Assassin's Creed Shadows (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Mac | 15 November 2024) - update (09/13): "World" trailer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Shadows (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Mac | 15 November 2024) - update (06/09): "First Look Gameplay" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Shadows (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Mac | 15 November 2024) - update (06/10): "Extended Gameplay Walkthrough" trailer
6 minutes ago, Best said:

It's litteraly what I said earlier. Ghost of Tsushima 2.

It doesn't even resemble an Assassin’s Creed game. 

Wasn't Ghost of Tsushima accused of being an Ass. Creed clone when it first came out? I distinctly remember people saying not only was it a Ass. Creed ripoff but that it even "borrowed" some animations from Ass. Creed. Interesting that the original series is now being accused of apeing the direvative work.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wasn't Ghost of Tsushima accused of being an Ass. Creed clone when it first came out? I distinctly remember people saying not only was it a Ass. Creed ripoff but that it even "borrowed" some animations from Ass. Creed. Interesting that the original series is now being accused of apeing the direvative work.

Lol very true. I just preferred Ghost of Tsushima to any Assassin’s Creed game. I'm completely fine that they are similar because I know Shadow's will be awesome. 

Looks quite good.

I imagine that having two main characters will be a benefit to the story, but I'm slightly concerned that it'll be a detriment to gameplay. One of the things that I enjoy about Odyssey (or MGS5) is that I can go into an area stealthily, and if I screw up or sneaking around gets tedious or I don't see a good way forward, I can always fall back on just cutting my way through to my objective. That flexibility was core to feeling like I was really choosing my own way, which is something I really value in these big, open world games.

In Shadows, it is quite cool that you can select either character for what seem to be pretty significant missions, but it also means that you're more or less locked into a style of gameplay for that mission. I think I'll miss the "get out of jail free card" that came with deciding to just slice through a stronghold once I got caught.

That isn't to say it's necessarily a net loss. Perhaps by separating the two playstyles into distinct characters they can differentiate them even more. Maybe the hack and slash will feel better not having to share design space with all the stealth capabilities and vis-versa. Maybe I don't get to change my mind halfway through a mission, but it's still one game giving me two very different gameplay options, and as long as each plays well, it's probably hard to complain too much about that.

Really glad this is coming to both ipad and mac. Was previously just announced for mac while Mirage is weirdly on ipad but not mac. I like the idea of native Shadows on my mac, ipad, phone, and my windows gaming pcs in the bedroom and living room. And just play whereverrrrr I want off the same save. Cross save gets me so hard. Phone isn’t confirmed yet but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a part of the iphone 16 announcement esp if they hit some sort of “same power as m1” mark.

Finally watched this last night.  It's really hard to judge a 100+ hour game, by such a short "gameplay" snippet.

My first impressions, are that it looks like they have carried over the previous trilogy's combat, with one major change.

They don't talk about it much, but the combat does feature the "ability diamond" [not sure what Ubi calls it] that allows you to pick your "super attacks".  In the Yasuke battle, he appears to be charging up these abilities by blocking/parrying.  Looks like it could be a fun system.

I believe the split of choice of characters is meant to address a key criticism of the previous trilogy.  For players who wanted to play stealth, there was never any penalty for failing at stealth.  Eivor/Kassandra/Bayek would just kick ass.  In fact, there was very little advantage to ever picking stealth, other than in a small set of circumstances.  Naoue looks like it will actually bring back stealth to the series.

When stealth was required, there was a group of players who always complained about it.  Yasuke allows the people who don't want to play a stealth game, to play this like previous games.

To keep both camps happy, the answer is:

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Hard disagree. It looks good, but the new outlaws video was awesome 

I think they both look awesome, but in different ways!

I've played one million hours of Ass Creed games but I genuinely cannot recall if any of the PCs have been so much taller than all the NPCs in the way that Yasuke seems to be... is he supposed to be 6'6" or something?

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

This isn't satire, is it? 

LOADS of shitty dudes with marble statue pfps and RETRVN in the bio say shit like Africa has never created beloved art or produced great works people care about and when you mention Egypt and the pyramids they either shit themselves or go, "you know what I mean, like AFRICAN Africa." So no, probably not satire.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I've played one million hours of Ass Creed games but I genuinely cannot recall if any of the PCs have been so much taller than all the NPCs in the way that Yasuke seems to be... is he supposed to be 6'6" or something?

Historical documents have Yasuke being around 6' .  Typical Japanese men would have been around 5'1" or 5'2" in the 16th century.

• True 1

32 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

LOADS of shitty dudes with marble statue pfps and RETRVN in the bio say shit like Africa has never created beloved art or produced great works people care about and when you mention Egypt and the pyramids they either shit themselves or go, "you know what I mean, like AFRICAN Africa." So no, probably not satire.

Real Africa to people is like National Geographic stuff with nude natives and plates in their lips.

Never do they think of Morocco, Egypt, or more developed countries.

Unfortunately the sad reality when I think of Africa is malicious dictators and genocide :( 

"If you want to be only one character, you can for most of the game," associate director Simon Lemay-Comtois says in an interview with GamesRadar+. "So we're not really strong-arming anyone to switch back and forth. There are setups that are definitely better with Naoe, such as, if there's a bunch of bandits in a cavern that is very, very dark, sure you can go with Yasuke, but if you go with Naoe, it'll be quicker because it's in the dark. So there are some hints like this, but other than story missions that are particularly tailor made for one or the other, we don't specify who needs to be played at this moment, it's up to the players." 

The approaches don't just boil down to stealth for Naoe and action for Yasuke, though. During my hands-off demo, I see how both characters offer up multiple approaches themselves thanks to their unique arsenal of melee and ranged. As Lemay-Comtois says, the weapons feed into making both protagonists more distinguishable, and "the size difference between our two characters ensures that there's no gear that can be shared between the two." 

Robert Redford Nod GIF

• Hype 1