Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

@best3444 the secret to buying PC games, is to not buy them very often from Steam. CDKeys, GreenManGames and Fanatical are usually cheaper. 
That said, with the Deck, I usually prefer to make sure I buy a Steam key.  While you can play non-Steam games, I find games launched from Steam work a lot better than from other store fronts. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My friend's was delivered yesterday and I was impressed they actually went with some kind of packaging this time.

Do you know where they were delivering from? OG Decks came from Carol Stream, IL, which is like an hour and a half south of me. I got a tracking number, but no details on the delivery yet, so I'm still kind of hoping it shows up tomorrow if its the same warehouse. But also, this is shipping via UPS, and I think they previously used FedEx.

I hear CP77 runs well, supports the hdr, and can be played a long time now portably.

The power profile is a little better here than the original deck so I’ll have better recommendations after I get ahold of mine.

The most important thing though is:

WWW.EMUDECK.COM

Configure your SteamOS, Steam Deck and Rog Ally Emulators

+ archive.org

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I love the idea of Emudeck for Best but I think being able to set it up on his own might be beyond his expertise. He might just rage quit like @Brian :p

I didn’t rage quit but I definitely “threw my hands up and walked away” quit. Don’t forget about Game Pass too. Linux can eat my ass. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I didn’t rage quit but I definitely “threw my hands up and walked away” quit. Don’t forget about Game Pass too. Linux can eat my ass. 

I felt for best he would like the console like nature of steam deck and hdr, otherwise I agree and man I wish this was just Windows lol

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

NFL Blitz, SSX tricky, THPS3, and Nba Jam say hi tho 

I did love SSX tricky. I'd also like to play Wind Waker again because that visual style doesn't age. Maybe NBA jam. 

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh I got one if you would be down to replay it - Days Gone - it looks amazing on the deck and is always cheap af on cdkeys

I just recently downloaded that on PS5. I like it and never beat it. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I did love SSX tricky. I'd also like to play Wind Waker again because that visual style doesn't age. Maybe NBA jam. 

I just recently downloaded that on PS5. I like it and never beat it. 

It’s only $11!

It’s really just going to be about what do you want to play handheld. There’s just a handful of games that it might struggle with. Everything will be a generational leap above Switch.

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

Do you know where they were delivering from? OG Decks came from Carol Stream, IL, which is like an hour and a half south of me. I got a tracking number, but no details on the delivery yet, so I'm still kind of hoping it shows up tomorrow if its the same warehouse. But also, this is shipping via UPS, and I think they previously used FedEx.

They told me it shipped from SoCal and Van Nuys was the first scan and they live 10 minutes away from there.