Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

16 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Only consolation is that there's still a huge number of undecideds, in most cases more than enough to offset the margin of error...if they're mostly Biden voters who are too annoyed with him to voice their support in a poll, there's hope.  If they're Trump voters who don't want to say they're Trump voters, we're screwed.  If they're true fence-sitters...who the hell knows.  I don't see how true fence-sitters can even exist given who the candidates are, unless they have the IQ of a chia pet. (Maybe that's the answer right there...)

I think this is largely my read as well, and why I give Biden a good chance.

Voters mad at Biden because of inflation. Voters mad at Biden because of Gaza. These are real people that we know. People that I believe are imminently gettable when the choice is only Biden vs. Trump.

On the other hand. Who in the world is still a "quiet Trump voter" too shy to make their support for him heard? Those days are long, long over with imho.

As for truly undecideds....my opinion is that's why, for all of his fault, you keep Biden over Harris. Those undecideds decide who is likable in late October, not any of this other stuff. And Biden is likable.

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

They're going to decide based on the price of gas.

Well he shut down that pipeline that was going to move Canadian oil wasn't completed  and now we are not energy independent ignoring that we produce more oil now than ever and were never independent.  :wat:

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

They're going to decide based on the price of gas.

Saudi has less ability now to spike the price of gas than they did two years ago right? 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Saudi has less ability now to spike the price of gas than they did two years ago right? 

I feel like people who vote for Trump due to the price of gas being high would just be expecting Trump to simply lower the price of it in a Thanos sort of way as soon as he is elected 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I feel like people who vote for Trump due to the price of gas being high would just be expecting Trump to simply lower the price of it in a Thanos sort of way as soon as he is elected 

If this is true then they were Trump voters all along, they just didn't know it. Clearly they're stupid enough.

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

If this is true then they were Trump voters all along, they just didn't know it. Clearly they're stupid enough.

I do think some of them are just stupid

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I do think some of them are just stupid

Just some? :p If you are voting entirely based on "the price of gas" I can't really see what other explanation there is. Especially if their thinking is what you described in terms of Thanos, which sounds very plausible that they'd believe it works that way.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Just some? :p If you are voting entirely based on "the price of gas" I can't really see what other explanation there is.

I meant the others are already trump supporters AND stupid. Some are just stupid. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

I think this is largely my read as well, and why I give Biden a good chance.

Voters mad at Biden because of inflation. Voters mad at Biden because of Gaza. These are real people that we know. People that I believe are imminently gettable when the choice is only Biden vs. Trump.

On the other hand. Who in the world is still a "quiet Trump voter" too shy to make their support for him heard? Those days are long, long over with imho.

As for truly undecideds....my opinion is that's why, for all of his fault, you keep Biden over Harris. Those undecideds decide who is likable in late October, not any of this other stuff. And Biden is likable.

I agree keep Biden unless you have an insanely good VP pick for Harris (Taylor Swift).

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-9197.jpg

:daydream:

Take that quote and post it on a billboard and question him about it during a debate with the entire quite on a screen behind him… nevermind that would require journalist to ask questions instead of just accepting disinformation and word vomit

48 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
DEADLINE.COM

Joe Biden wants civility in the election, but he wants to make a few things clear to Lester Holt too

What else could he say? He's right that he deserves zero blame for inciting violence after everything his opponent has said.

50 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m 100% on the HarrSwift ticket too

Easy win IMO.

33 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

An immediately underrated part of that quote is also...

"We're the party of dumb white voters".

-J.D. Vance

Well it's a good thing that is out there now because a lot of them are too dumb to know it.

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

General Election Poll

Trump 46% (+1) Biden 45%

Poll before Trump Shooting was Trump +2 Morning Consult #C - 2045 RV - 7/15

Trump: I could shoot somebody and not lose any voters.

Earth's Mad Scientist God: What if I tried the opposite?

• Haha 1
  • True 1

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Biden got a bit sassy with Holt when asked about the debate, but Joe has a point (timestamped):

I just watched the whole thing and all I have to say is that the last remaining threads of journalistic integrity are absolutely dead in this country.

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So I didn't watch the debate but I've watched plenty of coverage about it and I haven't heard ONE Journo talk about ONE lie Trump told that night. Not one.

Articles from within approximately 24 hours after the debate mentioned it, but just a brief “Biden stumbled, Trump lied” or whatever in the headline and then basically did no actual coverage of any of the lies that Trump told.

Meme-centric satirical news groups/accounts did a better job of covering it then pretty much any actual news outlet.

• Halal 1