EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW! (Reviews From OpenCritic Posted / 88 Metascore)

Keyser_Soze

13 minutes ago, Best said:

Now I'm confused. So when does the EA 10 hour trial begin? If it's 4pm est that would be awesome. 

Are both of these teams considered good overall? 

Garbage 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Best said:

Are both of these teams considered good overall? 

No. I only mention them because they run the triple option which is basically like 98% run plays. Worth checking out to see something totally different from the pro game.

In terms of Dynasty though, it is fun to build up a bad team. Imagine if Air Force had 5 star recruits? The game would be crazy.

On the subject of teams being "good" are you worried you won't be able to win in this game? Because I'm sure there will be  difficulty levels and sliders like in all the previous games and  like they have in madden to make the game a cake walk.

Personally I like a good challenge. I usually run with those Operation Sports sliders so games play out somewhat realistically, you might lose a game but you can have some nailbiters and cool momentum upsets as well. Back in the day the game would give you a rank in the game on the ESPN all time classic moments, which was fun, usually when a game came down to a last minute score. :p

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No. I only mention them because they run the triple option which is basically like 98% run plays. Worth checking out to see something totally different from the pro game.

In terms of Dynasty though, it is fun to build up a bad team. Imagine if Air Force had 5 star recruits? The game would be crazy.

On the subject of teams being "good" are you worried you won't be able to win in this game? Because I'm sure there will be  difficulty levels and sliders like in all the previous games and  like they have in madden to make the game a cake walk.

Personally I like a good challenge. I usually run with those Operation Sports sliders so games play out somewhat realistically, you might lose a game but you can have some nailbiters and cool momentum upsets as well. Back in the day the game would give you a rank in the game on the ESPN all time classic moments, which was fun, usually when a game came down to a last minute score. :p

Ok this covered everything I had questions about. I'll be Penn State and adjust the difficulty to where I feel like I have a fighting chance to win. 

I'm such a noob to football games. But NBA 2K I'm really good at and usually play on the difficulty above pro. 

3 minutes ago, Best said:

Pre-order the Deluxe Edition* or the EA SPORTS™ MVP Bundle** and play 3 days early.

So I have to buy the mvp bundle?

I’d wait. It might pop up on EA Play. 

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

This fucking game is crazy good 

Yea it's really good for what I played. I just got finished playing an exhibition game. I was Penn State and I played against Ohio State.

I played on the freshman difficulty and was up 41-0 at halftime. I mean I completely dominated. I was passing, running, and I even returned a kick off for a touchdown.

Obviously freshman difficulty is a complete joke but it was fun to me.

What I appreciated was the crowd reaction when scoring. It was really realistic and the entire game looks beautiful. Next gen only shines here. 

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

The Dynasty Mode is super deep. I haven't started a dynasty yet. Played 2 exhibition games. The gameplay is so fucking good. 

I'll try out dynasty tomorrow. It's difficult for someone like me to have opinions on the gameplay. For one, I played on the freshman difficulty (a 3 year old can succeed on that difficulty), and two, I'm not familiar with how recent football games play.

Everything was smooth and controlled very well. But you are the one who can critique this game since you're a veteran in football games. If you're saying it's great, then it must be great. 

NCAA was always different than Madden despite both being football games. A fair amount of people dislike Madden but still enjoy NCAA. I have no idea what the differences are, but many were upset when they "had to move" to Madden.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

NCAA was always different than Madden despite both being football games. A fair amount of people dislike Madden but still enjoy NCAA. I have no idea what the differences are, but many were upset when they "had to move" to Madden.

Yea I'm not certain if this was built from the ground up for PS5 and XSX or was made with the Madden engine. 

1 hour ago, nublood said:

How is this any different than the previous EA football games? In the past, all these games have just been re-skins with slightly updated graphics. Fool me once…

You have EA Play? Try it. Hard to explain it but it is a huge deep sim if you are going to take a team and build a Dynasty.