” and Biden getting emotional when his son was brought up and the chuds insulting him for it.

Like I know you all shocked a dad can be present in their kids lives but damn.

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

There were two in 2020,  one in September and one in October. The third was cancelled due to orange-man nearly dying of COVID.

He should bring up Hunter. If Biden’s handlers are prepping him right he will be ready to bite back that Trump is committing the same crime currently by still having his guns post conviction (as Trump claimed himself)

I had NPR on just long enough today while waiting for the bluetooth in my car to engage to catch a snippet of what I assume was debate performance speculation about how Trump is "tough but relatable". :silly:

Just now, Firewithin said:

racists, bigots, incels, conspiracy theorists, etc

I mean they relate to also being racist bigots who believe in conspiracies but specifically to him? He is completely un-relatable as he isn’t a human being as we know them to normally be. Calling him relatable is literally just a nice way of saying “he says tough things but his racism and bigotry is popular amongst his base”

• stepee 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean they relate to also being racist bigots who believe in conspiracies but specifically to him? He is completely un-relatable as he isn’t a human being as we know them to normally be. Calling him relatable is literally just a nice way of saying “he says tough things but his racism and bigotry is popular amongst his base”

He’s everyone’s racist uncle

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He’s everyone’s racist uncle

It’s just even beyond the fact that he’s rich and thus not relatable to these people beyond fantasy - he’s fucking weird as shit 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

I had NPR on just long enough today while waiting for the bluetooth in my car to engage to catch a snippet of what I assume was debate performance speculation about how Trump is "tough but relatable". :silly:

Yeah I often wonder how 50% or more of the country could possibly consider voting for the orange sociopath and then I hear stuff like this and remember just how completely the news media has failed this country in actually informing them how monstrous he is.

52 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Yeah I often wonder how 50% or more of the country could possibly consider voting for the orange sociopath and then I hear stuff like this and remember just how completely the news media has failed this country in actually informing them how monstrous he is.

The media aligns itself with its sponsors—capital

I just got a phone call this morning. It's official, I will be standing in for the former president so he doesn't have to perform. I am currently getting prepped. I will be given a fat suit. Wish me luck! 

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Given the age of the candidates, shouldn't this be called Rocker the Vote? 

I'm sorry this is America. Learn to lose some respect and brand that joke! 

Ahem, La-Z-Boy the Vote!

• True 1

23 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

That’s not backing out though, it’s just not agreeing to debate.

On 6/25/2024 at 6:19 PM, outsida said:

This is absolutely not true. This is the evenhanded/both-sides BS the media trades in that bad actors such Trump takes full advantage of. Every time Biden has a public event he ends up running circles around the Republicans. In the Hurr report the special prosecutor say Biden has a photographic memory, but the report was twisted to make it seem like Biden cognitive decline. 

Dude, we’ve all seen and heard him speak, so stop with the gaslighting. Biden has declined drastically. Jesus, go watch his vice presidential debates. That man doesn’t exist anymore. 

Neither of these candidates should be running.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2024 at 7:08 PM, stepee said:

You can make a montage of anyone doing gaffes if they are in the public eye, especially if they have a speaking impediment, it’s quite easy. I’m sure someone could follow any of us around and find enough moments of us doing dumb shit to fill a news feed with. It’s real easy any time someone flubs a line and then corrects it to just air the flub.

The big difference between Trump and Biden as far as their speaking ability is that Biden has sensical things to say that sometimes he struggles to get out correctly in his older age. Trump says a lot of words and doesn’t correct himself much but the actual content of his words is just pure nonsensical garbage. 

Tldr: Biden has a speaking problem, Trump has a thinking problem. 

Biden never had a speaking problem till he got old. He was literally considered one of thr best “talkers” in congress for decades. All of a sudden when there’s obvious signs of decline, people start professing this “speaking problem”.

Trump is a worst candidate in every way, but that doesn’t mean we should ignore the obvious with Biden. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Biden never had a speaking problem till he got old. He was literally considered one of thr best “talkers” in congress for decades. All of a sudden when there’s obvious signs of decline, people start professing this “speaking problem”.

Except for that time his mom almost knocked out a nun at his elementary school for making fun of his stutter.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Guys, please don’t attempt any drinking game tonight. There’s no “drink when X or Y does this” that won’t end in liver failure.

Too late, I already have 'drink when sniffles' planned and prepared. I'll see you on the other side.