Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie @stepee I played more FF7 Remake Intergrade today and for some odd reason I'm really enjoying it on handheld compared to playing on console. I really like it and it's leagues better than FF16. Good stuff. It looks beautiful, too.

It’s light years better than FF16. And the characters are awesome. 

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze what games did you give me? For some reason some of these games are in my library and it doesn't make sense. 

Tetris Effect

Abzu

Omno

Chorus

Ori games

They make sense because

1. They are all games that should run and look great on a handheld

2. Make use of being a good handheld game.

But you're not into that so I'll never know how they run or look. 😭

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Tetris Effect

Abzu

Omno

Chorus

Ori games

They make sense because

Is Tetris Effect: Connected the same game? I was just curious and was checking what was available on PSN.

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

Is Tetris Effect: Connected the same game? I was just curious and was checking what was available on PSN.

Yes it is - it’s just the original + dlc they released later.

I didn’t even think about how great that will be handheld with hdr - just purchased it for the third time (have it on quest and psvr2)

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes that is the game I was referring to.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Yes it is - it’s just the original + dlc they released later.

I didn’t even think about how great that will be handheld with hdr - just purchased it for the third time (have it on quest and psvr2)

The music seems soothing from the trailer I watched on PSN.

2 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

The music seems soothing from the trailer I watched on PSN.

I think it’s probably one of the best games there is because it’s Tetris and it’s maybe the best version of Tetris.

And yeah the music is very very good.

Edit: I was lucky it was on sale for 50% off right now otherwise it would have had to be wishlisted until it was though. I love it but this is my third time, and also $10 to upgrade the ps4 version :P

• True 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I think it’s probably one of the best games there is because it’s Tetris and it’s maybe the best version of Tetris.

And yeah the music is very very good.

I'll definitely get it sometime later on, but $40 is too much at the moment for me. I've always liked Tetris, going all the way back when I'd be playing it at Target on the original gameboy! When they had games set up, you could try them out while my mom shopped. I remember them also having NES, Genesis, and Super NES demo stations.

Arkham Knight is super impressive looking on here, looks great on the oled and runs at maxed settings (including enhanced rain) at 720p/40fps. Even the batmobile holds 40 besides some drops to the 30s when there’s a bunch of collision. Good stuff. Its $3 in cdkeys if anyone else wants to try it for dirt cheap.

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie @stepee I played more FF7 Remake Intergrade today and for some odd reason I'm really enjoying it on handheld compared to playing on console. I really like it and it's leagues better than FF16. Good stuff. It looks beautiful, too.

Have you played Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion? I need to get that eventually.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Arkham Knight is super impressive looking on here, looks great on the oled and runs at maxed settings (including enhanced rain) at 720p/40fps. Even the batmobile holds 40 besides some drops to the 30s when there’s a bunch of collision. Good stuff. Its $3 in cdkeys if anyone else wants to try it for dirt cheap.

BuT cAn yOu EnAbLe GaMe WoRkS?

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Tetris Effect

Abzu

Omno

Chorus

Ori games

They make sense because

Haha I was wondering where these games came from! I love Ori and dl both and played them but didn’t dl the other games because I was confused. Thank you and I'll try them eventually!

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, stepee said:

Now you can be hyped for pt2 when you beat it! Some games I do like handheld more than tv so that’s not that strange. 

Almost everyone’s impression of FF16 is disappointing tho :(

Hopefully I’ll like it as much as @crispy4000 when it comes to pc

Very true. I'm much more patient when playing the deck which is odd but oh well. 

FF16 is just not good from the halfway mark to the end. But Legend really liked it here and it got nominated for some GOTY's so you have a good chance it enjoying it. Don't listen to some losers like me and Biggie. 

:(

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

At that rate I’d doubt it. 

You're right. It's at 7% right now. I told my parents they are getting ripped off by Comcast and that they need to upgrade the speed. But I have no say or any money so they have the final say. When I lived on my own I'd always upgrade my speed for games. 

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I have Arkham City in my library but never dl it. Maybe I will now.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

You're right. It's at 7% right now. I told my parents they are getting ripped off by Comcast and that they need to upgrade the speed. But I have no say or any money so they have the final say. When I lived on my own I'd always upgrade my speed for games. 

season 5 to love a patty GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

10% complete 

• True 1

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I have Arkham City in my library but never dl it. Maybe I will now.

You should, that will run even better. Afterwards I tried Arkham Origins and I was able to actually just do 90fps on that. Actually I had not thought that you can run some of the older stuff at 90fps now and it makes them look pretty great handheld.

Also don’t forget when you install Tetris Effect to go the game in your library and hit start and then go to properties and go here:

steam-launch-options.png

But instead of what they have written there put in:

SteamDeck=0 %command% -dx12

Otherwise you won’t have the option to turn on hdr in the games menu. And you really really want hdr with it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

You should, that will run even better. Afterwards I tried Arkham Origins and I was able to actually just do 90fps on that. Actually I had not thought that you can run some of the older stuff at 90fps now and it makes them look pretty great handheld.

Also don’t forget when you install Tetris Effect to go the game in your library and hit start and then go to properties and go here:

steam-launch-options.png

But instead of what they have written there put in:

SteamDeck=0 %command% -dx12

Otherwise you won’t have the option to turn on hdr in the games menu. And you really really want hdr with it.

Did you figure that out on your own?