Summer Game Fest 2024 Scheduled for June 7 at 2PM PT

• 2 months later...

There's also a Q&A with Geoff summarized on Resetera:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cliff-notes-of-geoff-keighleys-twitch-q-a-lots-of-what-wont-be-at-the-show.887817/?post=123844770#post-123844770

Basically says expect more updates on existing games, and highlighting stuff that's out there that you might not know about.  No one more thing moment, lots of devs talking, etc.

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Jameson?

Don't know yet. Jameson's okay. If I'm doing a mixed drink I like Bird Dog caramel whiskey and diet dr. pepper.... but that caramel whiskey tastes like ass when drinking it straight. And I don't really drink soda anymore, so mixed drinks are few and far between. So I might go with a smoother bourbon this time around. Just depends on how much I want to spend on it.

I had an old fashioned the other day with buffalo trace, that was the first time I had that one. It was okay too. My favorite smooth whiskey is a brand of Wild turkey (not their 101) that is really good but I always forget the name of it.

11 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Don't know yet. Jameson's okay. If I'm doing a mixed drink I like Bird Dog caramel whiskey and diet dr. pepper.... but that caramel whiskey tastes like ass when drinking it straight. And I don't really drink soda anymore, so mixed drinks are few and far between. So I might go with a smoother bourbon this time around. Just depends on how much I want to spend on it.

I had an old fashioned the other day with buffalo trace, that was the first time I had that one. It was okay too. My favorite smooth whiskey is a brand of Wild turkey (not their 101) that is really good but I always forget the name of it.

Have you tried the 18-Year Jameson? It’s pretty smooth on its own.

41 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Have you tried the 18-Year Jameson? It’s pretty smooth on its own.

Not yet. But I have a ceiling on how much I'm willing to pay for alcohol. It depends on how much it cost. Its why I usually end up with the trash whiskey that can double as antiseptic and/or charcoal starter.

19 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Not yet. But I have a ceiling on how much I'm willing to pay for alcohol. It depends on how much it cost. Its why I usually end up with the trash whiskey that can double as antiseptic and/or charcoal starter.

It's not cheap. Like $160-200/bottle iirc :p 

I used to drink 1.75l of Evan Williams whiskey in a two day period. With that I would drink 20 beers in that time period.

I was out of control and would do this every weekend. Yea...

3 minutes ago, Best said:

I used to drink 1.75l of Evan Williams whiskey in a two day period. With that I would drink 20 beers in that time period.

I was out of control and would do this every weekend. Yea...

That's a lot.

My brother's best buddy was 6'1" and a beanpole in high school, did well with the ladies; went away to University.

Didn't see him for like 3 years.  Next time I saw him, he was close to 300 pounds and bald.  Dude used to go to parties with 24 beers, and drink them all -- and do it every Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  Unreal.

39 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You don't need to spend $200 a bottle to get a drinkable Whiskey.

You can buy the cheap stuff for mixing, but if you want to drink it straight, lots of reasonable 12-year old stuff that's not overly expensive.

I never said you needed to spend $200 for a drinkable bottle of Whiskey :p 

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That's a lot.

My brother's best buddy was 6'1" and a beanpole in high school, did well with the ladies; went away to University.

Didn't see him for like 3 years.  Next time I saw him, he was close to 300 pounds and bald.  Dude used to go to parties with 24 beers, and drink them all -- and do it every Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  Unreal.

Yea amazingly I didn't gain weight when I was in that routine. I wouldn't eat anything. I'd black out Friday night, Saturday night, then after all the whiskey and beer were gone I'd drink wine all day Sunday.

Then be completely hungover Monday-Thursday. 

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

I do a 100% dry week every few months. Guess what this week is?

And when you do a dry week do you feel better overall or just crave alcohol more?