Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

17 hours ago, MarSolo said:

What??

Biden came off great at their first debate. He got so many good one liners in at Trump that pissed him off. 

You’ve been hate watching too much right wing media.

Oh, Trump’s definitely going to back out considering that neither of the two agreed upon debates are going to be on Fox News.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm not a Biden hater, but the guy is crazy old and sounds crazy old. I personally find it difficult to listen to him speak. He's not some braindead barely functional old fool like the right paints him... and as 81 year olds go, he is clearly still very with it... but I think we've just been conditioned to accept that what's normal, but it's really not normal. 81 year olds are not supposed to be doing jobs as demanding as being President. It would exhaust a 40 year old. He isn't razor sharp anymore and I will be extremely nervous listening to him debate.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really do NOT want Trump to be President again and Biden makes me very nervous.

5 minutes ago, ort said:

Yeah, I don't know. I'm not a Biden hater, but the guy is crazy old and sounds crazy old. I personally find it difficult to listen to him speak. He's not some braindead barely functional old fool like the right paints him... and as 81 year olds go, he is clearly still very with it... but I think we've just been conditioned to accept that what's normal, but it's really not normal. 81 year olds are not supposed to be doing jobs as demanding as being President. It would exhaust a 40 year old. He isn't razor sharp anymore and I will be extremely nervous listening to him debate.

You think a 77 year old Trump's barely coherent ramblings will be better? His brain has been mush for awhile, but going by the campaign speeches at his rallies the past 6 or so months it's gone from mush to frothy liquids. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

You think a 77 year old Trump's barely coherent ramblings will be better? His brain has been mush for awhile, but going by the campaign speeches at his rallies the past 6 or so months it's gone from mush to frothy liquids. 

He literally praised fictional cannibal Hannibal Lecter in a stump speech.

Biden should have probably backed down after the first term and let someone else run. BUT... frankly anyone else running against Trump would have had a WORSE chance of winning. Biden's been doing a tremendous job and he has that record to run on, but also at his age, people can literally keel over at any moment.

• True 1

24 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

He literally praised fictional cannibal Hannibal Lecter in a stump speech.

“Big man, strong man, came up to me, tears in his eyes, he said “sir, sir, I may be a cannibal, but I could never eat you. Far too much gristle.” That man’s name? Hannibal Lecter.”

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Biden should have probably backed down after the first term and let someone else run. BUT... frankly anyone else running against Trump would have had a WORSE chance of winning. Biden's been doing a tremendous job and he has that record to run on, but also at his age, people can literally keel over at any moment.

Honestly, Biden has done way better than I expected, but the world doesn't see it that way. Inflation has been out of control. I don't blame that on Biden, but many people do. It's getting harder and harder for people to just get by, with housing and college and car prices through the roof... Again, I don't blame Biden any more than I do any of them... he's just a cog in the giant machine that has been tightening these screws slowly for decades... but again... so many people blame Biden. Normal people are so checked out on politics. Most people have no freaking idea about any of this stuff.

It is kinda funny to me how Trump seems to be getting a pass for COVID when the country was under his watch, but now Biden is somehow 100% to blame for the aftermath of one of the most unique crisis to ever hit the world... even though by most metrics the United States is doing so much better than most other countries... But tell that to a struggling working class family who can't make ends meet anymore. They don't care. They just want to survive and it easy to blame your problems on the man at the top

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't think he's any better, but unfortunately so many people don't seem to care.

I think, during the debate, he could get naked, smear shit all over his face and prance around making chicken noises and he would only lose like 20% of his followers.

7 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't think he's any better, but unfortunately so many people don't seem to care.

I think, during the debate, he could get naked, smear shit all over his face and prance around making chicken noises and he would only lose like 20% of his followers.

I think he would gain supporters.

SOME FOX NEWS GHOUL:

"Trump is just exposing this debate as the farce it is. He knows he won't be given a fair shot, he knows the whole system is a joke, so he chooses to protest by showing the world just what a clown show it is. It's genius."

The verdict for the first debate is out and democrats tend to think that Biden won, republicans think Trump was the victor, and independents were watching reruns of Friends on syndication and were unmoved in either direction 

1 hour ago, ort said:

Honestly, Biden has done way better than I expected, but the world doesn't see it that way. Inflation has been out of control. I don't blame that on Biden, but many people do. It's getting harder and harder for people to just get by, with housing and college and car prices through the roof... Again, I don't blame Biden any more than I do any of them... he's just a cog in the giant machine that has been tightening these screws slowly for decades... but again... so many people blame Biden. Normal people are so checked out on politics. Most people have no freaking idea about any of this stuff.

It is kinda funny to me how Trump seems to be getting a pass for COVID when the country was under his watch, but now Biden is somehow 100% to blame for the aftermath of one of the most unique crisis to ever hit the world... even though by most metrics the United States is doing so much better than most other countries... But tell that to a struggling working class family who can't make ends meet anymore. They don't care. They just want to survive and it easy to blame your problems on the man at the top

It's an unfortunate product of people being really bad at understanding pretty much anything outside their immediate personal lives. On the issues he can control, Biden is doing a great job (while Trump did a horrible job). On the issues outside his control, Biden has a shitty situation. Part of that shitty situation is to do with decisions Trump made, but other parts are just shitty because that's the cycle the world works in.

I think a lot of people are genuinely struggling. COVID just accelerated the world toward where we've been headed for decades, which is a wildly expanding income inequality leading to making living what is considered the typical "American Dream" life more and more out of reach for many people.

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

How many people are actually struggling vs just have bad vibes because their incomes went up but supermarket prices did too?

As someone who works at a grocery store and deals DIRECTLY with the prices, I’ve seen lots of fluctuation.

It’s honestly difficult to gauge but I feel like at Giant prices have remained pretty steady.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

The verdict for the first debate is out and democrats tend to think that Biden won, republicans think Trump was the victor, and independents were watching reruns of Friends on syndication and were unmoved in either direction 

I keep saying people underestimated the effect the first debate in 2020 had on voters.

Between being overly obnoxious and irrational, saying “stand back and stand by” to white supremacists, getting called a clown by Biden as well being told to shut up by him, then attacking Hunter Biden’s drug use which basically nullified four years of him saying he cared about drugs getting into the suburbs and hurting mothers’ sons… he pissed off a lot of people that night. 

• Halal 1

• 1 month later...
WWW.CNN.COM

After months lampooning President Joe Biden as a cognitively impaired “brain-dead zombie” who can’t finish a sentence or navigate off a stage, former President Donald Trump and his campaign are changing their tune days ahead of the critical debate of the election.

"Trump is also hedging against a stronger-than-expected Biden showing by suggesting his opponent will be “jacked up” on drugs to ensure a strong performance."

lol.

Can you imagine if you were that girl? Hopefully she's confident enough that she can embrace and lean into whatever bizarre form of celebrity she has drunkenly thrust upon herself and not have it haunt her forever.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:
WWW.CNN.COM

After months lampooning President Joe Biden as a cognitively impaired “brain-dead zombie” who can’t finish a sentence or navigate off a stage, former President Donald Trump and his campaign are changing their tune days ahead of the critical debate of the election.

"Trump is also hedging against a stronger-than-expected Biden showing by suggesting his opponent will be “jacked up” on drugs to ensure a strong performance."

lol.

Someone finally hammered it into that pudding brain that calling your opponent a senile vegetable before the debate only sets him up to step over that low bar.  But being Trump he can't say he's looking forward to a tough debate and leave it at that.

I’ll be on vacation with my wife and kids at my cousin’s house on Thursday. Trying to decide if I should break away and watch or convince them to put in on the TV. They are Jehovah’s Witnesses so they don’t really follow/participate in politics.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It really is a terrible and stupid meme. And not funny, which doesn't help.

haha

31 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

if I should break away and watch or convince them to put in on the TV

Why would you do that to yourself

• Haha 1

I'm just like... WHO is this debate for? One guy who's running for president for the third time, the other who's running for his second time and was vice president for 8 years before that. 

Who are these mythical people who haven't decided who they're voting for or just aren't going to vote? And why are those people so stupid?

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

50 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

haha

Why would you do that to yourself

I’m typically in the debates don’t matter camp but I don’t know, this one feels different. I feel like Joe Biden’s performance matters to a lot of undecided voters or double haters.

I think the debate only matters this time for people to see how bad trump has gotten/declined and when put up in direct comparison with Biden. I honestly think it will be a shit show for trump and will be the only debate had.