Rise Of The Ronin (PS5) - update (03/26): "A Good Game Marred By Technical Challenges" (Digital Foundry technical analysis)

skillzdadirecta

WWW.TRUETROPHIES.COM

Despite a slow start with PS5 players at launch, Rise of the Ronin's PS5 player count for April 2024 suggests the game has enjoyed consistent popularity since.

Rise of the Ronin's PS5 player count has dropped only 20% after four weeks

Player drop-off is considerably lower than the average single-player focused PS5 game

Rise of the Ronin is losing fewer players than Dragon's Dogma 2 and other 2024 releases

• 2 weeks later...

And the credits roll... such a great game. Like playing an anime in terms of the action and characters. Looking forward to seeing what Team Ninja Does next. In the meantime, I have Nioh, Nioh 2 and Wo Long to play. May even check out Strangers of Paradise at some point.

• Halal 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ll wait for you to tell me how great it is and then insist on buying it for me lol

Lol no. I just reached the main village and it's very solid. But it's not at a AAA quality with graphics and character development.

The combat is great (team Ninja) and everything is like a 8/10 quality wise. 

It's open world which I love so I like it so far. It's nothing amazing or a must play. 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, Best said:

It's definitely a solid game here. But I'm not sure it's good enough for me to put a lot of hours into it. I'm still going to give it more time tonight. 

Dude, how many games are you playing right now? With my attention span nowadays, I'm lucky to play 2 at a time before I start getting buttons mixed up lol

14 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Dude, how many games are you playing right now? With my attention span nowadays, I'm lucky to play 2 at a time before I start getting buttons mixed up lol

Haha. I have lost count tbh. But I have a lot of free time. When I'm working like a normal human being I can only play one game at a time. 

5 minutes ago, Best said:

Haha. I have lost count tbh. But I have a lot of free time. When I'm working like a normal human being I can only play one game at a time. 

I only have a couple of hours a night so I have to lock in one at a time... Maybe two. Trying to finish Wukong then I'm gonna try and finish Metroid Remastered

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, nublood said:

I got this game a few weeks after it released. Put a few hours into and it just started to drag. It does what it does good enough I guess. But not enough to keep my interest. I’m not sure what could bring me back to this one. 

These are my thoughts as well. 

17 minutes ago, nublood said:

I got this game a few weeks after it released. Put a few hours into and it just started to drag. It does what it does good enough I guess. But not enough to keep my interest. I’m not sure what could bring me back to this one. 

Same. About 15 hrs in I was like meh, I think I've seen and done all I wanted to do. This style of gameplay, combat, art direction etc by Team Ninja is kinda played out after Nioh, Nioh 2 and Wo Long and I just wasn't feeling it anymore

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Same. About 15 hrs in I was like meh, I think I've seen and done all I wanted to do. This style of gameplay, combat, art direction etc by Team Ninja is kinda played out after Nioh, Nioh 2 and Wo Long and I just wasn't feeling it anymore

I'll be honest I think Stellar Blade is better than most games in this genre. If I had any kinda skill I'd have it beaten today. 

Just now, Best said:

I'll be honest I think Stellar Blade is better than most games in this genre. If I had any kinda skill I'd have it beaten today. 

Stellar Blade is.. Well.. Stellar. I was so taken off guard by that one because I didn't think I'd like it. I'm not a fan of Bayonetta and I couldn't get into Nier 1 or 2. That studio definitely has my attention

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Stellar Blade is.. Well.. Stellar. I was so taken off guard by that one because I didn't think I'd like it. I'm not a fan of Bayonetta and I couldn't get into Nier 1 or 2. That studio definitely has my attention

I just recently beat NieR Automata so I downloaded Nier Replicant and it's really great. I'm a huge fan of the series now.