Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

6 hours ago, ort said:

Can you imagine if you were that girl? Hopefully she's confident enough that she can embrace and lean into whatever bizarre form of celebrity she has drunkenly thrust upon herself and not have it haunt her forever.

She's in on the grift selling over priced trucker hats. She'll be fine.

• Hype 1

The talk turned to the possibility of Biden being replaced as the Democratic candidate, which Trump said he didn’t want to happen.

“Well, you know, interestingly, they’ve done polling, and I do better against almost everybody,” said Trump.

“And so they don’t want to take him off,” he continued. “Maybe I’m better off losing the debate. I’ll make sure he stays. I’ll lose the debate on purpose. Maybe I’ll do something like that.”

WWW.YAHOO.COM

Critics pounced on the former president’s suggestion.

:daydream:

• Haha 1

I've been keeping a sharp eye on Trump and on his speaking events. He has absolutely declined by a big margin from 2020. He litteraly cannot answer any questions but just repeats himself over and over. But Biden isn't any better so it's a real shame we have these two candidates for November. 

33 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Biden dog walked the GOP in the STOU to the point they bitched like the whiny bitches they are that he was too mean.

They learned their lesson and are now following the "Biden is god debater/speaker" narrative so Trump's performance won't seem so bad by comparison. 

45 minutes ago, Best said:

I've been keeping a sharp eye on Trump and on his speaking events. He has absolutely declined by a big margin from 2020. He litteraly cannot answer any questions but just repeats himself over and over. But Biden isn't any better so it's a real shame we have these two candidates for November. 

It's great you finally are seeing the light of how much Trump has lost it. Yet you're still off on saying Biden isn't better. Hopefully, if this debate happens you'll be able to stop saying that. :) I'm not trying to say Joe is the most eloquent person out there but he is leagues better than where trump is now.

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It's great you finally are seeing the light of how much Trump has lost it. Yet you're still off on saying Biden isn't better. Hopefully, if this debate happens you'll be able to stop saying that. :) I'm not trying to say Joe is the most eloquent person out there but he is leagues better than where trump is now.

Well I also see a lot of footage where Biden is litteraly mumbling words and doesn't seem coherent. I could easily post a few videos now backing that up.

But my opinion on Trump has changed considerably and I understand the sheer hate he receives on here. His speeches to the cities he's making his rounds to are so fuckun juvenile. He is like a terrible stand up comedian just throwing jabs at Biden with nothing to back it up with. 

I will be doing my part in November voting for Biden (first time ever for me to go left) but I don't see any other way. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

Well I also see a lot of footage where Biden is litteraly mumbling words and doesn't seem coherent. I could easily post a few videos now backing that up.

But my opinion on Trump has changed considerably and I understand the sheer hate he receives on here. His speeches to the cities he's making his rounds to are so fuckun juvenile. He is like a terrible stand up comedian just throwing jabs at Biden with nothing to back it up with. 

I will be doing my part in November voting for Biden (first time ever for me to go left) but I don't see any other way. 

Something usually missing from the context of watching Biden speak is that he has had a stutter his whole life. Again not that age is helping him here but that bit of information is usually left out

• True 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Something usually missing from the context of watching Biden speak is that he has had a stutter his whole life. Again not that age is helping him here but that bit of information is usually left out

No, I understand he stutters and I sympathize with him on that. But I just saw a video of Biden from 1992 and he was like a completely different person. He spoke so eloquently and was really sharp. But overall I understand where you guys are coming from. 

• Halal 1

This is make or break for Trump. The media has been playing defense for Trump so a lot of the average voter hasn’t seen Trump on their television screens because the media wants this to be a tight race and not Biden steam rolling him.

There is a MONTAGE of him talking about Hannibal Lecter multiple times. 

Also, he doesn’t have the primary debate advantage because he hasn’t debated since 2020, nor do I believe he’s actually prepped for this debate.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

There is a MONTAGE of him talking about Hannibal Lecter multiple times. 

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But will Hannibal Lecter come up during the debate? If so does @Commissar SFLUFAN do a game giveaway?

If I may quote myself...

On 5/12/2024 at 1:20 PM, Spork3245 said:

“A big guy, strong guy, came up to me, tears in his eyes, and said “sir, sir, you are the greatest President that this nation has seen, and I would like you to come to dinner!”. That man’s name? Hannibal Lecter. He loved to have people over for dinner. You know, some say that Hannibal was the best…  in terms of Cannibalism. Oh he likes to pair a nice chianti with livers, doesn’t he folks? Silence of Lambs! They say that these lambs are going silent because of the illegal migrants crossing our borders. They walk right up to these lambs and silence them! Oh, it’s terrible… terrible what they do to these poor lambs. Soon they’ll be silencing worms too. RFK Jr had a worm. BOOM silenced, just like that. That worm died before it even had a chance to eat a full meal. The way Biden has raised the prices at McDonalds no one can even afford to have a full meal these days.”

• Confused 2
  • True 1

6 hours ago, Best said:

This is absolutely not true. This is the evenhanded/both-sides BS the media trades in that bad actors such Trump takes full advantage of. Every time Biden has a public event he ends up running circles around the Republicans. In the Hurr report the special prosecutor say Biden has a photographic memory, but the report was twisted to make it seem like Biden cognitive decline. 

• Halal 4

Just now, outsida said:

This is absolutely not true. This is the evenhanded/both-sides BS the media trades in that bad actors such Trump takes full advantage of. Every time Biden has a public event he ends up running circles around the Republicans. In the Hurr report the special prosecutor say Biden has a photographic memory, but the report was twisted to make it seem like Biden cognitive decline. 

Ok. Unfortunately my feed gets a bunch of Biden gaffes so it's all I see (Trump gaffes as well).

I'll absolutely take your word for it. Again, I supported him with the SOTU address and thought he was fine. My news feeds are not accurate at all. I'm not into politics but been keeping an eye on things at times and read posts here as well. I'm all for educating myself on this stuff. 

You can make a montage of anyone doing gaffes if they are in the public eye, especially if they have a speaking impediment, it’s quite easy. I’m sure someone could follow any of us around and find enough moments of us doing dumb shit to fill a news feed with. It’s real easy any time someone flubs a line and then corrects it to just air the flub.

The big difference between Trump and Biden as far as their speaking ability is that Biden has sensical things to say that sometimes he struggles to get out correctly in his older age. Trump says a lot of words and doesn’t correct himself much but the actual content of his words is just pure nonsensical garbage. 

Tldr: Biden has a speaking problem, Trump has a thinking problem. 

• Halal 3

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Tldr: Biden has a speaking problem, Trump has a thinking problem. 

This is it essentially. You can post a video of Biden flubbing a word but only Trump is on video ranting about Nikki Haley allowing Jan 6 to happen. 

• True 1

21 minutes ago, outsida said:

This is it essentially. You can post a video of Biden flubbing a word but only Trump is on video ranting about Nikki Haley allowing Jan 6 to happen. 

I can get down with this.

How do we know if the debate is going to officially happen? Why is Trump allowed to drop out if he chooses too?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I’m sure someone could follow any of us around and find enough moments of us doing dumb shit to fill a news feed with.

This evening I ate too much mac n cheese and flopped on the bed where my wife was sitting watching TV. In my efforts to get back up, I farted like seven times and left my wife exasperated at how bad it smelled. Now, you just KNOW someone would twist that to mean I wasn't fit to be president.

• Haha 3
  • True 1

Shit, my social media feed alone would get me crucified by the media. 

“This man said he LOVED Man of Steel the first time he watched it. If his taste in movies is so poor, how can we trust this man with cabinet picks?”

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m sure someone could follow any of us around and find enough moments of us doing dumb shit to fill a news feed with.

I fell out of a kayak three times yesterday in shin deep water. I’d be unelectable 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He committed months ago, the question is "will he make an excuse and back out of it"

Well I think I asked this yesterday, how does he have an option to back out? It would be a really stupid idea for him not to do it.