The FTC, appointed by Biden, ban all noncompete clauses for all workers, update (08/20): judge issues "permanent injunction" blocking the rule

Further update from the courts: OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The Federal Trade Commission was deemed to lack the authority to bar companies from restricting their employees’ ability to go to work for rivals.

A federal judge on Tuesday upheld a challenge to the Federal Trade Commission’s ban on noncompete agreements, blocking it from taking effect in September as scheduled.

Judge Ada Brown of U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas ruled that the antitrust agency lacked authority to issue substantive rules related to unfair methods of competition, including the noncompete rule, which would have prohibited companies from restricting their employees’ ability to work for rivals.

The push to adopt the rule is part of the Biden administration’s effort to crack down on practices that regulators argue are anticompetitive, unfairly constraining workers.

Judge Brown had temporarily blocked the ban in July. Her decision on Tuesday renders that injunction permanent, and nationwide in scope.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The FTC, appointed by Biden, ban all noncompete clauses for all workers, update (08/20): judge issues "permanent injunction" blocking the rule

The end of chevron and the deliberate court packing is an illiberal counterrevolution and this is why most policy is pointless: the levers of power must be returned to the elected branches and not the unelected aristocracy of judicial dunces

• True 1
  • Halal 3

Even before I came in here I knew it was the northern district of Texas. Fucking pathetic. land of the free, except companies are allowed to own people and control their lives after they’ve left.

I wish a painful and slow death upon any conservative even affiliated with the norther district of Texas. 

• True 1
  • Hype 1

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The end of chevron and the deliberate court packing is an illiberal counterrevolution and this is why most policy is pointless: the levers of power must be returned to the elected branches and not the unelected aristocracy of judicial dunces

but muh norms

• Sicko Sherman 1

24 minutes ago, legend said:

It's wild to me that Republicans have become the "put your boot on my face" party while still somehow deluding themselves that they're the party for freedom.

Freedom to them is guns and not letting “freaks” live open lives. 

• True 4