The Game Awards Dec 7th Official thread 19:30 ET / 16:30 PT

Remarkableriots

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

@stepee

we are no longer mortal enemies, but you may continue the war until midnight your time if you wish

na I’m good - I own the game and do wanna check it out when I finish some other stuff. I could end up digging it - from what I understand of it, it pushed gaming in a new direction similar to how I felt AW2 pushed interactive entertainment (if not games specifically) in a new direction - I would have been okay with anything besides TOTK

• Hugs 1

I'm in bed, but it's still rigged because Pizza Tower didn't win.

I am miffed enough about it that when I wake up, I'm going to buy Pizza Tower. Now, I bet some of you thought I owned it but I don't. Honestly, the game isn't exactly for me. I love the music and visuals, but playing it wasn't something I was super interested in doing. That gameplay is not really my jam. Despite that, I love every thing else about. But I'm gonna buy it (well, it's basically like stepee bought it), I'm going to play it, and I'm going to beat it.

Goodnight!

• Guillotine 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Seems like more people than ever are calling out Geoff for sucking off kojima while over reacting to judges speech last year and fucking over the winners that actually got to give "speeches"

Oh and not even mentioning all the layoffs this year

Gonna break my rule to post those absolutely correct reactions:

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The people who make games are suffering right now.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 2

33 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm in bed, but it's still rigged because Pizza Tower did win.

I am miffed enough about it that when I wake up, I'm going to buy Pizza Tower. Now, I bet some of you thought I owned it but I don't. Honestly, the game isn't exactly for me. I love the music and visuals, but playing it wasn't something I was super interested in doing. That gameplay is not really my jam. Despite that, I love every thing else about. But I'm gonna buy it (well, it's basically like stepee bought it), I'm going to play it, and I'm going to beat it.

Goodnight!

Well, it may not be your type but it’s a very very good controlling video game at least! 

And yeah Pizza Tower not winning is the only thing I’m actually upset about. 

Well, I don't really care about Kojimbo, but I do enjoy shitting on things.

But it is totally fair that people are shitty ing G-Off for the Kojimbo cocksucking when the actual winners only got 30 seconds on stage. Maybe if there was an actual game to be shown it would have been different, but it was knob polishing to the point of being insulting.

• Guillotine 2

Of everything I saw I think I'm most excited for the SEGA revamp series! And please, please Sega, don't stop there! I NEED the following:

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon RPG (If ever a game needed a remake)

Daytona 

VF 6 damn it!

Phantasy Star, just a Phantasy Star RPG, not an MMO

And while I know it was Climax entertainment that made it, I would really like a new Shining in the Darkness

• Hugs 1

I don't even get why Timmy was there to announce GOTY. Like, awesome that he just walked up and read the award with no fluff, but would have been way cooler to get a rep from last year's winner. Shit, Kratos could have been used again.

• Guillotine 1

I didn’t mind the short speeches. 

I think the show generally gets better every year from a production standpoint. I dunno if you guys watch other awards shows but they’re all terrible. It’s hard to make a video game show not feel extremely juvenline and stupid, and I think Geoff has struck a really nice balance between appreciation of the craft and not taking anything too seriously. 

All the criticism of him having favorites and giving them a longer platform and all that are absolutely fair, but I guess they don’t bother me all that much since it’s his baby and I just have always felt like his heart is in the right place with it. And all that favoritism happens with all that type of stuff it’s just less obvious because we don’t know the relationships behind the scenes. 

50 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Of everything I saw I think I'm most excited for the SEGA revamp series! And please, please Sega, don't stop there! I NEED the following:

Panzer Dragoon

VF 6 damn it!

I think the same people who did the first Panzer Dragoon remake are working on the second one now.

And VF6 is certainly coming but SEGA seems to be coy about it.

Would you take this in the meantime? :sickos: