Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (09/18): Take-Two annual report re-confirms Autumn 2025 release

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

and here I was a few months ago thinking it was going to be holiday 2024. 2026 would suckkkkkk.

I just don't see it slipping past 25. But R* can do whatever the hell they want honestly. Nobody will push them to release unfinished. 

• 1 month later...
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Take Two Interactive, releasing its fourth quarter earnings, said it expected to “deliver an unparalleled entertainment experience.”

Take Two Interactive, the holding company that owns Rockstar Games, has set a Fall 2025 release date for Grand Theft Auto VI.

Speculation about the upcoming release of the popular video game was high ahead of Take Two releasing its fourth quarter earnings on Thursday.

“We are highly confident that Rockstar Games will deliver an unparalleled entertainment experience, and our expectations for the commercial impact of the title continue to increase,” Take Two said in a statement that accompanied its latest earnings.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (05/16): Take-Two earnings statement indicates Autumn 2025 release
19 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Exactly -- AC games don't have garbage controls like Rockstar games.

Pretty hard to fuck up controls that require to push up to climb towers 

• Halal 1

• 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (09/18): Take-Two annual report re-confirms Autumn 2025 release
3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Whelp, there goes a lot of other games release dates if true. Expect a lot of Summer 25 and mid winter 26 releases. 

I guess that’s when I will go through my backlog or catch up on Tv shows. 

for any games that might have barely made an autumn 2025 date I really hope they just push out rather than try to release before GTA. 

• Halal 1

16 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Has there ever been a more "too big to fail" game than GTA6?

probably not. But what is Take2 projecting or promising investors? Especially if online or mtxs are expected to boost post release revenue.  The game may not “fail”, but it could still “fall short of expectations”.