EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW! (Reviews From OpenCritic Posted / 88 Metascore)

Keyser_Soze

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Coach wants me to score 5 passing or rushing TDs, get 60% third down percentage and win the game against Clemson. OK coach!

This is me coming off a win against Stanford where I threw 3 picks and one of them was a pick six. :tired:

Jesus who is your coach?

College Football Championship GIF by ESPN

• True 1

I started a Dynasty after finishing my first Road to Glory player last week. I like the recruiting stuff so far, and fun to do it at a school like University of Houston, because you really have to be strategic with it.

• Halal 1

@Biggie I played one game of Madden 25 as the Eagles on rookie difficulty and blew out the Falcons (I randomly picked them lol). 

Then I played one half of College Football to compare them. 

Visually, I might give the nod to College Football but it's extremely close. Both look great. 

As a football game novice, I didn't find anything really different between these two games.

But I have really limited experience with these games so I don't know what to be looking for. 

Imo, both are very fun games if you love football. Let me know what you're thoughts are between them. 

• Halal 1

Well honestly if you played Madden on easy then you basically got the NCAA experience. Madden needs to be played on All-Madden or the very least All-Pro to actually get the NFL experience.  NCAA is wide open with mismatches all over the place. The difference in speed with some players is overwhelming. With Madden it’s methodical. A chess match. You aren’t going to be able to run round chucking the ball all over the field. Both are great at what they do. I love both and will continue to play both. Just depends on what kind of mood I’m in. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Well honestly if you played Madden on easy then you basically got the NCAA experience. Madden needs to be played on All-Madden or the very least All-Pro to actually get the NFL experience.  NCAA is wide open with mismatches all over the place. The difference in speed with some players is overwhelming. With Madden it’s methodical. A chess match. You aren’t going to be able to run round chucking the ball all over the field. Both are great at what they do. I love both and will continue to play both. Just depends on what kind of mood I’m in. 

I see. I'll be interested in how it reviews. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As you can see by the scoreboard the Clemson game didn't go as planned. But I evaded another sack and scrambled for a TD :o

Nice!  This game is simply fun as hell to play. 

I kind of like making these videos because they almost serve as a film study of sorts while I make it. I look at the play and see if I could have thrown the ball. That one in particular looks like B was a maybe but still a risky pass. No receivers were moving around so running seemed like the best option. 

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I kind of like making these videos because they almost serve as a film study of sorts while I make it. I look at the play and see if I could have thrown the ball. That one in particular looks like B was a maybe but still a risky pass. No receivers were moving around so running seemed like the best option. 

I often look at the instant replay in both NCAA and Madden to see what I missed. Nothing worse than seeing a wide open receiver that I failed to get the ball to. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I often look at the instant replay in both NCAA and Madden to see what I missed. Nothing worse than seeing a wide open receiver that I failed to get the ball to. 

RTG kind of sucks in that regard, you can't watch any replays unless it's the replay after the play when you're in the huddle.

Also, unfortunately for my team the o-line is trash so I rarely have time to wait for a guy to get open for a deep shot down the field.

8 minutes ago, Best said:

What brings Madden down to an 8.5?

It’s very sim heavy. College ball is just super fun. The atmosphere in NCAA is also hard to beat. The crowds and the bands playing is awesome. I still enjoy Madden a lot. 

• Halal 1

Madden 25 Franchise is really good. I’m loving all the stuff there is to do weekly before playing games. Coaches media press conferences, meeting with players, breakout player scenarios, training, practice, etc. It’s the most sim it has ever been and I’m eating it up. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Madden 25 Franchise is really good. I’m loving all the stuff there is to do weekly before playing games. Coaches media press conferences, meeting with players, breakout player scenarios, training, practice, etc. It’s the most sim it has ever been and I’m eating it up. 

It only has 6 reviews with an average of 68 for the score. 

The reviews seem to think that it's just not innovative enough. 

18 minutes ago, Best said:

I feel like Madden reviewers have no idea what to do with the series. It's one of those games where I'm not sure assigning it a score makes a lot of sense. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I feel like Madden reviewers have no idea what to do with the series. It's one of those games where I'm not sure assigning it a score makes a lot of sense. 

I agree. But with College Football out there is a choice for some to pick which one is better. Reviews do matter in this scenario. 

2 hours ago, Best said:

They cray cray. Madden isn’t for everyone. I love NFL football. This makes me feel like I’m in the NFL. 

• Hype 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

They cray cray. Madden isn’t for everyone. I love NFL football. This makes me feel like I’m in the NFL. 

That's all that matters. Plus you have both football games so you're good to go. 

4 hours ago, Best said:

I agree. But with College Football out there is a choice for some to pick which one is better. Reviews do matter in this scenario. 

I don't mean to imply reviews don't matter - I find the critique of Madden lacking. 

For any review like this, I would prefer to know (let's say in Madden's case): 

1) Does the reviewer play Madden every year

2) What modes the the reviewer prefer in general 

3) Can the reviewer provide concrete, specific examples of what they prefer / don't prefer in this game vs other iterations 

4) Etc (funny point after my last one). 

Like, when I read that IGN dude's review of NCAA, I stopped taking too many reviews seriously on that game. I don't wanna be harsh, but he clearly didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. Too many game reviews nowadays seem like they're based on vibes more than anything to me. 

I'm intrigued by Madden, but I don't think I have time for two football games in my life. I'll stick with NCAA and we'll see what happens next year. 

• Halal 1

It sounds like to me, just from what I heard from Alex, that NCAA has the benefit of being a new game built separate to Madden while Madden is iterating on Madden so the same glitches pop up. On the other hand you can price concessions again so that's cool I guess.

Had a crazy overtime game against The U where I came out on top 40 - 38

It was actually a mostly low scoring game because the game was tied 21 all at the end of the 4th. They have the best defensive end in the country, I think he sacked me like 5 times.

But we nearly scored as much in OT as we did in regulation, 19 - 17. I can't tell you how many overtimes that is because it's kind of weird after the second overtime, then you just go for two over and over.

And there was an odd coaching decision after the second over time. If we scored and an extra point we could have won the game but coach decided to go for 2 for some reason, which extended the overtime. I guess Bdubs was on the phone or something.

• Hype 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Now do I continue with my Miami Hurricane Dynasty and go for back to back National Championships or start my new Georgia Tech Dynasty and build them into a powerhouse?

Start a Georgia Tech dynasty. 

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's fun playing this game then watching the real college games and recognizing the same plays in the real games. I see them do some RPO stuff and I say, "hey I've run that play before!"

I checked and I have put 109 hours and 52 minutes into college football. After putting lots of hours into Madden I can say without a doubt I enjoy and have more fun playing NCAA College Football 25. The recruiting, the rivalries, the playbooks, wide open gameplay, and college atmosphere is simply spot on. I said before its by far the most fun I have ever had playing a sports video game. 

• Hype 2

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I checked and I have put 109 hours and 52 minutes into college football. After putting lots of hours into Madden I can say without a doubt I enjoy and have more fun playing NCAA College Football 25. The recruiting, the rivalries, the playbooks, wide open gameplay, and college atmosphere is simply spot on. I said before its by far the most fun I have ever had playing a sports video game. 

That's awesome. That's an insane amount of hours played. 

Just now, Best said:

That's awesome. That's an insane amount of hours played. 

and I have only done 2 Dynasties. Miami and now Georgia Tech (4-0)  I'll be playing this all football season long. I'll update hours played.