Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

I’ve been real worried that he’d stay in and Trump’s win would be in the bag. I now feel hope that 2025 Project Judgement Day may be stalled/halted  with a new leader at the helm. It’s not a guarantee for a Harris but I think it’s pretty much locked. If I were to pick a V.P. pick but going outside of the box, I really admire former Republican Adam Kinzinger as a possible pick. 

I am feeling a rush of positivity at this as the day goes on. And my feeling is that we're starting to see the building of a new momentum for the party. This might just be the reinvigoration we needed.

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 3

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I’ve been real worried that he’d stay in and Trump’s win would be in the bag. I now feel hope that 2025 Project Judgement Day may be stalled/halted  with a new leader at the helm. It’s not a guarantee for a Harris but I think it’s pretty much locked. If I were to pick a V.P. pick but going outside of the box, I really admire former Republican Adam Kinzinger as a possible pick. 

Trump has been trying to put as much daylight as possible between him and Project 2025, and both him and Vance are really trying to downplay their abortion stances pre-Dobbs.  The Democrats need to not let them.

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I am feeling a rush of positivity at this as the day goes on. And my feeling is that we're starting to see the building of a new momentum for the party. This might just the reinvigoration we needed.

when she’s ready, we should share this in honour of Biden doing the right thing I think (should be able to see the name of the strain)

spacer.png

• Hype 1

Man I am done waking up in the afternoon. Last time I woke up to an assassination attempt on Trump (like the moment it happened I woke up). Now I am waking up to breaking news of Biden dropping out of the race.

Why can't I wake up to breaking news of Paul Rudd breaking into a zoo to tickle the paws of a red panda, or some equally criminal and adorable...

• Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Post it

"Crooked Joe Biden was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - And never was! He was the Worst President, by far, in the History of our Nation."

"All those around him, including his Doctor and the Media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t."

"We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

i think Kamala actually should debate him. of course it could go sideways, but i think she could benefit from showing to voters she is competent and “normal” compared to trump. i think she has some work to do and it could help. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do want to point out that the reason why Biden didn't explicitly endorse Harris in that announcement letter is because doing so might be construed as a violation of the Hatch Act.

But what if he endorsed his favorite brand of Mexican food?

30 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Kinzinger isn’t a former Republican. He is still a Republican. Just hates Trump. 

Former President Barack Obama endorsed an open Democratic primary process at the convention next month — less than an hour after former President Bill Clinton endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president.

“I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges,” Obama said in a statement, which did not mention Harris. “I believe that Joe Biden’s vision of a generous, prosperous, and united America that provides opportunity for everyone will be on full display at the Democratic Convention in August.”

Pelosi didn’t endorse Harris last I checked either. There may be a split in how to proceed after all. 

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Kinzinger isn’t a former Republican. He is still a Republican. Just hates Trump. 

Kinzinger and Liz Cheney are two individuals who I doubt I’d ever agree on policy with, however, they earned and will always have my respect for putting country before party. 
That being said, Kinzinger is more-or-less anti-the entire GOP right now. He’s not a democrat, but I don’t know if he’s really a republican, either.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Best said:

"Donald Trump was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - And never was! He was the Worst President, by far, in the History of our Nation."

"All those around him, including his Doctor and the Media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t."

"We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly."

FTFY

3 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Pelosi didn’t endorse Harris last I checked either. There may be a split in how to proceed after all. 

Ah yes, an open chaotic convention with no clear candidate for another month is just what they need to be serious about taking Trump on.  They should have made a deal to shuffle Pelosi out of politics along with Biden.

Per CNN:

"

CNN’s 
@jamiegangel
 says sources close to the Vice-President say these are some of the names being discussed as her running mate: 

Arizona Senator Mark Kelly 
Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear 
North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper 
Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro"

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Per CNN:

"

CNN’s 
@jamiegangel
 says sources close to the Vice-President say these are some of the names being discussed as her running mate: 

I like all of these guys but If I had to choose I would go with Kelly.

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Per CNN:

"

CNN’s 
@jamiegangel

LFG for cooper. No messy vacancies to fill