Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

I don’t think Harris is “unlikable”, but she is a little odd. Her uncomfortable laugh when asked tough questions can come across insincere. I am honestly surprised she hasn’t worked on that over the years as getting it under control would alleviate a lot of the legitimate criticism about how she can be perceived.

But Harris changes the game in the election, because making the election a referendum on the accomplishments of the Biden/Harris administration is a much easier thing to do than defending Biden on the age and mental acuity front. While it ultimately is the economy, stupid, Harris can actually attempt to make the case that the average voter is better off in November 2024 than they were from 2017-2020. Biden could not make the case that he was the same as in November of 2020 when first elected.

I don’t think the VP pick matters a whole heckuva lot, it really boils down to creating excitement about a continuation of the Biden/Harris administration. If the Harris campaign is successful at that, Harris has a decent shot at winning.

• Hype 1

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She seems the same to me. It's like all you guys worked yourself into a shoot thinking she wasn't likeable, from California, or a bad speaker and this and that. But she acts exactly the same. I mean there was a reason she beat Loretta Sanchez in 2016 right? She beat Chris Kelly, Rocky Delgadillo, and Steve Cooley in 2010 right?

People will vote for her. She is likable.

Ehhh, she definitely improved. When she spoke off-the-cuff, she was like in that clip: very good. It was when she spoke with pre-prepared things she sounded like a high schooler reading something out loud for the first time, and it made her sound inauthentic, such as her “I was that little girl” thing in the primaries. She was always capable, but sounded poorly rehearsed too often - she’s improved, a lot, based on her recent speeches, and that’s a very good thing.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Here's a speech from 10 years ago and the speech everyone was raving about yesterday. While a different kind of speech and crowd she's basically doing the same thing.

Yes, again, as to where you have it snapped to begin playing is when she is speaking more off-the-cuff. I rewound it a bit to around the 19 min mark and it’s exactly what I’m talking about.

To ignore that she’s improved would require ignoring her performance in the primaries.

EDIT: I refreshed the thread and now it’s playing from the beginning so you may not have had it set to play at a certain point and it was just my phone being weird in an odd coincidence :p 

To be fair I’ve never liked her as a politician when it comes to engaging, she’s great behind the scenes but has never inspired confidence. 

Her speech at the CNA/NNU conference was painful in October.

All the hype and hope and viral memes are great (and it's great to feel those things, again), but the important part is stuff like this:

yI9BKmI.png

1oyZhUG.png

20 million+ boomers have died since the 2016 election, and 40 million+ Gen Z have entered the voting population. Obviously the latter will vote at lower rates per capita, but getting them excited (similar to Millennials with Obama in 2008) is key to Harris' victory.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 3

16 minutes ago, Reputator said:

WWW.FORBES.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris garnered enough support from delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, though she faces heavy GOP pushback...

Soooo damn scared. :lol:

Rep.Andy Ogles, R-Tenn., introduced a resolution calling to impeach Harris for high crimes and misdemeanors, arguing that during her term as vice president, Harris “has demonstrated extraordinary incompetence in the execution of her duties and responsibilities.”

Specifically, Ogles claims Harris has exhibited a “stark refusal to uphold the existing immigration laws” and a “palpable indifference to people of the United States suffering as a result of the ongoing southern border crisis.”

Can somebody swing by his office and drop off a description of the duties and responsibilities of the Vice President?  Best I can tell she cast those tie breaking votes in the Senate like a champ and maintained a pulse to become President if at some point Biden failed to maintain a pulse himself.

• Halal 2

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.NATIONALREVIEW.COM

The left-wing group demanded that the DNC host a virtual snap primary, extending nomination privileges to voters.

No one calling for a "snap primary" or a "blitz primary" or whatever needs to ever try and comment seriously on politics again.  This one is calling for an online election, which is... not a serious request.

8 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

No one calling for a "snap primary" or a "blitz primary" or whatever needs to ever try and comment seriously on politics again.  This one is calling for an online election, which is... not a serious request.

racist

Spoiler

jk

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.NATIONALREVIEW.COM

The left-wing group demanded that the DNC host a virtual snap primary, extending nomination privileges to voters.

Black Lives Matters is a slogan. The official organization with the name "Black Lives Matters" is basically a money laundering scam.

• True 4

58 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.NATIONALREVIEW.COM

At this point there’s no one to challenge her so what’s the point of this stunt other than online clout chasing and virtue signaling?

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

At this point there’s no one to challenge her so what’s the point of this stunt other than online clout chasing and virtue signaling?

No no, we can call up Good Vibes Marriane, Dean Who?, and the Prodigal Son of Kennedy to run an online primary against Harris in a couple weeks.

25 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

3b1g7dcfiged1.jpg

GOP Trolls are out of ideas at the moment

I remember when there were op-ed articles in my local newspaper that did a cultural breakdown of the Lion King. How the hyenas represented minorities and how they needed to be kept into their current roles by those in power to maintain the status quo. 

Yeah, looking back I was raised in a racist part of Pennsylvania...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Littleronin said:

I remember when there were op-ed articles in my local newspaper that did a cultural breakdown of the Lion King. How the hyenas represented minorities and how they needed to be kept into their current roles by those in power to maintain the status quo. 

Damn bro I just thought this was a story about some lions

5 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I mean not to go too far into the weeds on the Lion King.  But the hyenas were marginalized and that allowed Scar to use them for his ends, but considering the pretty obvious Nazi imagery in Be Prepared I don't think it was a comment on racial minorities so much.  I guess it depends on whether the editorial was in favor of the status quo old timey caste-type system or against it.