EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW! (Reviews From OpenCritic Posted / 88 Metascore)

Keyser_Soze

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I generally run formations with man coverage and blitzes. If the linebacker blitzes I control them, or if there is a spy I control the spy (sometimes)

Then when I get ahead then I just run dime formations because I know they're going to pass a lot.

This game has the road to glory mode, if you make a defensive player for that mode it could be good practice for defense.

Very informative 👏 

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m always the free safety on first and second downs. Keep everything in front of me and let my 10 teammates do the  grunt work.  On third down if it’s an obvious passing down I’ll use the left or right defensive end depending on what side the running back is on. I’ll go opposite of the RB side because usually he is going to help pick up pressure or blitz’s. 

I see. This is good advice too. 

Also if you have a crazy good Defensive lineman you could control him, because he would bust through the line easily. Basically I like to force the QB to throw faster than he usually does by breaking through the line. The CPU usually makes miracle throws though. :p

I was driving yesterday and two guys on the radio were talking about this coming out. The one guy and people in his friend circle are buying PS5’s just for this game. It’s been a while since I remember a game really being a system seller.

• True 1

15 minutes ago, Best said:

Did you use up the 10 hours for the trial?

No. I’ve got 2 left. No worries though it unlocks at midnight. Might start over anyhow instead of carrying it over. Now that I have a better understanding how recruiting works. 

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The only review out right now, perfect score!

WWW.POCKET-LINT.COM

Combining the tradition of college football with a host of new features that have hit the sport, College Football 25 is everything fans hoped.

It’s not perfect but it is the best sports I’ve played. I’d give it a 9.5. I adore it. 

• Hype 1

The game is far from perfect. I actually think it has a lot of problems. But all it needed to do was be competent, and they did it. I’d says it’s like a 7.5-8 game, which is great! It’s all I wanted. And I think they can make it better. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

The game is far from perfect. I actually think it has a lot of problems. But all it needed to do was be competent, and they did it. I’d says it’s like a 7.5-8 game, which is great! It’s all I wanted. And I think they can make it better. 

How does it compare to Madden?

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

A lot? If you think this has a lot of problems just wait for Star Wars Outlaws lol

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

A lot? If you think this has a lot of problems just wait for Star Wars Outlaws lol

Yeah like a lot of little things. It seems a bit rushed. For example, I put the camera in wide view last night and when you do that the audible stuff doesn’t show on screen. Or the aforementioned simulated games giving crazy results, or like you can see a lot of the typical silly madden glitches that show up - a guy was out for his career for a strained back. I’ve heard recruiting can get quite wonky and messed up late in season. 

I think it’s a good game, but I think it’s been so long that some of these reviews are so happy to have a good game they’re overlooking some stuff. At the same time like I found IGN’s review to be overly nit picky. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah like a lot of little things. It seems a bit rushed. For example, I put the camera in wide view last night and when you do that the audible stuff doesn’t show on screen. Or the aforementioned simulated games giving crazy results, or like you can see a lot of the typical silly madden glitches that show up - a guy was out for his career for a strained back. I’ve heard recruiting can get quite wonky and messed up late in season. 

I think it’s a good game, but I think it’s been so long that some of these reviews are so happy to have a good game they’re overlooking some stuff. At the same time like I found IGN’s review to be overly nit picky. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Dr. Paperclyp strikes again. Strain your back and you can't play, especially if you can't recover from it. Seems entirely realistic!

This ^

Ever heard of a guy named Larry Bird who had to stop playing because of his back?  Come on DOCTOR

• True 1

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

This ^

Ever heard of a guy named Larry Bird who had to stop playing because of his back?  Come DOCTOR

Since Paperclyp ignored my question, what do you think?

3 hours ago, Best said:

How does it compare to Madden?

5 minutes ago, Best said:

Since Paperclyp ignored my question, what do you think?

It’s by far tons better than last years Madden 24 franchise mode. That being said, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Madden 25 being much improved this year. The success of NCAA has me extremely hopeful it will be awesome. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s by far tons better than last years Madden 24 franchise mode. That being said, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Madden 25 being much improved this year. The success of NCAA has me extremely hopeful it will be awesome. 

Thanks. I still haven't seen reviews for this at OC. 

spacer.pngI love recruiting in this game! It’s fun to just sink time into it and try to get the players you really want to improve your team. Just got my first verbal commitment. A 6”2.  302 pound right guard. Dude is gonna be a beast. Let’s goooo. 

• Hype 2

12 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

At the same time like I found IGN’s review to be overly nit picky. 

I just read that review if you can call it that. What a weird guy.

He doesn't like that there are no tutorials, or that there ARE tutorials but they are in CUT. Then complains about the skill challenges to get the best score you have to be perfect (well duh) and he hasn't played Dynasty mode and says the game is bare bones. :silly:

Reviews are slowly trickling in, looking good so far

Xbox: with an 83 average of 5 reivews

WWW.METACRITIC.COM

In EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 experience explosive gameplay variety across 134 FBS schools and immerse yourself in the iconic atmospheres of college football as you chase college greatness.

Not enough PS5 reviews in but 100, 90, 80

https://www.metacritic.com/game/ea-sports-college-football-25/critic-reviews/?platform=playstation-5

Polygon with a much better review than what IGN had lol

WWW.POLYGON.COM

By college football fans, for college football fans

• Hype 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW!
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Reviews are slowly trickling in, looking good so far

Xbox: with an 83 average of 5 reivews

WWW.METACRITIC.COM

In EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 experience explosive gameplay variety across 134 FBS schools and immerse yourself in the iconic atmospheres of college football as you chase college greatness.

Not enough PS5 reviews in but 100, 90, 80

https://www.metacritic.com/game/ea-sports-college-football-25/critic-reviews/?platform=playstation-5

Polygon with a much better review than what IGN had lol

WWW.POLYGON.COM

By college football fans, for college football fans

You didn't buy this have you?

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I did not because I was waiting to take you up on your offer when the reviews hit. :p

(Although I feel kinda bad now since your brother is having health issues. :( )

Oh, no, I'm absolutely sticking with my offer. I'm just surprised there aren't more reviews. In fact I'll buy it for you now so you can play today and into the weekend. 

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

I'm not understanding the scores so far. The reviews are praising it yet it gets an 8/10. That certainly isn't bad by any means but the scores and reviews aren't lining up imo.