Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

6 minutes ago, ort said:

My wife (who barely follows politics) and is a latino woman living in a deep red state (Missouri)... said, when she learned Harris was in and Biden was out...

"Oh fuck, there is NO WAY, NO WAY that America will vote for her. America will never elect a woman of color, it's just not going to happen... we're fucked..."

Got to buck the trend here. Obama happened, we can keep doing this. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Going to be interesting after the Democratic convention. I looked back at some polling going back to 2004 and you're normally not seeing 50%+ during the summer, so I'm hoping Harris starts to get at or near that number after formally accepting the nomination at the DNC.

Harris just needs to buckle down, be as moderate and inoffensive and boring as possible and I think she can pull this off. Make everything about Trump and stopping Trump.

6 minutes ago, Reputator said:
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

One of President Biden's two younger brothers, Frank Biden, said in his opinion the president's health "absolutely" played a role in his decision to end his 2024...

Biden's brother hoping to enjoy "whatever time they have left". :/

The man is 81 years old, so I'd say that's not necessarily an "unreasonable" sentiment.

Also, Frank Biden apparently has Hunter-like issues.

I have nothing to base this on but vibes but I really don't think the "she's a DEI hire" or "she's weird' angles are really gonna work in a national election.

Not that racist dog whistles never work, but that's a tougher row to hoe in some of the swing states that Trump needs in order to win. Forgetting the hypocrisy angle since Trumpers don't give a fuck about that, I just don't see it getting the women and minority voters they'll need to carry all of those places and I think it has the potential to motivate people to vote for Kamala to counter its obvious bullshit. Shit like constantly mispronouncing her name is not going to help Republicans and they fucking love pumping off while they do that for... some reason.

And the "she's weird" shit is... weird. Again all vibes and I appreciate that we're generally numb to Trump's particular flavor of bullshit, but the stuff she does oddly is but a candle next to the supernova that is everything to do with Trump.

I don't think the race is Kamala's to lose or anything. But who gives a fuck about what the GOP will lob her way? At this point the strategy has less to do with whatever thinly veneered racist and misogynist attacks they make against her and more about them mobilizing in battleground states. They're pulling in the money for now, it's about whether or not they have the juice.

General Election Poll - Pennsylvania

Trump 47% (+2) Harris 45% North Star #B - 600 LV - 7/20-23

Senate Poll - Pennsylvania

Casey 49% (+8) McCormick 41% North Star #B - 600 LV - 7/20-23

Still a pretty decent amount of ticket splitting going on, but also not a full post dropout poll, its also a GOP backed poll.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have nothing to base this on but vibes but I really don't think the "she's a DEI hire" or "she's weird' angles are really gonna work in a national election.

Not that racist dog whistles never work, but that's a tougher row to hoe in some of the swing states that Trump needs in order to win. Forgetting the hypocrisy angle since Trumpers don't give a fuck about that, I just don't see it getting the women and minority voters they'll need to carry all of those places and I think it has the potential to motivate people to vote for Kamala to counter its obvious bullshit. Shit like constantly mispronouncing her name is not going to help Republicans and they fucking love pumping off while they do that for... some reason.

And the "she's weird" shit is... weird. Again all vibes and I appreciate that we're generally numb to Trump's particular flavor of bullshit, but the stuff she does oddly is but a candle next to the supernova that is everything to do with Trump.

I don't think the race is Kamala's to lose or anything. But who gives a fuck about what the GOP will lob her way? At this point the strategy has less to do with whatever thinly veneered racist and misogynist attacks they make against her and more about them mobilizing in battleground states. They're pulling in the money for now, it's about whether or not they have the juice.

imo, Republicans have lost for 7 years because they're weird, which is putting things lightly. The people praying in front of elections offices in 2020 for Trump, yelling to stop the count or count the vote, depending on whether or not Trump was behind, a neckbeard insurrection, Kari Lake's 2022 campaign, national abortion bans, they've lost their mind.

Those swing suburban voters I hear really hate weird shit. 

• True 3

Also the House session for next week was cancelled and august recess starts after tomorrow, with none of the appropriation bills passed, won't come back till september, they can't be dumb enough to try the shut down just before an election shit again, can they?

• Sicko Sherman 1

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Screenshot_37.png?ex=66a2a4af&is=66a1532

Can't stop won't stop bitches!

Yea other talking points from the right is that she slept her way to where she is now. They're basically grasping for straws at this point 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Going to be interesting after the Democratic convention. I looked back at some polling going back to 2004 and you're normally not seeing 50%+ during the summer, so I'm hoping Harris starts to get at or near that number after formally accepting the nomination at the DNC.

Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins
me, right now

1 minute ago, Ominous said:

And that's how the "religious" base supports him... Man can plow the fields he wants. Woman submit... But also woman bad. Bad bad woman. 

Again incels are a bunch of losers who know they’ll never be wanted so a woman having mind blowing sex offends them because women will never have it with those losers.

• True 1

55 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Still a pretty decent amount of ticket splitting going on, but also not a full post dropout poll, its also a GOP backed poll.

Where was Biden at in Pennsylvania before he resigned?

56 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

If that’s a gop poll lmao McCormick is mccooked 

5 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Where was Biden at in Pennsylvania before he resigned?

Don't think this group has released a previous PA poll, but since this poll went out before Biden dropped out, he was still in it, and was -7, but Biden was doing really badly in the state, like -4+ average.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Also the House session for next week was cancelled and august recess starts after tomorrow, with none of the appropriation bills passed, won't come back till september, they can't be dumb enough to try the shut down just before an election shit again, can they?

Yes. Yes they are that dumb.

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1

53 minutes ago, Best said:

I don't think I ever heard of him doing that. Was it related with him being buddies with Epstein?

Some Epstein documents were unsealed and it shows Trump was accused of raping a 13 girl. 

• Shocked 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, outsida said:

Some Epstein documents were unsealed and it shows Trump was accused of raping a 13 girl. 

Doesn't surprise me. This is the same guy who wants to fuck his daughter. 

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

ece39e76-f7a5-4b73-a3c6-5a038a96a8a9.png

282176d5-4e61-41b6-a51a-98e592c93a1d.png

My feeling during the top half: this guy was forward-thinking, I suppose.

My feeling during the bottom half: lol

Can't read his full articles on WSJ but I can't imagine there's any way his logic is consistent.