Summer Game Fest 2024 Scheduled for June 7 at 2PM PT

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Well they did it, my expectations are lying on the floor. My 11 year old son begged me to leave and not finish up the show. I said, “buddy, save yourself”.

I guess it doesn't appeal to you but Terry in Street Fighter is a :megaton: alone.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

hey I'm willing to give the game a second chance due to the DLC. I'm even going to download Control and play the dlc's for that. Pretty sure I never played those.

Control was a completely different style of game. Once it got going, I thought the combat was a ton of fun. 

• True 1

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Control was a completely different style of game. Once it got going, I thought the combat was a ton of fun. 

Yeah i know... I played and beat it and it was my GOTY that year. Future DLC'S of Alan Wake 2 are rumored to bring these two series even closer together.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah i know... I played and beat it and it was my GOTY that year. Future DLC'S of Alan Wake 2 are rumored to bring these two series even closer together.

Jesse Fadden was shown as one of the playable characters in the trailer. 

Power Rangers was good.  Horizon Lego looked as good as its concept could suggest.  That space shooter from the Among Us publishing label looked cool.  Street Fighter x KoF crossover DLC, and slick looking Fatal Fury.  Deer & Boy had my heart melt.  Alan Wake II DLC sure to make people happy, especially with the release date.  Phantom Blade 0 managed to come closer to expectations set in the reveal trailer than I anticipated, and we'll get demo impressions soon.  Like you know, E3's before they sucked.

But not a lot of big headlines here or surprises.  Fighting game fans ate well, but even then, Riot showing so much of Valorant and no mention of 2XKO felt like a slight to it.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This trailer makes me laugh every single damned time I watch it! :rofl:

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Escape prison with your friends by equipping tools, evading guards, and executing your breakout plan. Destructible environments, proximity chat, a multitude of escape routes, and 20 player lobbies!

Max was exactly right when he said this is a streamer game.

I have no friends to play this with so it will be fun to watch someone play this with friends. :p

I gotta hand it to Geoff though, it does seem like he listens to feedback. I remember the whole kerfuffle over no women on stage and then the not addressing the layoffs. Well despite what the haters like @Mr.Vic20 think he did address the layoffs, and almost themed the whole show around "the little guy" or the little guy with deep pockets.

And also like he said a lot of the show was showing stuff that we had seen before so it's not my fault you've never heard of The Last Descendant until today. @Nokra has and read the Game Informer article front to back and can tell you why it will be good. Like, why can't it be good? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

He themed the show around the little guy because he had no choice. The AAA industry is on fire right now and he had nothing from them to show. The absent of the big guys allowed him freedom to mention the layoffs. The dude ain’t gonna do anything to upset his gravy train 

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I decided to re-watch the show and quite honestly, it's a helluva lot better when divorced from any expectations.

Wow, thank you for listening to me!

Also, expectations couldn't be any lower after that State of Play. :p

• Sicko Sherman 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I decided to re-watch the show and quite honestly, it's a helluva lot better when divorced from any expectations.

Which is extremely bad news for a show based entirely around hype!

Also, addressing the layoffs and then basically saying "But don't worry, these people still have jobs!" was very funny.