Unfrosted | Jerry Seinfeld's Directorial Debut Film About Cereal | Coming to Netflix May 3

2 hours ago, ort said:

Jerry Seinfeld, known for radiating pure unfiltered masculinity...

DEADLINE.COM

Jerry Seinfeld got nostalgic in a recent interview and says he misses "dominant masculinity."

It is interesting how much older white cis men like him are super into really manly men to the point they seemed pained by not having enough of them around. I get wanting to seem masculine yourself or if you like that kind of person maybe that is how your friend base is but why do you need to see it in everyone around you constantly? I’m never sitting around thinking hm you know what this night is missing is just a lot more manliness.

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 6:31 PM, ort said:

“I think that is why people lean on the horn and drive in the crazy way that they drive because we have no sense of hierarchy,” he added. “And as humans, we don’t really feel comfortable like that.”

Is he blaming feminism and minorities for traffic? 😂

On 5/29/2024 at 9:25 PM, stepee said:

I’m never sitting around thinking hm you know what this night is missing is just a lot more manliness.

You don't sit around with your bros, watching the game and say to each other, "you know what we're missing here is some real hung strong barrel chested men to tell us what to do right now??? But not in a gay way."

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

You don't sit around with your bros, watching the game and say to each other, "you know what we're missing here is some real hung strong barrel chested men to tell us what to do right now??? But not in a gay way."

When you're sitting in a room with a bear that has a 10 foot schlong that's not something that needs to be discussed.

• 2 weeks later...

JLD is our queen.

EDIT - fun fact... JLD is 63, which is how old Bea Arthur and Betty White were the year that The Golden Girls started airing. IIRC they were older than the characters they were playing too; I don't believe they ever explicitly said their ages. But I'm pretty sure Dorothy and Rose were supposed to be in their mid 50's in season 1. Fucking absolutely wild to see how the expectations for female aging have changed in 35 years or so.

• True 2

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

JLD is our queen.

EDIT - fun fact... JLD is 63, which is how old Bea Arthur and Betty White were the year that The Golden Girls started airing. IIRC they were older than the characters they were playing too; I don't believe they ever explicitly said their ages. But I'm pretty sure Dorothy and Rose were supposed to be in their mid 50's in season 1. Fucking absolutely wild to see how the expectations for female aging have changed in 35 years or so.

Another fun one is that Aunt May used to get drawn as absolutely decrepit when she was only supposed to be 60.

• Hugs 1

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Another fun one is that Aunt May used to get drawn as absolutely decrepit when she was only supposed to be 60.

Aunt May looking like she’s on a first name basis with the grim reaper was always hilarious to me. 

I don't understand some people couldn't tell this movie was gonna be complete shit. The only thing it had going for it was all the great comedians in it but the setups and writing were so terrible no one could save that shit.

Reminded me of movies like Jack & Jill

• 4 months later...
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Jerry Seinfeld is taking back his controversial claim that the "extreme left" has damaged the art of comedy, saying he now feels this is "not true."

Speaking on the "Breaking Bread" podcast, Seinfeld also clarified another headline-making comment he made during his "Unfrosted" press tour that he misses "dominant masculinity." He said this was "probably not the greatest phrase" to use and that he meant to say he misses "big personalities."

Taking it all back now!