Kingdom Come: Deliverance II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 11 February 2025) - update (08/21): hands-on previews

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom Come: Deliverance II | Coming to Xbox Series, PS5, and PC in 2024

I've tried to get into the first game a few times but it always ends when I get to a chest and I can't for the life of me lockpick anything, so hopefully they make it less shitty this time. 

Is Era already crying about the lack of black people?

Yea, I really hope this is much more user friendly and not as complicated as the first. I appreciated what they were aiming for but ultimately games are meant to be fun and not to be as complicated as real life. 

40 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I've tried to get into the first game a few times but it always ends when I get to a chest and I can't for the life of me lockpick anything, so hopefully they make it less shitty this time. 

Is Era already crying about the lack of black people?

It’s long moved past even criticizing the director (who tbf does seem like a trash person) and is more about attacking other users for talking about the game itself 

• Sicko Sherman 1

Come to think of it, this game is basically first person Dragons Dogma, with a slightly less shitty save system and no fantasy monsters. Hopefully it's less hardcore this time, but I somehow doubt it. 

I bought the first game back when it came out and quite enjoyed it, but it had a lot of bugs at that time and a gamebreaking one unfortunately ended my progress so I got rid of it. The Royal Edition that includes all of the DLC is currently on sale for $4, so I bought it. I’m looking forward to playing this sequel when I get a PS5.

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I really hope this is much more user friendly and not as complicated as the first. I appreciated what they were aiming for but ultimately games are meant to be fun and not to be as complicated as real life. 

I wouldn't count on it. According to the video this sounds like a Dragon's Dogma to Dragon's Dogma 2 situation where he says, "This is the game we wanted to make the first time around" the first time was 11 people now the studio is 250 people. Then goes into the in depth mechanics of the game like how people will judge you by your actions and you can build a reputation and get yourself in trouble and at the same time you can play any way you want (combat, theif, sexy man) which is a red flag for people who don't like to think for themselves but want to do what they're told.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I wouldn't count on it. According to the video this sounds like a Dragon's Dogma to Dragon's Dogma 2 situation where he says, "This is the game we wanted to make the first time around" the first time was 11 people now the studio is 250 people. Then goes into the in depth mechanics of the game like how people will judge you by your actions and you can build a reputation and get yourself in trouble and at the same time you can play any way you want (combat, theif, sexy man) which is a red flag for people who don't like to think for themselves but want to do what they're told.

I see. Well I'll wait and see when reviews and user impressions arrive. No big deal. 

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is one of those games that sounds great to me on paper, but I will probably fall off of pretty quick if it feels like every small decision or action is being graded or judged. I like to fart around and do stupid shit. I don't want to be punished for having fun.

While it's not morally congruent when I play Skyrim or Fallout or Starfield, I usually play as a good guy helping everyone out, but I also steal everything not bolted down. Saving the worlds got expenses, and daddy needs some new shoes (well gear). Can't be slaying dragons or super mutants with starter weapons. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Warhorse Studios has revealed a delay to Kingdom Come Deliverance 2, which will now arrive on 11th February 2025. "We a…

Warhorse Studios has revealed a delay to Kingdom Come Deliverance 2, which will now arrive on 11th February 2025.

"We aimed for the end of the year and almost made it - almost is not good enough though, so we slipped to 2025," Warhorse's Tobias Stolz-Zwilling said in a video posted to X.

The next week will still be a busy one for the game, though, as it pops up during Gamescom's Opening Night Live show next Tuesday, 20th August, and is then showcased in a 20-minute gameplay reveal video set to go live online the following day.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom Come: Deliverance II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 11 February 2025) - update (08/15): release delayed to February 11, 20 minute gameplay reveal video on August 21

That's great, now this, Avowed and probably Monster Hunter are all coming out in February. I'm so glad that every company thinks that time of year is more open than the end of the year and then suddenly it's a super crowded month.

Oh well, I guess I'll spend the rest of the year playing what came out the first few months of this year and then do the same thing next year.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom Come: Deliverance II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 11 February 2025) - update (08/20): "Gameplay Teaser" trailer

Hands-on previews:

WWW.VIDEOGAMER.COM

This is our hands-on preview for Kingdom Come Deliverance 2, the latest venture by Warhorse Studios.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 is many things. There are several fantastic ideas present here thanks to the game’s emphasis on realism. After spending several hours with the sequel inside an old gallery in the Czech town of Kuttenberg – where, as we were told repeatedly, a chunk of the game is set and recreated – my feelings towards KCD2 are fairly mixed. There is a heavy emphasis on realism and historical accuracy that, while fantastic at first, eventually hits diminishing returns.

During my brief time with the game, a lot of what I experienced was front-loaded dialogue from some truly loathsome characters. The intro follows the journey of Henry, the Bristolian dullard – our protagonist of the first game – as he accompanies his lord, Hans Capon, on a quest to deliver a letter. Things go wrong, Hans and Henry are nearly killed, and they have no way to identify themselves to the lord of the land and are mistaken to be beggars. When much of the opening sequence is two grown men hiding in the reeds to spy on some women washing their clothes, I can’t help but question the maturity of the devs and how the entire setup could have been executed better.

WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

The Kuttenberg and thrust of combat.

There’s plenty more aspects to the game, all building upon the original, such as the public perception of Henry which shifts depending on your actions – so if you’re a thief, you’ll be branded as such and treated as one – or the in-depth alchemy system that has you physically mixing healing remedies. Oh, and of course there’s a fun game to sink your time into, though in this case it’s a historically accurate game of dice. It’s actually surprisingly addictive – well, I had to keep playing if I wanted my dog to have a sausage for dinner! – as you roll a bunch of dice and try to find pairs and runs with which you can score points and then keep rolling, but you importantly need to know when to quit, otherwise you’ll end up with no points for a round.

Put it all together and Kingdom Come: Deliverance II is shaping up to be a real showcase for how much Warhorse Studios has grown, evolving their take on the historical setting and their approach to role playing games in general.

WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

We speak with Warhorse's Tobi to get the inside liook at how Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 is improg and growing upon the original.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 is all set to immerse players in the medieval machinations of warring kings and lords all over again, when it comes out on 11th February 2025.

We’ve played a few hours of the game, experiencing its opening narrative twists, as well as leaping ahead to the big city of Kuttenberg and the broader historical RPG action – you can read all about that here – but we also got to sit down with Warhorse figurehead and PR Manager Tobias Stolz-Zwilling to talk about a game that’s been a whole console generation in the making.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, like its predecessor, enjoys a laugh. It is categorically not a comedy, but it has many of the qualities of one—specifically, those of the bawdier variety. There's a strong 'lads getting into scrapes' vibe, so this RPG about a war-torn nation also has a strange amount in common with the likes of The Hangover and Revenge of the Nerds. It's a peculiar juxtaposition that is extremely entertaining when it works, and extremely awkward when it doesn't. 

This is particularly evident during the first half of the demo, where Henry and Hans are on a road trip that goes awry. Tasked with the delivery of a message to a noble who has sided with Sigismund, the pair act more like they're on holiday—sauntering through the absolutely stunning Bohemian countryside—than on an important business trip. They joke and wind each other up, full of good-natured camaraderie, but they're also a bit pervy. 

While camping with their retinue, there's a discussion that serves as a subtle character creation system. We're sharing stories, which let me define my version of Henry, sans menus and point allocations. The conversation is a touch awkward in terms of its writing, but I appreciate the attempt to establish that this is a character who is already fully-formed. Then the conversation turns to Henry's wife, where I get the option to tell all the lads what she's like in bed. It's grim, though thankfully Hans cuts him off before the conversation gets too 'lads lads lads'. You can opt to be more coy here, it's worth noting, but it's a jarring moment, especially since Henry is a pretty sweet fella for the most part. 

WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Warhorse Studios could be onto a winner with its charming RPG sequel.

Whenever you hover over an item in Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, an adorable icon that looks like parchment paper unfurls, displaying the name, weight, and purpose of the thing you’ll soon be adding to your inventory. It’s a cute touch, and this otherwise harrowing action RPG is full of them. Warhorse Studios has created a larger, more ambitious sequel it hopes will respect history while also using it as a playground for all manner of hijinks.

Last month I visited Prague to play several hours of the game at a fanciful building in Kuttenberg, a humble city which has been completely recreated as it was in the Middle Ages for the sequel in an exhaustive amount of detail. It was fascinating to walk the streets of the city myself as I saw local people, shops, and government buildings before going back in time with the game as I then kicked chickens, robbed random houses, and generally caused a massive ruckus.

WWW.VG247.COM

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 preview, Warhorse Studios' upcoming medieval RPG looks to be an absolute banger.

In Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 two guys - Henry and Hans - pull up to a Bohemian castle with an urgent message. They're dressed like serfs, and are treated appropriately as two guards pour a bucket of excrement over the front gates and onto the duo. The two smelly lads retreat back into town, try to buy food but are too poor and smelly to do so. After washing off in a nearby water trough and slowly carrying bags of flour, the pair are beaten by soldiers and put in the stocks. The adventure seems to be going well.

That was just a small snippet of Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 - an RPG as dedicatd to the authentic medieval experience as Doom is to gory first-person shooting. It's a game almost entirely devoted to bringing 15th century Europe to life, pulled back only for the sake of the player's entertainment and patience. Through this balance the developers are Warhorse Studios have built itself a solitary home in the wider RPG landscape right now. A lone tower that provides a blend of old world charm and new world convenience that frankly proved tantalizing.

WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Kingdom Come: Deliverance remains a unique proposition in modern AAA game development.

While medieval RPGs aren’t new, the sensibility behind the development of the game set it apart from modern Western RPGs. Now, after three hours with the sequel, Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, while the game is slightly more in line with modern standards, the unique quirks and love-it-or-hate-it combat system are back.

This makes for a sequel that will likely thrill fans who have waited half a decade for the follow-up, and more than likely draw in new fans put off my the original game’s… eccentricities.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom Come: Deliverance II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 11 February 2025) - update (08/21): hands-on previews
3 minutes ago, Best said:

It's a very detailed game to the point I lost interest. 

Yeah I've played it before and get a little into it but all the clunky systems make me give up on it. Specifically the lockpicking which I just cannot do, and I'm a dirty thief every time I play an open world RPG. I'm going to have to learn to be a little more noble. 

• Halal 1