Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I just bought Resident Evil 4 remake. Heard anything on that?

I haven't tried it myself but the steam discussions seem to be fairly positive on it:

STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

How well does it run on that wonderful rectangle?

Just an FYI, every steam page has a "steam community" where you can read discussions on every game. So if you want to know how it runs prior to purchase you can check there before you buy.

Personally I think the most demanding game I've ever played on the Steam Deck was Monster Hunter Rise, I don't generally play the big games on there. :p

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Steam has the first 6 Yakuza games for like, $35, and then Like A Dragon for $12. Has anyone played the PC ports of Yakuza? Has anyone played them on the Steam Deck? I feel like this would be the thing that gets me to actually play through the series, I'm just curious if the PC versions hold up.

Yakuza PC Ports are generally great. I don't know how they run on the deck. They are verified though and as I did for Best above the steam discussions they seem to indicate it works well but you might have to mess around with settings.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Dave the Diver is super cool :O

It's a neat little game -- I'm only a couple of hours in.  I actually think I would have been less bone-headed at picking up the core gaming loop if I had started on the PC, as the UI is a little small on the Deck.  But, to me this is the perfect game for a hand held -- playable in small chunks, relatively simple gameplay mechanics, but enough content to play for a while.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just an FYI, every steam page has a "steam community" where you can read discussions on every game. So if you want to know how it runs prior to purchase you can check there before you buy.

VERY handy for when you want to know what the worst people online think about a game going woke or read about how Asian people are ugly.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepee

ROG Ally or Deck OLED? I keep debating on finally getting one but I hate turning down fidelity settings so it would probably be a lot of streaming via link or moonlight

I don’t ever plan on using my Ally again unfortunately after seeing how much better the display is here. And for Moonlight that is what will matter most to you. 

Edit: I still wonder if there is an issue with frame gen games because of my pc being set at 120hz and setting a cap isn’t great with fg still I think? But I’m sure it’s fine and any issue there will be mitigated by the huge screen improvement for everything besides those 6 games. 

edit 2: Once covid ends for me I plan to swap the 2tb in my ally into the deck, so that is how I feel about one vs the other :P

• Thanks 1