EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW! (Reviews From OpenCritic Posted / 88 Metascore)

Keyser_Soze

So those "gimmie" games, not actually all that easy. Basically my defense can't stop a snail. I was playing Kennesaw State and they are one of the worst teams. I was up 21 - 0 with a few minutes left in the second quarter. I had a ton of sacks (I ended with 7), they had few passing yards and negative rushing yards. But they decide to score 10 unanswered just by making some ridiculous passes. But, going into the half with an 11 point lead I think that's fine they'll settle down. They come back out and score 15 unanswered points and now have the lead. I'm think there is some bullshittery afoot here. So we go back and forth in the 4th quarter and i manage to tie the game and go to overtime. They literally cannot stop my runningback that has nearly 250 yards and 4 TDs. Somehow, though the power of jeebus I manage to hold them to 3 points in overtime. So I basically ran the ball and scored to win the game 41 - 28. But it shouldn't even come down to that. Some clown ass defense was happening. Very annoying.

On the plus side I got a few more people to commit. I got a 3 star HB, John Ezeala (who's a hidden gem), another 3 star gem TE, and a FS Devonte Biggums (also a 3 star gem). So Biggie and Best on the same team somehow, I didn't even plan it. 🤔

One more game left before the conference championship and then a bowl game, after that I hope to see some improvement next year.

• Hype 1

I decided to look into this on the last two games of the season. The first game was a mid game adjustment, the second was an actual roster move. But looking into the 3-3-5 defense we run the formation actually starts two strong safeties. It just so happens that my backup FS is better than the second SS so I made a change to put the FS into the second SS spot (so he's basically the deep man now) and the results were great, I also fired the defensive coordinator so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

The game was between FIU (Me) and Liberty. Now I had already beaten them earlier in the season, at the time they were undefeated, 21 - 14. Now in the championship game they had not lost a game other than the game against my team. But this time we demolished them 45 - 21. But that safety I decided to start had 10 tackles a pick six and a forced fumble. In fact there were three fumbles in the game and I had never forced a fumble until this game. Sadly that player is a senior, so he won't be around next year. Right after I seemingly solved my defensive woes. Next game is against Old Dominion in the Bahamas Bowl 💃

Well I won in the Bahamas bowl and put a lot of effort into the offseason. Out of all the recruits only two were legit starters, the rest I had to redshirt. Also, for some reason I had like 11 receivers so I had to get rid of a bunch of them.

In any case Biggums is a starter, the best of my safeties so I couldn't redshirt him. Best, the DT, on the other hand not quite ready so he will be redshirted. A surprise good player was an ATH that I recruited as a HB but his skillset was better suited for a linebacker so he's actually like 71 or so rated.

I scheduled Maryland as the first game as a test (since I got blasted by Indiana the previous year) and we still lost, they were too fast. But offensively I feel like we held our own and scored 28 points. Would have been an interesting game if it wasn't for a lame pick six. Things are looking up though as 4 star recruits seem to be interested this time around. Defense still a work in progress. Offense arguably worse but I feel like I can repeat as conference champion again.

• Hype 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I won the conference championship for the second straight year. According to this game, that is good enough to get you to the college football playoffs. I got to play Michigan in the first round and lost 41 - 24. Their running back was just too much for my defense 128 rushing yards and a TD and another 90 yards receiving and another TD by that guy. I didn't think I would win but I also didn't want to get blown out. Which I kept it competitive, it was tied at halftime before Michigan dialed in their defense and offense.

It is tempting to go to another school (Auburn, Notre Dame and North Carolina have head coaching spots) but I think I'll stick it out another year. Gotta see what my recruits can do. Beyond that there were a lot of 4 star recruits who frustratingly decided to sign with big teams late in the season. I couldn't schedule any visits because the last half of my schedule were all away games. Just interesting to see these guys say, "oh yeah Georgia I want to go there now" so they commit there while I end up second on the list. I really need a strong safety and the only handful that are good signed somewhere else. :(

In any case on to year 3!

• Hype 1

59 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I won the conference championship for the second straight year. According to this game, that is good enough to get you to the college football playoffs. I got to play Michigan in the first round and lost 41 - 24. Their running back was just too much for my defense 128 rushing yards and a TD and another 90 yards receiving and another TD by that guy. I didn't think I would win but I also didn't want to get blown out. Which I kept it competitive, it was tied at halftime before Michigan dialed in their defense and offense.

It is tempting to go to another school (Auburn, Notre Dame and North Carolina have head coaching spots) but I think I'll stick it out another year. Gotta see what my recruits can do. Beyond that there were a lot of 4 star recruits who frustratingly decided to sign with big teams late in the season. I couldn't schedule any visits because the last half of my schedule were all away games. Just interesting to see these guys say, "oh yeah Georgia I want to go there now" so they commit there while I end up second on the list. I really need a strong safety and the only handful that are good signed somewhere else. :(

In any case on to year 3!

I’m trying to win my second Super Bowl with the Falcons. If or when I do I’m going to start a new Dynasty in college football. With who, I don’t know yet. 

• Hype 2

Looks like Alabama is the GOAT - Undfeated season (lol)

spacer.png

I tried my hand at Mississippi State first game of the season. It didn't go well. Didn't realize they run hurry up and I can never stop that shit. I think my offense isn't as good this year either. Defense is slightly better though. Will have to wait and see when we get to conference games.