Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

7 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

But if they want Harris out too, how the fuck is that going to work? They're just going to give up the $100M war chest for campaigning? Democrats, the party paid to lose. 

It can be transferred to the DNC. 

27 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I think the debate performance was just an excuse to do what they were gonna do anyway.

lol, no, Trump was a train wreck during the debate, its just Biden couldn't muster any defense against any of his BS, at times even managed to serve trump easy lay ups, and since then hes looks OK at times, but even then he'll not finish a thought when his stutter starts up or something and says "look, Anyways" and moves on without finishing what he was saying.  There are a lot of normies out there seeing that and thinking "this man isn't going to last 4 more years"

If Biden was who he was 4 years ago we would not being having this conversation.

• True 3

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Newsome (along with Whitmer) have allegedly already indicated that they're not interested in joining the ticket.

I'd vote for:

Whitmer

Beshear

Buttigieg

Pollis

Shaprio

I would vote against:

Newsome

• Hugs 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Newsome (along with Whitmer) have allegedly already indicated that they're not interested in joining the ticket.

My understanding is they aren't interested in being VP, I could be wrong, but if presidential nominee became available they might have other thoughts.

Senate Polls:

PENNSYLVANIA Bob Casey (D-Inc) 50% (+11) David McCormick (R) 39% .

MICHIGAN Elissa Slotkin (D) 46% (+8) Mike Rogers (R) 38% .

PENNSYLVANIA Trump 49% (+5) Biden 44% .

MICHIGAN Trump 49% (+3) Biden 46% .

@ppppolls

/ Clean and Prosperous America PAC (D), 1,274 RV, 7/17-18

Just the same drumbeat, Dems cruising statewide except Biden.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

If they're still trying to push out Biden AND Kamala then it's not a serious plan. Team Ridin' with Biden. Give him a coffee mug full of 5 Hour Energy every day.

After snorting a line of hopium, I hallucinated about a future in which, after an all-out effort by the party brass to defenestrate Biden, he stays in, and then on election day Republicans are so resolutely confident in a Trump victory that they don't bother voting, and Democrats are so horrified by what they presume is the inevitability of Trump 2.0 that they blow through previous turnout records, and Biden squeaks out a victory.

Then I smoked a bowl of copium and looked into the polling history of prior incumbent presidents, and noted that they consistently overperform their numbers.  It was a nice strain and I will probably return to it again before this is all over.

If the Dems actually win this election, you will find me in rehab--happy as a clam. 

• Halal 1

I do wonder what happens to the GOP if Trump does lose, no real successor has emerged, MAGA will have been handed multiple defeats, and the MAGA wing is not compatible with the old GOP, which they burned that bridge right after they crossed it, while this past convention basically erased the GOP entirely and was only about him and I can't see Trump making the attempt for a 4th time at 82.

15 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I do wonder what happens to the GOP if Trump does lose, no real successor has emerged, MAGA will have been handed multiple defeats, and the MAGA wing is not compatible with the old GOP, which they burned that bridge right after they crossed it, while this past convention basically erased the GOP entirely and was only about him and I can't see Trump making the attempt for a 4th time at 82.

No idea.  I thought they'd pivot away from him and treat him like a leper after 2020 and Jan 6.  Parties typically don't invite the guy who lost his incumbent election around for a while.  But I suppose he dumped out enough of the actual Republicans for his own people to leave them no choice.

Even if he does win, he's old as shit, he's either dead or super decrepit in a decade.  No one has his magnetism, they're left with his shitty ideology paired with imbeciles like Greene and Gaetz or uncharismatic dorks like Vance and Desantis.

9 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

No idea.  I thought they'd pivot away from him and treat him like a leper after 2020 and Jan 6.  Parties typically don't invite the guy who lost his incumbent election around for a while.  But I suppose he dumped out enough of the actual Republicans for his own people to leave them no choice.

Even if he does win, he's old as shit, he's either dead or super decrepit in a decade.  No one has his magnetism, they're left with his shitty ideology paired with imbeciles like Greene and Gaetz or uncharismatic dorks like Vance and Desantis.

They're scared of his base literally murdering them. 

• True 2

The fact that the GOP is still on the Trump train is just baffling to me.

I feel like him winning the initial GOP primary was an accident and they've been just riding this wild bronco ever since.

One thing though, it's really proven just how morally bankrupt the entire party is. They literally stand for nothing and believe in nothing as has been evidenced by the last 8 years.

What's funny is they think that their continued delusion of  pretending that trump and the maga movement is anything even close to normal or political as usual has most people convinced. No, most people see right through that shit. You're only convincing the dumbest and worst people who live in this country.

They've become the party of whiny jerks, the party of never-ending victimhood, the party of sniveling weakness, the party of liars, the party of racists, the party of the worst, dumbest most vile people ever and they seem so happy with themselves.

Fuck them all is what I say. FUCK THEM ALL. You can't pretend like you didn't support that madman a decade from now. The Trump stink is on the party forever, and if you stood with Trump, I will NEVER RESPECT YOU. EVER.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

They're scared of his base literally murdering them. 

Look at how the Democrats are handling prominent members of the party calling for Biden to step aside and imagine if anyone in the GOP did the same to Trump. Imagine how Trump would be reacting if he was facing the same internal pressure from his party as Biden is now.

Look at what has happened to any republicans who stood against Trump. They've been politically ostracized and removed from the party in total disgrace. They have no room for sanity. Anyone who correctly points out that the Emperor isn't wearing clothes is instantly demonized because they can't show even a single crack in the armor of lies they've constructed to normalize the insanity the party has embraced.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Has anyone asked Harris if she actually wants it? 

Well she did run in the 2020 primary and she IS running for re-election as a VP to an 81 year old, so yeah I don't feel like she's ever ruled it out.

• Halal 1

39 minutes ago, ort said:

Look at what has happened to any republicans who stood against Trump. They've been politically ostracized and removed from the party in total disgrace. They have no room for sanity. Anyone who correctly points out that the Emperor isn't wearing clothes is instantly demonized because they can't show even a single crack in the armor of lies they've constructed to normalize the insanity the party has embraced.

Those are the kinds of vibes that the Democracy in North Korea is built on..

Im just waiting for them to finally start testing the waters for Trump Jr… the Trump crime family has made too much money on this grift to give it up.. specially since the rubes are so cowardly and gullible

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Senate Polls:

PENNSYLVANIA Bob Casey (D-Inc) 50% (+11) David McCormick (R) 39% .

MICHIGAN Elissa Slotkin (D) 46% (+8) Mike Rogers (R) 38% .

PENNSYLVANIA Trump 49% (+5) Biden 44% .

MICHIGAN Trump 49% (+3) Biden 46% .

@ppppolls

/ Clean and Prosperous America PAC (D), 1,274 RV, 7/17-18

Just the same drumbeat, Dems cruising statewide except Biden.

Is it possible to have a Megazord of swing state Senators run for President?

3 hours ago, ThreePi said:

I don't know why people are saying they'd vote for Trump over Newsom. I'd vote for Bob Menendez over Trump with a smile on my face. 

It's fucking silly and indicitive of how "issues" don't matter. Our elections are basically popularity contests based on cult of personality and celebrity. Americans are doing their damndest to show the rest of the world that Democracy just doesn't work :shrug:

• True 3

I'd challenge a bit the notion that the issues don't matter. Yes cult of personality is number 1, but if issues didn't matter, why doesn't Trump just take on positions that are clearly popular and syphon off centrist/leftist votes? 

Republicans are chaotic and not well organized, but they're not idiots, they're just liars and grifters. They either are not good grifters or the issues do actually matter to them.

I'd say the old Republican issues didn't matter to them and Trump has given them the permission to put on front street the issues that do matter to them, even if it actually hurts their chances on winning. Surprising since winning and power seems to be the only thing he cares about. I just think the instant gratification of the MAGA crowds cheering for him gets in the way of him being better at winning.