Jon Stewart returning as The Daily Show host (Begins 2/12/24)

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

It wasn't bad. I disagree with Stewart inviting that douche back to the show, but at least O'Reilly was called out, and more than once.

Calling him out a bunch doesn't change that being on the show at all is rehabilitating him for no reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Stewart may be considering staying at TDS after this year/election. 

He's been great. His post Harris/Trump debate and the 'Jon Stewart on Why Trump Wants Biden Back So Badly He's Reusing His Old Attacks' were highlights of his return.

WWW.ESQUIRE.COM

The comedian and actor felt the wrath of the Internet and lost a career-defining job amid the controversy. Now he’s back with a YouTube interview series, a new Netflix special, and a fresh perspective.

In a new Esquire profile, Hasan Minhaj confirms that the Daily Show gig was taken away from him last year following a controversial New Yorker story. “We were in talks, and I had the gig, and we were pretty much good to go,” he told us. After the story came out, Comedy Central called and told him the job was no longer his. “It went away. That’s part of showbiz.”

“It was painful, there’s no doubt about it,” he says now. “It was the first time I saw the speed and velocity of the Internet, how quickly a story can take off. That part of it was very new to me and disorienting.” 

39 minutes ago, Brick said:

I don't remember any controversy with him. 

He lied about an incident with his prom date, claiming racism (that didn’t occur), as part of his stand up act. The woman in question was doxed, harassed, stalked, etc. IIRC, she also lost her job among other things. It came out that he made it up, he admitted to it and used some weird excuse for it.