The Boys: Season 4 (Amazon Prime) - update (06/11): series to conclude with Season 5

Yeah the death of innocent people and the lack of consequences is the black comedy, and logic of the show not lining up. 

Also it wasn't Temp V, but the full Compound V. I wonder if he had used Temp V would his dad have died right away once it wore off? I guess so. 

Man now that was a season finale.  The wait for the next season is going to be torture.  Random thoughts:

I can’t wait to see Homelander next season!

I wonder what happened to Ashley after she injected herself?  Feel like it won’t be a great result…

That part at the Vought office when the supes are murdering everyone. The Deep catches the one guy and talks to him for a little bit…that face punch was freaking BRUTAL.

The finale was fine. Moving things along is all well and good but the show remains in a weird spot.

The way they handle the kids in this show is bad. Obviously Zoe deserves sympathy, she's ended up in the same awful place Neuman did. But she was ripping people apart a few episodes ago. Grace trying to sell Ryan on eventually murdering Homelander is so fucking stupid I don't even think it's worth writing about; how the fuck else was that going to go other than exactly how it did?

As I suspected / feared, Hughie being raped was played mainly for convenient drama, turned into a joke (the shapeshifter gave Hughie some ass play, they had sex a lot so he consented, I guess) and then discarded by having Annie imply that Hughie might have super syphilis.  So what if Hughie got raped TWENTY TIMES, butts are funny and STIs are shameful. I appreciate that it's The Boys and I'm not a puritan, I'm not expecting a delicate touch. But this shit sucks, I'm sorry.

And Butcher is just less interesting Walter White at this point. He's obviously always going to end up breaking bad. What was the point of trying to set up him hallucinating Becca and Kessler is Becca is just going to vanish? And not to be all that guy about it, but this is 2 episodes now where Neuman just... didn't head pop someone or some farm animal? And didn't really even seem to try?

The Boys have always had an issue with scale... they were barely hanging on and surviving when they were backed by the CIA and ostensibly mostly concerned with killing Homelander. Now it's them versus the entire Supe community who have enacted martial law? I dunno how they're gonna land this plane in 8 episodes or whatever, but hopefully they figure it out.

The Sage reveal was great though, one of the few arcs throughout this season that felt really set up and paid off. Doesn't seem like she's gonna flip at this point so again, who even knows how The Boys are supposed to hang if they'd been dancing to her tune this whole season without even knowing it.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2024 at 12:14 AM, DarkStar189 said:

I wonder what happened to Ashley after she injected herself? 

If anyone here doesn’t already, you should subscribe to the Vought International YouTube page. They put up some decent side content. They gave an update on Ashley! They made a post saying she’s been “on a long planned vacation” around Europe! Complete with 2 very legit photos…

http://youtube.com/post/UgkxFqwFCK1X8F6Gg-XMxCMjzGZMEhV_5zOn?si=k6nf5GNAlTJB7WFe

Also if you need a good laugh, let The Deep sell you on lime flavored Liquid Death:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hype 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Contrary to recent "reporting" by the lamestream media, Homelander's recent rallies have been PACKED with Patriots. Here's a photo from one just yesterday, where he presented a concept of a security plan developed by Sister Sage. as you can see, no one here is leaving!"

http://youtube.com/post/Ugkx64m4zt43J0greAnPiw3_1hI3JMGoRHwS?si=AxQsNfHenQdFw6i3

I love these little posts with the comments playing along.