EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW! (Reviews From OpenCritic Posted / 88 Metascore)

Keyser_Soze

43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Strong words for dudes who enjoy Ubisoft games. 

Hey, I'm hoping it turns out great! Also, Ubisoft games are not my favorite by any means.

The old ncaa games ran on the previous year’s madden engine iirc. They tweaked the playbook enough and had an outsized focus on the option and eventually read option (which ironically became a big part of the pro game). 

This game has been built from the ground up for the college game. I think it will feel quite distinct and seems like it’s gonna be a quality game. 

• Hype 1

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

The old ncaa games ran on the previous year’s madden engine iirc. They tweaked the playbook enough and had an outsized focus on the option and eventually read option (which ironically became a big part of the pro game). 

This game has been built from the ground up for the college game. I think it will feel quite distinct and seems like it’s gonna be a quality game. 

I think the video they released that Biggie posted is quite good at showing this actually. They actually explain and show how all the things are different.

• True 1

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think the video they released that Biggie posted is quite good at showing this actually. They actually explain and show how all the things are different.

It’s gonna be fun as hell. Are you getting it? If so, are you also starting with Florida State like me?

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They do that EXACT thing with Madden every year! Listen, I hope it's a good football game but I'm trying to warn you about EA. 

11 minutes ago, Best said:

They do that EXACT thing with Madden every year! Listen, I hope it's a good football game but I'm trying to warn you about EA. 

Are you really buying me Madden or are you just trying to hurt me?

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I can make you a deal. If it scores in the 70's and you still want it...I'll buy you a copy. 

30 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s gonna be fun as hell. Are you getting it? If so, are you also starting with Florida State like me?

I'm slowly getting sold over. I might have to cave. I invest so much time in these games. I go hard in the recruiting, make lists of my team needs and then recruit from there. Last one I bought was, basically the last one they made with RGIII on the cover, but it was cheap at the time. 

Flo Rida State, probably not. Like I said I like to go with lower prestige teams and build them up, or sometimes I just pick SDSU (because they fit that description anyway. :p )

Do we know if Road to the Heisman is in this? Sometimes I put a lot of time into that too. I don't think it's in this year's version, maybe I'm wrong. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm slowly getting sold over. I might have to cave. I invest so much time in these games. I go hard in the recruiting, make lists of my team needs and then recruit from there. Last one I bought was, basically the last one they made with RGIII on the cover, but it was cheap at the time. 

Flo Rida State, probably not. Like I said I like to go with lower prestige teams and build them up, or sometimes I just pick SDSU (because they fit that description anyway. :p )

Do we know if Road to the Heisman is in this? Sometimes I put a lot of time into that too. I don't think it's in this year's version, maybe I'm wrong. 🤔

What about my deal? Then you'd have nothing to lose. 

35 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sure I'll take it. I think there is a high likelihood this scores very high.

Ok I'll hook you up if it is 79 or lower on open critic and you still want it. 

• Thanks 1

They were talking about this on the bombcast and it was a thought I had as well but this game could very well sell consoles. People want this game and it's next gen only. Folks are going to get a PS5 Xboxsex just to play the college football game.

• True 1

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They were talking about this on the bombcast and it was a thought I had as well but this game could very well sell consoles. People want this game and it's next gen only. Folks are going to get a PS5 Xboxsex just to play the college football game.

Two Sports talk radio guys here in Atlanta both went and bought PS5’s just to play this

• Hype 1

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I personally know three people who bought PS5s for this game. 

I think a big part of it is the time the game has been gone, but I do think EA squanders an opportunity every year by making Madden mediocre. The people want football, they’ll get hyped for the smallest bit of news. Wtf are you doing. 

20 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I personally know three people who bought PS5s for this game. 

I think a big part of it is the time the game has been gone, but I do think EA squanders an opportunity every year by making Madden mediocre. The people want football, they’ll get hyped for the smallest bit of news. Wtf are you doing. 

I am super excited to play this

• Hype 1

I remember going to Gamestop back in the day to get the game for the PS2. It was the 2003 game the one with Joey Harrington on the cover.

Anyway, since they give you open copies of the games and store the discs behind the counter (shitty) I went home and they forgot to put the disc in the case. That was when I decided to never shop at that POS place again.

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I remember going to Gamestop back in the day to get the game for the PS2. It was the 2003 game the one with Joey Harrington on the cover.

Anyway, since they give you open copies of the games and store the discs behind the counter (shitty) I went home and they forgot to put the disc in the case. That was when I decided to never shop at that POS place again.

Did you go back and get a disc?

55 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes, and THEN I never came back. :p

The thing is they did a similar thing with Madden before that, I believe they put the wrong disc in the case.

Target was always my go-to those days for games. The dedicated gaming stores made me uncomfortable for some reason. I remember calling like day of release for some games cuz they would literally sell through their stock and then you’d have to wait another week or two to get a game. 

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Target was always my go-to those days for games. The dedicated gaming stores made me uncomfortable for some reason. I remember calling like day of release for some games cuz they would literally sell through their stock and then you’d have to wait another week or two to get a game. 

Around this time Best Buy became a thing and they sold the game for like 10 bucks cheaper. For some reason Gamestop sold every game for like 5 to 10 dollars more.

Plus you could price match at Best Buy.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Around this time Best Buy became a thing and they sold the game for like 10 bucks cheaper. For some reason Gamestop sold every game for like 5 to 10 dollars more.

Plus you could price match at Best Buy.

Closest Best Buy to me at the time was probably 2.5 hours away. Curse you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

So are they saying good things about it? I never watched a stream so I don't know what goes on. 

It’s gonna be kick ass. You don’t watch Twitch? It’s all I watch because I don’t have any television.  Just internet and games.