Who else loves rally games?

ShreddieMercury

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fuck that. We need a new next gen Rally game

While yes, that Over Jump Rally game on the other page looks sweet and I was hoping the bump was about that game coming out.

I’d love a full UE5 current gen rally game with vibrant exciting tracks, no open world, tracks only, full arcade style. I think the tools are there now where a smaller studio/team can pull off some good arcade racers so hopefully we see some more current tech ones coming.

• 3 weeks later...

So what the FUCK @Xbob42 - were you just never going to tell us about TRAIL OUT?!?!

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Welcome to the festival of explosive races, TRAIL OUT! Reckless racing around the world! Crashes, explosions, destruction, and screaming drivers!

NEWS.XBOX.COM

Gameplay, customization and upgrades available - how to get the most out of Trail Out now on Xbox.

Seems this came out in fall 22 on pc and just got a console release last month. Since release it looks like they’ve added so much content it’s essentially morphed from a flat out homage to an everything arcade racing related homage that also has more Dead Rising 2 in it than I expected (Frank Woods???) and some serious B (D?) level story/cinema energy.

I just started it but it seems pretty freakin rad off the top. Also it’s only $4 on cdkeys! 

Also has ray tracing on pc for shadows/AO/reflections so it’s quite a looker. No frame gen but it does have dlss 3.5 and fsr3 and runs at 4k/120 maxed still on the 4090 on dlss quality (so can scale down) unfortunately it doesn’t scale all the way down to steam deck, at least it shows as unsupported, I haven’t tried it yet.

Actually I checked it out on oled deck and it runs at 30fps low settings native res just fine. You could probably get 40fps out of it or push some settings even. I didn’t play around too much though once I realized there is no cloud save. Ugh. Yet again thank goodness for Moonlight.

On 5/14/2024 at 3:07 PM, Biggie said:

Fuck that. We need a new next gen Rally game

Not quite Rally but did you look at that Trail Out game?! It has rally cars and some rally like races. But it’s allll arcade racer and current gen!

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Not quite Rally but did you look at that Trail Out game?! It has rally cars and some rally like races. But it’s allll arcade racer and current gen!

PS5?  Series X?  Gamepass?

Bro do I have to buy this? I just watched videos and this isn’t my kinda game at all for real. Like it’ll be a waste of your $30. Can I use it for preordering NCAA College Football or is that going to piss you off? I can give it back to you.  @stepee

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bro do I have to buy this? I just watched videos and this isn’t my kinda game at all for real. Like it’ll be a waste of your $30. Can I use it for preordering NCAA College Football or is that going to piss you off? I can give it back to you.  @stepee

lol that is fine to preorder that instead 

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I saw Trail Out and it looked interesting because I love arcade racers, but it also looks like it's all over the place.

Is it good?? @stepee

I think it is! There is tons of content and a lot of different modes to fit most people’s arcade wants - the story stuff is weird but you can also skip it 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

lol that is fine to preorder that instead 

Thank you! I’ll play the shit out of it. And it’s like $62.99 cause of EA Plsy which will make it super affordable for me!

• Hugs 1

23 minutes ago, Best said:

Lol biggie is at it again. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo this was totally unsolicited. He sent me the code right out of the blue. I was shocked. But I would hate to waste it because honestly I wouldn't play this game. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo this was totally unsolicited. He sent me the code right out of the blue. I was shocked. But I would hate to waste it because honestly I wouldn't play this game. 

Oh, I wasn't paying too much attention. I got ya. 

13 minutes ago, Best said:

Oh, I wasn't paying too much attention. I got ya. 

Now I just need you to gift me the other $30 and I can pre-order it on my Series X and begin my Florida State football dynasty 

College Football Fsu GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Now I just need you to gift me the other $30 and I can pre-order it on my Series X and begin my Florida State football dynasty 

College Football Fsu GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

When does it come out?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I can’t take these head games until July 19. I’m going crazy over here. 

Just pm me to remind me. Don't clutter up this thread with nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Best said:

If NCAA gets "great" reviews (85 or higher on OC) I will probably buy it. 

I am so excited. I love college football. It is king here in the south. I grew up on SEC football.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I am so excited. I love college football. It is king here in the south. I grew up on SEC football.

Yea I definitely prefer college over pro. Let's hope it turns out good. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...