Steam Deck OLED - Information Thread, update (08/14): Valve announces (eventual) SteamOS support for ROG Ally

Commissar SFLUFAN

50 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ori will look so good :O

That was the idea. With you trying it out (or were going to try it out) and that DF video saying it was his go to for testing OLED and HDR, I thought, "Well, we can't be excluding best from these"

But yeah I bought a handful of games for him, not all of them "best" type games, but games that would look great on the OLED. So Best if you look at a game and say "WTF" or whatever, I got it because I thought it would look good.

Also, use of a Deck is different for each user as the discussions in here have gone on. Yes some people want to play the most graphical demanding games on it and be wowed, but for me and others I like playing smaller games on it that you could get away with not putting on the TV. Since it is a handheld it is nice having bite size games on the go rather than blockbuster titles, but you can do both obviously.

(If you ever accept the gifts)

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How long until I get a discount? 

A refund? The FAQ says it could take 7 days. Let's hope it's faster than that... :|

(Personally I've never refunded anything so I couldn't tell you how long it actually takes)

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze What games did I get when you sent it my way?

Miles Morales

Ori 1 & 2

Chorus

Abzu

Omno

Tetris Effect

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

You should probably be contacting the shipping company (UPS? USPS?) as well as it’s their F up. In the past when this happened to me, they sometimes sent the driver back out.

I just thought Valve would be easier - at the end of the day I purchased from them and feel it’s their responsibility to deliver to me. Considering the picture with the door open and the person happily accepting it…I don’t think they will be redirecting.

Just now, stepee said:

I just thought Valve would be easier - at the end of the day I purchased from them and feel it’s their responsibility to deliver to me. Considering the picture with the door open and the person happily accepting it…I don’t think they will be redirecting.

You can talk to an agent over the phone immediately with both UPS and USPS (in one reply you said UPS, another you said USPS, so I don’t know which it is :p ). If it’s USPS it’s actually mail fraud for someone to accept (well, keep) a package that isn’t theirs with the wrong address. Valve takes up to 5 business days to respond and is typically and only does email iirc.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

You can talk to an agent over the phone immediately with both UPS and USPS (in one reply you said UPS, another you said USPS, so I don’t know which it is :p ). If it’s USPS it’s actually mail fraud for someone to accept (well, keep) a package that isn’t theirs with the wrong address. Valve takes up to 5 business days to respond and is typically and only does email iirc.

It’s just I’m sick as fuck and dealing with that on the phone sounds awful :P

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Can you guys please name 3 titles that are must plays on this?

My must plays that I have to look at and play are:

Ori and the Will of The Wisp

Tomb Raider

DISHONORED 

SKYRIM 

God Of War

TLOU 1

BTW @stepee ori looks absolutely spectacular. It absolutely pops. 

Cyberpunk would be cool just because it’s portable Cyberpunk. RDR2 because you are obsessed with that game. Sonic Superstars because I want to play that on it. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Cyberpunk would be cool just because it’s portable Cyberpunk. RDR2 because you are obsessed with that game. Sonic Superstars because I want to play that on it. 

How would cyberpunk run? Do I need to do anything in options to make it run better?

Also, if I buy cyberpunk can I just buy the dlc or do I need to buy the game for $26 then the dlc for $26?

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How would cyberpunk run? Do I need to do anything in options to make it run better?

Also, if I buy cyberpunk can I just buy the dlc or do I need to buy the game for $26 then the dlc for $26?

Yeah you would need to buy the dlc - honestly I’d play some of the stuff you got and just check all that out and then check the black friday sale and buy cheap stuff. I thought CP77 was cheaper on pc these days or i wouldn’t have said it because you just bought that.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The DLC is not included with the base game.

I haven't tried Cyberpunk on deck, but it reportedly runs reasonably well (it is verified).

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Can you guys please name 3 titles that are must plays on this?

I mean:

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Great on Deck

Based on the games you like to play, it's not like there are many PC exclusives that you are unaware of.  What haven't you played, or want to play again?

Personally, I MOSTLY use my deck for older games/indies -- and occasionally for playing while travelling or one of my kids is on my desktop.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah you would need to buy the dlc - honestly I’d play some of the stuff you got and just check all that out and then check the black friday sale and buy cheap stuff. I thought CP77 was cheaper on pc these days or i wouldn’t have said it because you just bought that.

Wait, so I have to buy the game THEN the dlc? Sorry. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wait, so I have to buy the game THEN the dlc? Sorry. 

Correct. You used to be able to get the base game cheap on cdkeys. Now it’s not as cheap, I didn’t realize that when I suggested it But yes you would have to buy both the game and dlc. It should run well, but get something cheaper imo because again you just bought that game and it’s dlc.

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I avoid non-verified games like Odyssey.  I've heard mixed things about how it runs on deck.

Ohh didnt realize it wasn’t verified. It says playable but I thought that was more about the launcher

(I did play that one fine myself)