Gaza/Israel Update (04/02): Israeli airstrike kills foreign workers of World Central Kitchen (Chef José Andrés food aid charity)

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The former president has publicly waffled on the Israel-Gaza war. But he told wealthy donors he supports Israel’s right to continue “its war on terror.”

This is why a lot of criticism of Biden by pro-Palestine protesters is so misguided. 

• Halal 1

40 minutes ago, outsida said:

This is why a lot of criticism of Biden by pro-Palestine protesters is so misguided. 

fuck that. biden has been terrible. people shouldn’t have to shut their mouths because trump is worse. biden should be better than this. 

5 hours ago, johnny said:

fuck that. biden has been terrible. people shouldn’t have to shut their mouths because trump is worse. biden should be better than this. 

Criticizing Biden, wanting him to pull the leash harder, and speaking up about it to try to get change isn’t the issue, it’s shit like this that’s being criticized:

WWW.TIGERDROPPINGS.COM

Rashida Tlaib Suggests Voting Against Biden in November, Calls Him an ‘Enabler’ of Genocid -

There’s literally two members on this board that say they won’t vote for Biden in November because of this while claiming “Trump won’t be any worse.” 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

So vote trump in, I’ll enjoy my reduced taxes I guess.

edit: seriously how am I stuck being politically aligned with myopic idiots. Performative jackasses deserve what they’re gonna get.

Maybe with those tax cuts I can do two months in the Mediterranean next year, charter a boat and recreate the Odyssey. 6 weeks last time just wasn’t enough.

Actually yeah that sounds good,  vote trump in guys. I’m still abstaining from political engagement outside of the union.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

edit: seriously how am I stuck being politically aligned with myopic idiots. Performative jackasses deserve what they’re gonna get.

Maybe with those tax cuts I can do two months in the Mediterranean next year, charter a boat and recreate the Odyssey. 6 weeks last time just wasn’t enough.

Actually yeah that sounds good,  vote trump in guys. I’m still abstaining from political engagement outside of the union.

I don’t think you need to travel all the way to the Mediterranean just to have a bunch of strapping young men tie you to a pole.

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

I don’t think you need to travel all the way to the Mediterranean just to have a bunch of strapping young men tie you to a pole.

Don’t threaten me with a good time

of course the guys I like are fem so they enjoy being tied up 

3 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Honestly right now Trump would be better for my taxes too

12 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Honestly right now Trump would be better for my taxes too

Just like the people who won’t vote for Biden over a foreign event, I’ll place my needs over everyone else’s.

those potential capital gains reductions look good to me. 

16 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Just like the people who won’t vote for Biden over a foreign event, I’ll place my needs over everyone else’s.

those potential capital gains reductions look good to me. 

haha

I mean, always look in the bright side of life?

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, johnny said:

. biden hasn’t given people any reason to vote for him when it comes to this issue. 

There are plenty of other reasons to vote for him, because, if you care about Palestinians, I'll make the assumption that you definitely aren't a conservative. It's one thing to not like how Biden has handled this situation, it's another to attempt to "punish him" by helping someone who will be undeniably worse for Palestinians put in charge. There's trying to get change to what you prefer in policies, then there's being an obtuse moron.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, johnny said:

trump will definitely be worse. biden hasn’t given people any reason to vote for him when it comes to this issue. 

What if what the people want results in the only thing changing is ending world attention because the US wouldn't be involved, which would free Israel's hand to kill every Palestinian in Gaza, march every Palestinian in the West Bank into Jordan (the IDF would crush the Jordanian military in 10 minutes, even without US support), annex both, and complete the project. At which point left wing Israeli governments start getting elected and within 5 to 10 years Israel is allowed back in the international club. 

Pull the leash too hard and it could break. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

What if what the people want results in the only thing changing is ending world attention because the US wouldn't be involved, which would free Israel's hand to kill every Palestinian in Gaza, march every Palestinian in the West Bank into Jordan (the IDF would crush the Jordanian military in 10 minutes, even without US support), annex both, and complete the project. At which point left wing Israeli governments start getting elected and within 5 to 10 years Israel is allowed back in the international club. 

The people who seem to think that Israel is actually dependent on the US for weapons/ammo blow my mind. It would slow down Netanyahu's far-right government for a few weeks to a few months until they found another source of weapons and/or built enough factories to create their own (in mass). 

Also, to add-on to your post, there's a good chance that they'd preemptively hit Iran while claiming that they had to do a show of force since the US isn't a deterrent for attacks from surrounding countries anymore. Israel f'n loves those preemptive strikes.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

i don’t even disagree! but if biden loses don’t blame the voters, blame that doofus for losing the people who voted for him the first time. 

The idea that the Israelis wouldn’t completely annex the West Bank and push out the Palestinians under Biden is pretty damn laughable. He’s shown that he’ll do absolutely nothing to stop the massacre in Gaza, and he wouldn’t do anything to stop what Israel has planned for the West Bank except pretend to show concern about what is going on there

59 minutes ago, johnny said:

i don’t even disagree! but if biden loses don’t blame the voters, blame that doofus for losing the people who voted for him the first time. 

I think it's a bit of both. If a politician knows that doing or saying something with alienate a big part of the voting public, then they are definitely dumb (or maybe it's calculated). At the same time, a large part of the voting population is also dumb for how they decide to vote based on different things. 

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think it's a bit of both. If a politician knows that doing or saying something with alienate a big part of the voting public, then they are definitely dumb (or maybe it's calculated). At the same time, a large part of the voting population is also dumb for how they decide to vote based on different things. 

I don't think we have as much control over other countries as both Liberals and Conservatives think.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It’s the candidate’s job to convince people to vote for him. And people will vote based on their needs and positions on different topics. It has always been this way. Biden has done everything in his power to alienate the voting block that got him into power in 2020 while supporting a government and group that prefers Trump to him. If he loses in November, it’s entirely on him. 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't think we have as much control over other countries as both Liberals and Conservatives think.

Americans are so fucking stupid 

they think we’re the Roman republic and can draw a circle around a king in the sand to demand we get what we want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

It’s the candidate’s job to convince people to vote for him. And people will vote based on their needs and positions on different topics. It has always been this way. Biden has done everything in his power to alienate the voting block that got him into power in 2020 while supporting a government and group that prefers Trump to him. If he loses in November, it’s entirely on him. 

I disagree. It's a candidate's job to convince the public, but it's the public's job to research and understand the issues. Democracy relies on both. 

• Like 1

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I disagree. It's a candidate's job to convince the public, but it's the public's job to research and understand the issues. Democracy relies on both. 

The mindset you’re arguing against is why I’ve just given up man. Americans are lazy and stupid who can’t be bothered to hold a thought outside of a YouTube short. They deserve what they’re going to get.

9 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

Single issue voters who would rather watch their issue be 100x times worse than vote for someone sane sure are a special bunch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

You can never achieve the second when you give the average person the right to vote. People will always vote based on their feelings and a sense of what is right to them, they won’t consider the economic or foreign policy impact of each candidate. Despite everything that happened in 2020, Trump still got 46% of the vote. 

14 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

It'll be on that block of voters when Trump interns and deports a couple million people, they have the power to stop it and are deciding to not to so they can feel better about a conflict they knew nothing about 6 months ago. If that bloc was serious about Palestine they'd be pushing Biden to call for a peace summit, instead they just want to freeze the conflict again until maybe next time something something Palestine will be free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I disagree completely. If Americans choose to not vote, protest vote, or vote for Trump over Gaza. Fuck 'em. You're a lost cause.

They can feel real good about their protest as the republic further descends into the mire, that’s what matters.

These idiots deserve some actual struggle in their lives for a change.

I can just say I’m born again and the chuds will love me.