Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Damn bro I just thought this was a story about some lions

I only vaguely remember some of the article because my group dug it up for my Psych/Soc class my senior year for a project. I remember it be on of the most bizarre takes on anything I have had the pleasure of reading. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

can we forever keep the de-special edition of that picture please? 

You hating progress is more your problem than mine.

14 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I assumed Final's icon was a photoshop of Donald Trump.

Shame!

31 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I mean not to go too far into the weeds on the Lion King.  But the hyenas were marginalized and that allowed Scar to use them for his ends, but considering the pretty obvious Nazi imagery in Be Prepared I don't think it was a comment on racial minorities so much.  I guess it depends on whether the editorial was in favor of the status quo old timey caste-type system or against it.

The Lion King blows.

Simba gets told that lions are part of the great circle of life, that it’s okay that they eat the antelope because lions eventually become grass which the antelope eat. Fuck you Mufasa, you get to run down your prey and eat it alive, then die peacefully after porking a bunch of hot lionesses, it ain’t the same. Also Mufasa straight up tells Simba to ignore the projects where the hyenas live. Sure you can see where they live from Pride Rock but they’ve got the lowest property value in the kingdom and they probably don’t pay taxes so fuck em.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 6
  • True 2
  • Sicko 1
  • Hype 1

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The Lion King blows.

Simba gets told that lions are part of the great circle of life, that it’s okay that they eat the antelope because lions eventually become grass which the antelope eat. Fuck you Mufasa, you get to run down your prey and eat it alive, then die peacefully after porking a bunch of hot lionesses, it ain’t the same. Also Mufasa straight up tells Simba to ignore the projects where the hyenas live. Sure you can see where they live from Pride Rock but they’ve got the lowest property value in the kingdom and they probably don’t pay taxes so fuck em.

Sometimes I wonder why I still post on a message board in 2024 and then I see a post like this and I remember 

• True 2
  • Hugs 2

From Brian Stelter:

"Among registered voters, 90% of Democrats say they approve of Biden's decision to end his campaign. 90%! And 88% of independents and 85% of Republicans say the same. That's from brand new @CNN polling"

Just now, SaysWho? said:

From Brian Stelter:

"Among registered voters, 90% of Democrats say they approve of Biden's decision to end his campaign. 90%! And 88% of independents and 85% of Republicans say the same. That's from brand new @CNN polling"

Joe Biden finally united the country.

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Hype 2

With those opinion poll numbers I wonder how long the republicans are going to keep hammering their hilariously inept and losing message of... "nuh uh, you did a coup. Look, it's a coup... no one voted for Camal-uh. She was put in out of nowhere from the deep state / elites / billionaires!!!!!11!!!!! She wasn't elected. This is the real coup! Who hates democracy now????!!???!? Who is the threat to democracy now????!??"

10 minutes ago, ort said:

With those opinion poll numbers I wonder how long the republicans are going to keep hammering their hilariously inept and losing message of... "nuh uh, you did a coup. Look, it's a coup... no one voted for Camal-uh. She was put in out of nowhere from the deep state / elites / billionaires!!!!!11!!!!! She wasn't elected. This is the real coup! Who hates democracy now????!!???!? Who is the threat to democracy now????!??"

They don't have anything yet.  I'm sure they'll get their messaging refined soon, but right now it's just flailing.  It's a coup, she has a weird laugh.  Johnson has had to tell them to pump the brakes on calling out her race, probably because the ones that do are being so obvious that you can do a find and replace for "DEI" and the n-word and still have their sentences work.

I really truly find it shocking that they didn't have an entire messaging playbook ready to go for this contingency.

A week ago I too would have assumed Biden was probably not going to drop out... but how can you not even prepare for it? At all?

9 minutes ago, ort said:

I really truly find it shocking that they didn't have an entire messaging playbook ready to go for this contingency.

A week ago I too would have assumed Biden was probably not going to drop out... but how can you not even prepare for it? At all?

Brain drain from that party is a real thing

• Halal 1

CNN/SSRS Poll (7/22-23)

Now: Trump 49% Harris 46%

6/28-30: Trump 49% Biden 43%

Interesting poll trump again doesn't move, Harris improves on Biden's margins, its also redials of previous participants, despite that she improved 3% here.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

CNN/SSRS Poll (7/22-23)

Now: Trump 49% Harris 46%

6/28-30: Trump 49% Biden 43%

Interesting poll trump again doesn't move, Harris improves on Biden's margins, its also redials of previous participants, despite that she improved 3% here.

That's a 2-way race, and isn't factoring in RFK it looks like.  Which is probably why Trump is trying to get RFK to drop out and gain his endorsement. 

25 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

That's a 2-way race, and isn't factoring in RFK it looks like.  Which is probably why Trump is trying to get RFK to drop out and gain his endorsement. 

I would assume the missing percentages that add to 100 are you undecided or RFK voters, and likely where Harris' improvement came from.

2024 National GE:

Trump 44% (+3) Harris 41% Kennedy 5% West 1% Stein 1%

Only poll i've seen where Trump moves up 1 and Harris doesn't move, also includes sunday so not completely after biden dropping out, also huge amount of undecideds. 

Also though, Harris' net favorability is already higher than Trump's in the poll.

GTQw8YEWkAA0aS0?format=jpg&name=large

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

If Harris can effectively appeal to moderates, she will win.  I don't think she'll have difficulty getting the "Blue no matter who" voters out to the polls.  

Shes still below the typical 90% or higher of your own party voting for you in polls, though shes doing better than Biden was there, that alone will increase her odds of winning significantly.  Honestly though from what i've seen Trump would be better of if RFK stays in the race, hes pulling more from dems than the GOP right now, and i don't see RFK voters as generally caring who RFK endorses, just your typical i hate both party morons voting for someone they know nothing about.

My wife (who barely follows politics) and has 20 years of experience as a latino woman living in a deep red state (Missouri)... said, when she learned Harris was in and Biden was out...

"Oh fuck, there is NO WAY, NO WAY that America will vote for her. America will never elect a woman of color, it's just not going to happen... we're fucked..."

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wrong 1

I hate how our political system works and I see the entire political industry (which I used to work in) as a giant for-profit nightmare machine. Anyway, as a personal rule, I have never... and will never... donate money to politicians or political causes.

Anyway, as a person who has never given a single penny, I usually get like one random political text from a candidate every few weeks during the election cycle... but for whatever reason... in the last 2 weeks, I'm getting multiple texts every single day... and now I'm getting them from the republicans too...

FUN!

Just now Josh Hawley really wants me to know that Lucas Kunce hasn't endorsed Harris for some reason...

Going to be interesting after the Democratic convention. I looked back at some polling going back to 2004 and you're normally not seeing 50%+ during the summer, so I'm hoping Harris starts to get at or near that number after formally accepting the nomination at the DNC.