Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Fuck yeah! Always get a little scared sending without tracking. I formatted it before I sent it so you should be able to just plug it in and I think it will prompt you to format for your device or something like that.

Awesome. I'll use it tomorrow!

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh damn FF15 with hdr is very impressive on this thing, 720p, mix of med/low 40fps - I still kinda want to play this some day and still looks amazing. I love handhelds because they give you a second chance for your backlog to look impressive.

That's cool it looks great but man is that game rough. 16 is not much better really. 

I still need to try your card but I was busy playing the GOTY in Alan Wake 2!

• Hype 1

21 hours ago, Biggie said:

3tb lololololololol

And now it’s about full! 80+ pc games and then 600+gb of thousands of classic games games ranging from nes, genesis, snes, n64, Neogeo, Arcade, ps1/2, Dreamcast, psp, GC/Wii, gba, ds/3ds etc - give me a power generator and throw me on a desert island with this thing and I’m golden!

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

And now it’s about full! 80+ pc games and then 600+gb of thousands of classic games games ranging from nes, genesis, snes, n64, Neogeo, Arcade, ps1/2, Dreamcast, psp, GC/Wii, gba, ds/3ds etc - give me a power generator and throw me on a desert island with this thing and I’m golden!

Holy Mary mother of God. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's cool it looks great but man is that game rough. 16 is not much better really. 

I still need to try your card but I was busy playing the GOTY in Alan Wake 2!

You should put it in and download whatever you have had to delete real quick though because with your internet that’ll take all day anyway :P

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee you are aware that I'm an idiot but where do I insert this card? Lol 

It's too big for the bottom slot and that seems like the only place?

lol I mentioned when I sent it that I put it in a SD card adapter to keep it safe - pull out the small card from the larger shell and then it will fit in the bottom slot

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee you are aware that I'm an idiot but where do I insert this card? Lol 

It's too big for the bottom slot and that seems like the only place?

Just now, stepee said:

lol I mentioned when I sent it that I put it in a SD card adapter to keep it safe - pull out the small card from the larger shell and then it will fit in the bottom slot

lol. I love Best

24 minutes ago, stepee said:

I tried that thinking that was the case but I didn't want to break it. Ok, I'll check soon. Thanks 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Elden Ring looks spectacular on oled deck. Might be the most impressive thing I've seen yet. I had to configure the controls because the blocking was cramping my hands. It might have been a mistake buying this for the deck overall. Oh well. 

You might get used to it but also you have those back buttons so you should be able to find a way that works for you. It is incredibly impressive looking on oled deck I agree, the hdr just really pops

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

You might get used to it but also you have those back buttons so you should be able to find a way that works for you. It is incredibly impressive looking on oled deck I agree, the hdr just really pops

I have it configured nicely but overall the deck is not as comfortable as using a controller for me. And with the game being so difficult I don't see myself getting that far but we shall see. 

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

I have it configured nicely but overall the deck is not as comfortable as using a controller for me. And with the game being so difficult I don't see myself getting that far but we shall see. 

You're right, its not as comfortable as a controller.  It's the tradeoff for having the screen and processing power (weight, bulk, hand positioning) between the analog sticks.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

My connection is ridiculous. I won't even be able to touch my deck today because of how long the downloads are taking. I added more games for downloading so that's cool at least. Dishonored, Ori, FF7, and Tomb Raider. 

Mom, Dad I've been thinking and its time to upgrade our internet to something high speed.

WE WILL NOT TAKE PART IN YOUR WITCHCRAFT DO YOU HEAR ME?

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Mom, Dad I've been thinking and its time to upgrade our internet to something high speed.

WE WILL NOT TAKE PART IN YOUR WITCHCRAFT DO YOU HEAR ME?

The sad part of it all is they pay $250 a month for this shit. 

• Shocked 2

Hot damn Death Stranding DC is one of the best looking things I’ve seen on it. Running it maxed out, 720p, 40fps. hdr. Looks incredible running on a handheld. It doesn’t even need max settings so I can tone down if it gets more rough but I even entered the stranding and was surprised that besides some dips to the 30’s it actually still mostly stayed at 40 even when some big beast came out. It’s a very intelligently designed game tech wise, it must be doing some good lod reduction to keep the fps up when all those effects hit the screen.

• Hype 2