Comcast announces Peacock/Netflix/AppleTV+ bundle

VARIETY.COM

Comcast later this month will launch a streaming bundle with Peacock, Netflix and Apple TV+ at a deep discount, Comcast chief Brian Roberts said.

Get ready for the next cable-like streaming bundle: Comcast later this month will launch a three-way bundle — with Peacock, Netflix and Apple TV+ — offered at a deep discount, Comcast chief Brian Roberts said.

Dubbed StreamSaver, the bundle will be available to all Comcast broadband, TV and mobile customers, Roberts said, speaking Tuesday at MoffettNathanson’s 2024 Media, Internet and Communications Conference in New York.

The three streaming services, Peacock, Netflix and Apple TV+, will “come at a vastly reduced price to anything available today,” Roberts said, although he didn’t reveal any pricing. The goal is to “add value to consumers” and “take dollars out” of other people’s streaming businesses, he added, while reinforcing Comcast’s broadband service offerings.

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

After "downgrading" to the ad-supported tiers of the various subscription services that I use, I can honestly say that the cost savings is more than worth sitting through a couple of commercials.

You should start watching the free movies on plex like me and save even more money!

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

After "downgrading" to the ad-supported tiers of the various subscription services that I use, I can honestly say that the cost savings is more than worth sitting through a couple of commercials.

IIRC you lose 4k + HDR/DV with ad-supported Netflix.  

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Sure, but as I only watch TV shows on Netflix, I don't need all those fancy visual bells n' whistles for those.

Stranger Things, One Piece, and Last Airbender without HDR would be sad.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Well I guess it's a damned good thing I have no interest in any of those shows, right?!?

Pretty much any show that has native HDR without is sad :p 

*Shogun is the exception because that HDR was actual trash

56 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Pricing is out: $25/month... but it's the ad-supported Netflix and ad-supported Peacock lol

Separately you'd be paying $6 for peacock, $7 for Netflix, and $10 for Apple TV, so the "vastly reduced price" is a savings of $2. That goes up another $2 after the peacock price hike in July. Irrelevant to me since you need to be a Comcast subscriber.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

Separately you'd be paying $6 for peacock, $7 for Netflix, and $10 for Apple TV, so the "vastly reduced price" is a savings of $2. That goes up another $2 after the peacock price hike in July. Irrelevant to me since you need to be a Comcast subscriber.

Looks like if you're a Comcast broadband and/or Cable TV subscriber it's only $15/month... but, considering you get Peacock for free with a Comcast Cable TV sub, it's still only $2 in savings :p