Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Hot damn Death Stranding DC is one of the best looking things I’ve seen on it. Running it maxed out, 720p, 40fps. hdr. Looks incredible running on a handheld. It doesn’t even need max settings so I can tone down if it gets more rough but I even entered the stranding and was surprised that besides some dips to the 30’s it actually still mostly stayed at 40 even when some big beast came out. It’s a very intelligently designed game tech wise, it must be doing some good lod reduction to keep the fps up when all those effects hit the screen.

Kojima is LIFE

• True 2
  • Hype 1

GITHUB.COM

Implements #93. This adds a second renderer besides the previous OpenGL renderer. It uses libplacebo with its Vulkan output to draw the frames to the stream window. libplacebo has quite a few nice ...

Oh man they already have builds of ps5 remote streaming with hdr working - just ironing out bugs now - good shit! Now cmonnnnn moonlight.

@stepee Shadow of the Tomb Raider not only looks extremely good it has to be running at 60fps. Is that possible? Everything moves lighting fast but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. 

I keep downloading games that I want and it seems endless with this new card lol. I just downloaded FF7 Remake Intergrade. I figured I'd give it another shot on the deck. 

@Keyser_Soze what games did you give me? For some reason some of these games are in my library and it doesn't make sense. 

• Hype 1

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Shadow of the Tomb Raider not only looks extremely good it has to be running at 60fps. Is that possible? Everything moves lighting fast but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. 

I keep downloading games that I want and it seems endless with this new card lol. I just downloaded FF7 Remake Intergrade. I figured I'd give it another shot on the deck. 

@Keyser_Soze what games did you give me? For some reason some of these games are in my library and it doesn't make sense. 

You can always check hitting the button on the right side that brings up the right side menu and change the performance overlay to 1 or 2. It would surprise me if it’s 60fps since it’s a pretty impressive game still but I suppose not impossible! Honestly I’ve found 45fps which runs in a 90hz container on this looks REAL nice. So it could be something like that.

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

You can always check hitting the button on the right side that brings up the right side menu and change the performance overlay to 1 or 2. It would surprise me if it’s 60fps since it’s a pretty impressive game still but I suppose not impossible! Honestly I’ve found 45fps which runs in a 90hz container on this looks REAL nice. So it could be something like that.

I don't think I ever hit the button on the right...

So hitting it will let me know the FPS?

How do Dreamcast games look?

Just now, best3444 said:

I don't think I ever hit the button on the right...

So hitting it will let me know the FPS?

How do Dreamcast games look?

I like how DC games look still. And it runs them at the native 720p or you can even down sample from 1080p so they are sharp and colorful.

If you arent hitting that button you are going to need to start because that is how you are supposed to lock games to whatever fps they run best at! You want to use the frame lock there, not the in game one, or you are likely having frames bounce around and inconsistent. 40-45fps is the best way to lock a lot of games and hardly any games will give you that option.

• Thanks 1

GTA5 probably still has a better actual dynamic sandbox if you are just fucking around - but I like everything else about Cyberpunk more. I liked GTA5 though. 

I did download GTA5 last night to check out on the oled deck, should look good. When the hell did that game get to 100gb though jeeze. They should let you download only the SP.

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

GTA5 probably still has a better actual dynamic sandbox if you are just fucking around - but I like everything else about Cyberpunk more. I liked GTA5 though. 

I did download GTA5 last night to check out on the oled deck, should look good. When the hell did that game get to 100gb though jeeze. They should let you download only the SP.

GTA V is fun... except when you're driving or shooting. Then it's not great.

But the franchise is more profitable than the war on terror, so are they going to change that? Probably not.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

When it expires you might want to do the trick I posted a thread about - not sure how much it was at Costco but I paid $80/yr three years in advance 

I saw that but I don't know how to do all that tricky shit lol. It was $80 for 6 months. I'm a cuck.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I saw that but I don't know how to do all that tricky shit lol. It was $80 for 6 months. I'm a cuck.

Lol, same with me. I'll be a cuck too and pay more than I should. 

BTW, yes, Uncharted looks phenomenal. I played 2 chapters and it's really nice. 

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie @stepee I played more FF7 Remake Intergrade today and for some odd reason I'm really enjoying it on handheld compared to playing on console. I really like it and it's leagues better than FF16. Good stuff. It looks beautiful, too.

Now you can be hyped for pt2 when you beat it! Some games I do like handheld more than tv so that’s not that strange. 

Almost everyone’s impression of FF16 is disappointing tho :(

Hopefully I’ll like it as much as @crispy4000 when it comes to pc