Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also polls out today showing Harris +1 over Trump in Michigan and Wisconsin, states that Biden was down 6+ points in, in some recent polls.

Yikes.

I don't know how much of it was intentional but the timing of this has been devastating for Republicans. 

Two weeks ago Joe was embroiled in the push to drop out, the assassination attempt happened, then Trump picked Vance, and he got to do the convention.

A week later and Joe dropped out, handed off to Kamala, the polls have bounced from that, but now Kamala also still has her VP pick and our convention in the chamber and Trump gets to choose whether he wants to sustain Kamala calling him a wimp for the next 3 months or risk everything by getting on the debate stage with her.

Oh, and Trump's VP has been doing way worse than he oughta, man.

Spoiler

Screenshot_116.jpg

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

5 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Oh, and just as an aside, let's keep in mind that the GOP has permeantly lost the right to ever criticize any Democrat ever for "not being qualified".

I know that is not one of the biggest things they have thrown at her, but it is out there. And it needs to be summarily laughed out of the building when it is brought up.

Even setting aside her accomplishments, the party that nominated a fucking gameshow host 3 times never again gets to question the qualifications of a Democrat. Period. End of story.

Also, I know that smart politicians in a political setting would likely say something like, "No, you want to take those opportunities to articulate the qualifications that Kamala has...." and I get that and I agree.

But in certain contexts....I think you just get to laugh at them. If your uncle Frank decides to start an argument about it, I think you get to just laugh in his face and remind him he voted for the Pussy Grabber.

it’s extremely sexist. i had to tell this to somebody irl the other day. like how is being a former DA, AG, Senator, and current VP not qualified enough? it’s not even subtle. then they wanna joke about how she got on her knees for willie brown. 

• stepee 2
  • Halal 1

9 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I definitely thought the "2008 is the first election with no Bush/Clinton since 1976" was interesting as hell since two different Clintons and Bushes took turns on the ballots going back decades (Bush from 1980-1992 and 2000-2004, and Clinton from 1992-1996 and 2016). I feel this post stretches things with Biden, especially since he's been on the ballot as many times as Trump, who's showing up for the third election in a row.

1980-1992 is including Bush as Reagan’s VP, so I don’t think including Biden as VP is stretching it :p 

Trump has been on the ballot as many times a Biden (3), sure, but so has a Clinton. I get that there were multiple Clintons for that 3x total, but still.

10 hours ago, outsida said:

spacer.png

“Read my lips, ‘I did not have sexual relations with that couch; a sectional sofa’”

The real concern is was it a male or female couch as god intended???

If he didn’t have sex with a couch, explain this prediction from The Simpsons:

IMG-9259.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

How pissed are SNL’s writers right now that all their good material is happening during the summer?

I’m just happy that Mikey Day won’t get to continue what is possibly the worst Biden impression in history for much longer.

• Haha 2

It’s funny the way news works, everyone knows the couch sex thing isn’t real, but the more it’s denied the more real it becomes and no matter what he just becomes the couch sex guy partially because he just sort of seems like a couch sex guy

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s funny the way news works, everyone knows the couch sex thing isn’t real, but the more it’s denied the more real it becomes and no matter what he just becomes the couch sex guy partially because he just sort of seems like a couch sex guy

It’s not a lie if you believe it.

IMG-9261.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

But, if it was Trump, even if it wasn’t true he would probably just rant about fucking couches for an hour and then sell couch necklaces in his website, and his base would lap it up

Trump would absolutely fuck a couch… if Ivanka was sitting on it

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No co or nm but az and nv is something

Er yeah I probably got CO and NM wrong but we won NV in '16 and '20 and polling even under Biden was just a handful of points under. AZ is maybe more a longshot.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its almost like they're just toying with ole donny now.

Screenshot_38.png?ex=66a4bc06&is=66a36a8

Either Trump only has Don Jr advising him or his advisors fucking hate him.  This was the most obvious thing that was going to happen after that last statement.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

I'm starting this up now. This is my guess at Harris' best chance at winning, currently.

XvVXx.png

https://www.270towin.com/maps/XvVXx

The big question is if she can make big strides in Nevada, Arizona or Georgia.

Biden/Harris has been polling better in New Mexico and Colorado than Nevada or Arizona.  Nevada has a lot of Hispanics, the demographic whom Biden has been hemorrhaging the most.  If Harris/whoever does well enough to take Nevada I'm pretty sure they'll take Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado.

Pennsylvania is the tipping point state.  Harris needs to campaign hard there and win it, and it's why Shapiro would be the best VP pick.  (unfortunately it's questionable whether he'll be interested, and Kelly seems to be the person they're talking up)

Next three weeks are key, though.  She needs to define herself before Trump does, and find an answer for the 'she's too liberal' attacks coming her way.

Did anyone post her latest ad, btw?

...pretty darn good, if you ask me.  'Freedom' will play better as a theme in the swing states than any 'hope and change'-ish stuff right now, IMO.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, stepee said:

It's almost like a new subgenre of news stories.

Obviously there have been, and still are, plenty of lies that attach themselves to political campaigns, but what I think makes stories like this and the Gorilla Channel unique is that Trump and his ilk are so far outside the bounds of what used to be acceptable that it has become nearly impossible to discern what is real and what is fake.

Did J.D. Vance openly admit to sticking his dick in his couch? I dunno, did the frontrunner for Trump's VP pick just a couple months ago openly admit to gleefully killing a puppy and then going back and taking out a goat as a pallet cleanser?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's almost like a new subgenre of news stories.

Obviously there have been, and still are, plenty of lies that attach themselves to political campaigns, but what I think makes stories like this and the Gorilla Channel unique is that Trump and his ilk are so far outside the bounds of what used to be acceptable that it has become nearly impossible to discern what is real and what is fake.

Did J.D. Vance openly admit to sticking his dick in his couch? I dunno, did the frontrunner for Trump's VP pick just a couple months ago openly admit to gleefully killing a puppy and then going back and taking out a goat as a pallet cleanser?!

And I think she would have been the more charismatic choice still!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

3 hours ago, stepee said:

But, if it was Trump, even if it wasn’t true he would probably just rant about fucking couches for an hour and then sell couch necklaces in his website, and his base would lap it up

It’s one of those things that any deft politician would lean into slightly to convert people from laughing at him to with him. 

But that ain’t JD

• True 1

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It’s one of those things that any deft politician would lean into slightly to convert people from laughing at him to with him. 

But that ain’t JD

And I mean, there is that gap in the couch cushions you know, it’s relatable 

6 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

But that ain’t JD

His base contains the incels so they’re all 

Natural Glow Reaction GIF