Xbox Games Showcase Followed by Black Ops 6 Direct on June 9, 10AM PT

One thing they didn’t show I was hoping for since they finally showed “new” hardware is xbox elite 3 with dualsense style haptics/triggers but I suppose that dream will have to wait another day.

One nice thing with the new hardware for Sony though is that $600 price point for the 2tb XSX probably will make the $600 ps5 pro look more attractive.

11 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Yeah WTF at charging $100 for an extra tb.

Looks like a 2tb 5gbps nvme is around $120 or so so maybe the 1tb only cost them $20 and they have to buy their ssds at retail price! 

15 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I need the classic SEGA resurgence in my veins! 

The only Sega resurgence I want is a single player Phantasy Star. Maybe in the world of 2, but I’d accept a new world. 

I mean, that’s not fair, Sega has great games, but please something that isn’t Sonic! Shinobi! Shining Force!

Golden Axe?

So many great games they could tackle.

Not that I think Sonic id bad or anything, but Sega has an extremely rich history that they could pull from. 

• True 1
  • Hype 1

12 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Keighley gets booty kicked by Booty. 

Awesome show put on by Microsoft. 

Gears, and Indy both look awesome. 

Indy looks like exactly what i would want from a mid &0’s action adventure movie turned game. I personally would probably have preferred 3rd person, but that’s a personal preference, otherwise I think it looked incredible. Both Doom and Gears really nailed it, imo. Im fine with them going back, because like @Bacon I think the original trilogy is far more fun and interesting than 4&5. The newer games are fun, but I mostly don’t care about the characters like I did in the original. 

And Fable! I’m still hyped about the tone of that trailer. The few gameplay moments looked incredible. Would have been nice to see some combat, but that is easily my most anticipated game that’s been announced.  In fact I might replay Fable 2 (and continue to pretend Fable 3 doesn’t exist) after I finish with Octopath Traveler 2. 

It’s really hard to find fault with that show. I would have liked something from SE’s Eastern studios (FF9 remake or FFT) , but I wanted that at any show. Silksong I just don’t care about anymore. A studio can only keep me interested for so long. I’ll play it, but Ive lost all hype for it. 

• Halal 1

43 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The only Sega resurgence I want is a single player Phantasy Star. Maybe in the world of 2, but I’d accept a new world. 

I mean, that’s not fair, Sega has great games, but please something that isn’t Sonic! Shinobi! Shining Force!

Golden Axe?

So many great games they could tackle.

Not that I think Sonic id bad or anything, but Sega has an extremely rich history that they could pull from. 

I too have no need for Sonic. Hell, I’d take an altered beast before another sonic game.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No love for Vectorman?

Sure, If I thought that was on offer, but I doubt we'll see that character anytime soon. SEGA wants to cash in on name recognition titles and games they think will sync up with younger generations, and Verctorman, while a fantastic game, is hardly known beyond a handful of SEGA heads and core gamers. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Indy looks like exactly what i would want from a mid &0’s action adventure movie turned game. I personally would probably have preferred 3rd person, but that’s a personal preference, otherwise I think it looked incredible.

Wouldn't a 3rd person game be a Naughty Dog or Crystal Dynamics style game, rather than a MachineGames game?

7 hours ago, Brian said:

Wow. This Sonic hate is a direct attack on Stepee. 

Sonic sucks. It has never been good. Shit series from conception. Not once have they ever put out a good game. Balan Wonderworld is better than any Sonic game.

• Haha 2
  • Wrong 1

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Wouldn't a 3rd person game be a Naughty Dog or Crystal Dynamics style game, rather than a MachineGames game?

I just feel for a character like indy it makes more sense. I’ve never thought every game a studio makes should feel the same. That philosophy made BGS irrelevant to me personally. 

either way though, I am excited for this.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Sonic sucks. It has never been good. Shit series from conception. Not once have they ever put out a good game. Balan Wonderworld is better than any Sonic game.

The original sonic games are fine once you learn the rhythm of the stages.

he’s awful in 3D

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The original sonic games are fine once you learn the rhythm of the stages.

he’s awful in 3D

Sonic Frontiers is a great 3D Sonic game.