“Not-E3” is upon us

Summer Game Fest: Fri June 7th, 2pm PT / 5pm ET

Sony: Thurs, May 30th 3pm PT / 6pm ET (thread)

Microsoft: Sun June 9th, 10am PST / 1pm ET (followed by CoD deep dive)

Nintendo: Confirmed for June, likely to focus on Switch games

Ubisoft: Mon June 10th, 12pm PT / 3pm ET

THQ Nordic: Aug 2nd

EA / Capcom / SquareEnix / etc: ???

Next Indie Direct: June 1st (thread)

Best Next Indie Summer Showcase: June 4th, 8am (thread)
OTK Games Expo: June 4th

Guerilla Collective Online Showcase: Thurs June 6th, 10am PT / 1pm ET (thread)

Access-Ability Summer Showcase: Fri June 7th, 8am PT / 11am ET

Day of the Devs: Fri June 7th, after Summer Game Fest (thread)

Devolver: Fri June 7th, 5pm PT / 7pm ET

Wholesome Direct: Sat June 8th, 9am PT / 12pm ET

Future Games Show: Sat June 8th, 12pm PT / 3pm ET

PC Games Show: Sat June 9th, 1pm PT / 4pm ET

Latin American Games Showcase (thread)

Women-Led Games

Future of Play: TBA

Upload VR: TBA

Level 5: TBA

Trebeca: TBA, but games are listed here, and will have demos.  Includes a post-release talk on FF7 Rebirth:

Naoki Hamaguchi, the director of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and Yoshinori Kitase, the producer of the game and director of the original Final Fantasy VII, discuss what it was like remaking the beloved classic and bringing an iconic cast of characters to life in the modern age. With technology so much more advanced than when the original game launched in 1997, what narrative techniques did they use to update and reimagine a story that many video game fans consider one of the greatest tales ever told?

WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

Keep track of every big livestream happening throughout the summer.

• Hugs 1

• crispy4000 changed the title to “Not-E3” is getting closer
8 hours ago, Dodger said:

Even though it's not the same as it once was I still get excited for this time of the year and all the new game annoncements

Same, and I know I really shouldn’t but it’s hard to break the habit of a lifetime 

• stepee 1

17 hours ago, Dodger said:

Even though it's not the same as it once was I still get excited for this time of the year and all the new game annoncements

Hopefully the main show keeps on its upward trajectory.  It's great that there's something centralized, gives more games a chance to stand out instead of trying to make it to Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo's.

• Halal 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:17 PM, Dodger said:

18 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Same, and I know I really shouldn’t but it’s hard to break the habit of a lifetime 

I was starting to break the habit because of all the “leaks” that would begin a couple months leading up to E3. Just ruined the surprises. Then Nintendo pulled out. Then Sony. And now we get some kind of show case every quarter as developers and publishers carve up the rest of the year to have exclusive windows to show off a game. Combined with the Game Awards being just a glorified trailer show case, even the time period of E3 doesn’t feel uniquely special. Hasn’t for years. 

It is what it is. This would have always happened as developers and publishers surely got tired of sharing attention or even getting over shadowed. And with streaming being so main stream, all a studio needs is an iphone, 1-2 chairs with nervously uncharismatic employees talking, with a trailer and some b-roll, throw it on youtube and done. Who needs E3. Who needs to fly to LA. Who needs to pay for a booth. 

Jez with a supposed inside baseball take on the upcoming Xbox conference:

WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

The Xbox Games Showcase for 2024 goes live on June 9, 2024. Here are our biggest predictions and expectations for this year's show.

• crispy4000 changed the title to “Not-E3” is upon us

OTK Expo isn't worth a thread.

Best games by far were Wild Bastards and Akatori (also in Best Indie Games showcase), Vindefient (also in Next Indie Games showcase), Screenbound and Combo Devils.  I'll take the latter two to their own threads.

Beyond that, there's these few decent looking ones that don't do much new.

(Paperklay demo)

I started taking notes on the previous year's showcase by accident, it was a much better show by comparison.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but @Commissar SFLUFAN posted it

I didn't go through all the posts.  I started reading after @crispy4000 said "I updated the list"

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Arguably more people here are excited for The Plucky Squire than anything from the shows you've mentioned. :p

Doesn't change the fact that its an Indie game.

27 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Doesn't change the fact that its an Indie game.

You said "bigger" games. Indie games can be big.

Also, Devolver is a publicly traded company. They are indie in spirit but not actually anymore.

3 hours ago, legend said:

My wife is going to be so pissed if they don't show anything on Fable.

Same here. It’s one of my most wanted games. The last trailer imo was really cool but it wasn't in-game which has me concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Best said:

Same here. It’s one of my most wanted games. The last trailer imo was really cool but it wasn't in-game which has me concerned. 

Yeah, CG trailers suck and mean next to nothing. They're forgivable only when they're accompanied by non-CG trailers.

Plausibly some of the trailer did include some "gameplay," but if it did, it comes across as still highly curated and not indicative of gameplay.

• True 1

Guerilla Collective was disappointing, just not a lot of great things not counting the repeats.  But there were a few highlights I’ll post here too.  

I recommend people check out the Best Indie Game showcase thread where I curated a lot, which was by far the best show so far, even if very bloated.  Next Indie showcase had some interesting stuff too.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1