Xbox Games Showcase Followed by Black Ops 6 Direct on June 9, 10AM PT

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Ok, so is DA:Veilgard formerly known as DA:Dreadwolf? 

DA: THE Veilgard

I will not let people drop the The until BioWare does.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I mean, for God's sake, how much longer will it be until the Ge4rs and Gear5 story arc is resolved?!?!

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS THE CANONICAL ENDING TO GEAR5!

the princess bride queue GIF

Yeah I do think I’d like a prequel more if they like finished the current story arc first. But more Gears sounds fun either way! 

This was definitely much much much better than Sony+SGF combined as a show.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I mean, for God's sake, how much longer will it be until the Ge4rs and Gear5 story arc is resolved?!?!

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS THE CANONICAL ENDING TO GEAR5!

Wouldn't be surprised if E-day ends in a Flashforward to the result. A real Gears fan wouldn't kill Marcus's son but it's nu-gears so who knows. A prequel makes me think JD dying will be the canon choice and that is hella lame.

Just now, Bacon said:

Wouldn't be surprised if E-day ends in a Flashforward to the result. A real Gears fan wouldn't kill Marcus's son but it's nu-gears so who knows. A prequel makes me think JD dying will be the canon choice and that is hella lame.

Is this a prequel though? Marcus and Dom looked old as hell.

Though I don't get excited for Gears anymore, I'll probably still play it.  One of my main issues with the current games is I'm not a fan of the latest characters.  A least this will have the classic characters, but younger.

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

I've played through every main Gears game, but I couldn’t tell you what the hell happened in any of them. 

I've played the first one and part of Judgement in co op. Never liked the games.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Either I forgot he died or didn't know... which game did he die in again? was it three?

Yes, he died it 3. Blew himself up to save the gang (he mostly just wanted to die tho).

I'm a pretty big old gears fan who actually read all the books and shit and I really enjoy the story and lore.

This met my expectations, and is the show Microsoft really needed for like, a decade now.  No real surprises from MS themselves considering development timelines, but the lineup finally got to a point where the studios they bought and the projects they started materialized in a substantive way.  Most things that had gameplay delivered, even though it’s sometimes hard to judge that from trailers.  I’m especially happy that Compulsion’s game and Perfect Dark got an extended look. 

And a good amount of stuff is coming this year as well.  Most of the 3rd party games they showed landed.  Flintlock is looking better and better.  What was that turn-based RPG game again?  That immediately shot up near the top of my hype list.  Even that one female led asian-inspired game stands out from … all the others recently.

The main (and pretty much only) thing I’d fault the showcase for is no family friendly stuff.  It was a lot of bleak looking games, outside of the occasional lighter and brighter thing like the new Life is Strange (which of course, is also dark in its own way).  A Banjo drop or Spyro drop could have made this showcase truly epic.  Or something new from Double Fine.  Or Everwild as a game this time.

I almost got hyped for a real Warcraft 4, but who am I kidding.  Guess we get Age of Mythology now, which eh, okay.  I get it.

Did it address the elephants in the room with the studio closures and multi-platform initiatives?  No.  Should it have?  Probably not.  We all know. 

• Halal 1

Looking back at @Mr.Vic20's list, he got one thing he needed, sort of?

THINGS HE NEEDED

Fable - Gameplay not CGI - It was gameplay looking... 🫨

Avowed - More gameplay shown and a FIRM release date - How about less gameplay and a limp release date?

Gears 6 News - Didn't happen, sorry. :(

More Info on those Sega remakes - Also didn't happen.

THINGS HE LIKE BUT WON"T GET

Panzer Dragoon Saga remake - Nope

Anything Elder Scrolls - ESO?

Gears Trillogy Remake in UE5 and released on Steam - Nope

Something, anything new that can impress! - Were you impressed by new things?

• Haha 1

Great show but as mentioned no surprises. But almost everything hit except that generic gas shooter and generic survival crafting game. Also I don’t hearing or seeing the word exclusive a single time…