Gaza/Israel Update (09/02): general strike/mass protests in Israel pressure Netanyahu to agree to cease-fire deal

But can totally trust the terrorists in Gaza though! 

We had a whole ass debate here about a hospital being bombed by the idf with hundreds reported killed which was a straight up lie

Some Muslim terrorist has hostages 

“well are we sure?”

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

We had a whole ass debate here about a hospital being bombed by the idf with hundreds reported killed which was a straight up lie

And people still (can’t remember if it was anyone here but I want to say “no”) said that the IDF bombed the hospital after the US intelligence report was released on it confirming that they didn’t stating things like “why would I believe the US government”

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/gaza-chiefs-brutal-calculation-civilian-bloodshed-will-help-hamas-626720e7

I can’t read the entire article because paywall, but: 

WWW.I24NEWS.TV

Hamas chief in correspondence says civilian losses are a 'necessary sacrifice' - Click the link for more.

As I’ve said from the start of this: Hamas wants as many dead civilians as possible and do not give a single shit about their populace. It’s just a shame that Netanyahu uses the fact that Hamas purposely uses civilians as human shields to not even attempt a more scalpel like approach.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/gaza-chiefs-brutal-calculation-civilian-bloodshed-will-help-hamas-626720e7

I can’t read the entire article because paywall, but: 

WWW.I24NEWS.TV

Hamas chief in correspondence says civilian losses are a 'necessary sacrifice' - Click the link for more.

As I’ve said from the start of this: Hamas wants as many dead civilians as possible and do not give a single shit about their populace. It’s just a shame that Netanyahu uses the fact that Hamas purposely uses civilians as human shields to not even attempt a more scalpel like approach.

From the outset i feared what had come to pass, it’s literally in the manual, the IDF played into it and gave that apparent overcorrection.

Terrorists do this, they imbed in the non combatant population which overwhelmingly supports them and gain more followers every time a body drops.

Israel basically made the Roman army walk under the yoke as opposed to taking a more pragmatic option and now this war continues another century. But unlike there, the Sabines are winning 

Any of you talked to any Jews with Israeli ties lately? They’ve become radicalized and I don’t really blame them. Enjoy feeling smug on social media though.

WWW.BBC.COM

Ada Sagi says her ordeal destroyed her belief that peace is possible between Israelis and Palestinians.

Ms Sagi describes how when she was first taken into Gaza, she and some other hostages were hidden in a family home with children, but the following day taken to an apartment in the southern city of Khan Younis because it was "dangerous".

The apartment owner, Ms Sagi said, told them his wife and children had been sent to stay with his in-laws. The man, she added, was a nurse.

She said students were being paid to watch over them. "I heard them say... 70 shekels [£14.82; $18.83] for a day," she said.

When they got into the city, Ms Sagi said, they were taken to a hospital - which she believes was southern Gaza's main hospital, Nasser - and told: "You are staying here."

Ms Sagi said: "People say that they are not involved. They're involved... and getting money for each of us."

Testimony from a number of other released hostages places 10 hostages in total at Nasser hospital, one of whom remains in captivity.

When asked by the BBC to comment on Ms Sagi’s allegations, the hospital's director, Dr Atef al-Hoot, denied that any hostages were kept there and said it only provided humanitarian services.

The Israeli military has previously said its troops detained "about 200 terrorists who were in the hospital" during a raid on Nasser hospital in February, and that they found ammunition as well as unused medicines intended for Israeli hostages.

"I lost my home. I lost my freedom - the whole place that I [have] to go back. Our village - kibbutz - is destroyed," she said.

“I cried good. I'm not ‘iron woman’, like everybody says. Sometimes you cry and it's good. My mother would say: ‘To cry, it cleans the eye.’”

• Guillotine 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/09/01/israeli-american-hostage-hersh-goldberg-polin-killed/

- 6 Hostages found dead.

- Mass protests and calls for a General Strike are breaking out. 

- 3 Israeli Police killed in the West Bank. 

The potential for a ceasefire is almost fully gone at this point because Bibi is just gonna wag the dog harder when facing this level of popular uprising.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gaza/Israel Update (09/02): mass protests in Israel pressure Netanyahu to agree to cease-fire deal

Israel's labour court has ordered the general strike to end. Activists involved in the strike called for the Israeli government to agree a deal to secure the release of hostages after six bodies were recovered by the IDF on Saturday.

We've taken a look back at how the strike unfolded this morning:

• Several roads were blocked and flights at Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv were delayed
  • Many hospitals were operating reduced services and banks were closed
  • Thousands of people took to the streets of Tel Aviv before Israel's labour court ruled that the general strike must end by 14:30 local time (12:30 BST)
  • The action was called by Histadrut - one of the country's most powerful unions
  • The Hostages and Missing Families Forum announced several protests scheduled to take place at 19:00 (17:00 BST), including at the prime minister's residence

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gaza/Israel Update (09/02): general strike/mass protests in Israel pressure Netanyahu to agree to cease-fire deal

Large crowds of protesters have broken through police lines near the prime minister’s private residence in Jerusalem. They’re now advancing toward his family apartment carrying coffins that symbolize the six slain hostages recently found in Gaza. There are still several more police lines between the protesters and the prime minister’s home.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Foreign Office says review found ‘clear risk’ that UK arms may be used in violation of humanitarian law

The UK has moved to immediately suspend 30 arms export licences to Israel after a review by the new Labour government found a “clear risk” that UK arms may be used in serious violation of humanitarian law relating to the treatment of Palestinian detainees and the supply of aid to Gaza.

The suspension will cover components for military aircraft including fighter aircraft, helicopters and drones.

The Foreign Office said the two-month review had raised concerns about the way Israel had conducted itself in the conflict in Gaza.

No definitive conclusion has been reached about whether UK arms export licences have contributed to the destruction in the territory. But the scale of the destruction and the number of civilian deaths caused great concern, the Foreign Office said.

The suspensions represent one-tenth of the 350 extant licenses and do not include parts for the F-35 Joint Fighter Strike programme unless the UK-supplied part is specific to a jet plane for use exclusively by Israel.

The move, which was coordinated between the Foreign Office, the business department and the attorney general, is likely to help the foreign secretary, David Lammy, overcome what may a highly charged revolt at the Labour party annual conference.

But it will lead to strains with Joe Biden’s administration in the US, which has repeatedly said it sees no basis in international humanitarian law to suspend arms exports.