Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Steam has the first 6 Yakuza games for like, $35, and then Like A Dragon for $12. Has anyone played the PC ports of Yakuza? Has anyone played them on the Steam Deck? I feel like this would be the thing that gets me to actually play through the series, I'm just curious if the PC versions hold up.

Checking out Kiwami2 - High/Medium settings native 800p, runs higher but capping it at 40fps - the game has bad AA because it doesn’t have taa but that would be on any system running it - very solid 

Not all the Yakuza games are Verified, I think like 4,5, and 6 aren't. Which kind of doesn't make sense, but whatever. I've only dabbled with the games on the Steam Deck, but I would jump back and forth on my PC and Deck with Ishin, the Judgement games, and Gaiden and had no issues.

6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I really wish I had a use-case for this, because I really want one, but can't justify it. I mostly do m+kb FPS games or simulations like Cities Skylines. I guess I do play Rocket League, which is great for the deck...but I also don't go anywhere or need to be mobile, lol.

Do you poop? That's potentially hours of mobile gaming right there. :p

2 hours ago, stepee said:

From what I can read now he never should have forced that on me in my situation 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I was doing this and it worked okay. He asked me to take something called “quericertan” - that reacted poorly with me 

Never heard of it. Don’t ever take anything you aren’t comfortable taking no matter who is suggesting it. 

• stepee 1
  • True 1

Quercetin has been studied in basic researchand small clinical trials.[2][31][32][33] While supplements have been promoted for the treatment of cancer and various other diseases,[2][34] there is no high-quality evidence that quercetin (via supplements or in food) is useful to treat cancer[35] or any other disease.[2][36]

The US Food and Drug Administration has issued warning letters to several manufacturers advertising on their product labels and websites that quercetin product(s) can be used to treat diseases.[37][38] The FDA regards such quercetin advertising and products as unapproved – with unauthorized health claims concerning the anti-disease products – as defined by "sections 201(g)(1)(B) and/or 201 (g)(1)(C) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)(B) and/or 21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)(C)] because they are intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease",[37][38] conditions not met by the manufacturers.

Ouch

There has been little research into the safety of quercetin supplementation in humans, and the results are insufficient to give confidence that the practice is safe. In particular, there is a lack of safety information on the effect of quercetin supplementation for pregnant women, breastfeeding women, children, and adolescents. The hormonal effects of quercetin found in animal studies raise the suspicion of a parallel effect in humans, particularly in respect of estrogen-dependent tumors.[39]