EA Sports College Football 25 | Out NOW! (Reviews From OpenCritic Posted / 88 Metascore)

Keyser_Soze

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

EA: Wait, people liked this series?

It's actually interesting hearing game journalists who are not sports fans talk about it. Like on the Nextlander podcast most of them were ignorant of the popularity of the sport in general, calling it amateur sports or comparing it to the XFL or something. Then others saying you can only be a fan if you go to the school, you can't root for a team if you didn't go there, and things like that. All misconceptions.

I mean you don't have to root for an NFL team to enjoy the game, same with the college game, you just wanna see some football and generally it is more fun to watch than the offshoot leagues.

I just listened to that pod yesterday haha. They’re my favorite gaming pod by far but only Alex even has a smidgen of sports knowledge, and it is a smidgen. 

• True 1

I think some people are just ignorant into how much money is actually poured into college football. This isn't amateur hour. Wasn't Nick Saban getting paid more than state officials? Some schools even have locker rooms that are fancier than pro locker rooms.

But I don't know why I'm telling you, someone needs to tell them. :p

Impressive that he went to Butte college though. I wonder if he even knew Larry Allen had passed away recently. 🌹

First game of year two I went into Colorado and destroyed the Buffalos. Then turned right around a lost a home night game to Rutgers 20-14. I was so disappointed but damn I love this game. Gotta lock in. 

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, Best said:

Do you just want a digital gift card so you can pre-order on your XSX?

i mean I would LOVE it but its not necessary. You have been very generous to the whole site. It doesn't come out until August 16.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

i mean I would LOVE it but its not necessary. You have been very generous to the whole site. It doesn't come out until August 16.

I have gift card codes coming via email soon. I'll pm you when I get them. 

• Hype 1

8 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm not sure what they updated, but they sent out a message yesterday saying they're aware of several of the biggest issues and working on it. 

Could just be my shitty skills but playing on all-America and the passing seems a lot more difficult. Especially taking deep shots. 

Yeah they have a big list of things they say they WANT to update but don't actually say what they updated

ANSWERS.EA.COM

Hey College Football fans,   What a weekend! Coming off of the worldwide launch weekend of EA SPORTS™ College Football 25, we wanted to say THANK YOU! It has been a very surreal feeling for us to see the reception to our passion project. We have been taking notes over the weekend as we watched all t...

As for a Madden thread I didn't make one but I never make one. :p

Tried the Air Raid offensive playbook and wasn’t a fan. Went back to the Tech Spread offense and destroyed Temple. I know those plays much better since running them last year. Might try UFC’s Spread offense. It seems to have more jet sweeps and it also includes the wild cat. 

Recruiting question. Once you choose stuff like DM player or talk with their family and friends how long do you keep it chosen for? Like the very next week should I be taking choices off and adding and trying new ones like soft/hard sell or send the house? And then how long do you keep those on? Should I constantly be switching choices on recruits each week?

On 7/25/2024 at 3:16 AM, Biggie said:

Recruiting question. Once you choose stuff like DM player or talk with their family and friends how long do you keep it chosen for? Like the very next week should I be taking choices off and adding and trying new ones like soft/hard sell or send the house? And then how long do you keep those on? Should I constantly be switching choices on recruits each week?

To answer this I'm still doing RTG and with the upcoming patch that is supposedly supposed to fix some Dynasty things (RIP Nebraska in the National Championship game) I might hold off to start one. :p

On 7/25/2024 at 5:16 AM, Biggie said:

I’m not sure if there’s any mechanic where it becomes less effective if you do the same thing. I think it probably has a similar effect each week and they keep all the stuff on there so you don’t have to redistribute all the hours. I will take stuff off if I have a clear advantage on a recruit and then focus more points on other closer races. 

• Thanks 1

Gave this a shot on the steam deck. Doesn't look as good as the TV but otherwise plays good. I was just testing it out as Navy who are kind of hard to use on their own but I could see myself possibly coming back to this on the deck if I needed to. 🤔

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Gave this a shot on the steam deck. Doesn't look as good as the TV but otherwise plays good. I was just testing it out as Navy who are kind of hard to use on their own but I could see myself possibly coming back to this on the deck if I needed to. 🤔

I'm finding my games look better on my OLED deck than on my 65inch OLED.

Obviously the picture is smaller which makes it appear better. But I'm super impressed with the deck lately.

I think I could try college football on my deck using my EA account.  🤔 

I played this for 8 straight hours yesterday until 1 in the morning. I’m addicted as fuck. Beat Duke this morning 45-3. I’m 4-2 and getting better each week. My recruiting class is looking real good too. 

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I played this for 8 straight hours yesterday until 1 in the morning. I’m addicted as fuck. Beat Duke this morning 45-3. I’m 4-2 and getting better each week. My recruiting class is looking real good too. 

What difficulty setting do you have it set on?

44 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm finding my games look better on my OLED deck than on my 65inch OLED.

Obviously the picture is smaller which makes it appear better. But I'm super impressed with the deck lately.

I think I could try college football on my deck using my EA account.  🤔 

There is no native PC version and the reason I say it doesn't look as good because I'm using the Xbox streaming (Greenlight) which doesn't look as good natively, at least for some games.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I beat USC last night, we are 8-2 and could potentially be in the Duke's Mayo Bowl :o

• Hype 1

30 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There is no native PC version and the reason I say it doesn't look as good because I'm using the Xbox streaming (Greenlight) which doesn't look as good natively, at least for some games.

That makes sense. Ok scratch that idea. :p