Gaza/Israel Update (04/02): Israeli airstrike kills foreign workers of World Central Kitchen (Chef José Andrés food aid charity)

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

And why are they on a “revenge campaign”?

Hamas needs to be condemned as much as Israel and it’s mind blowing how much of a free pass they seem to be getting in the past couple of months. News outlets treat them like a legitimate government over the past few weeks. Basically no one in Israel likes Netanyahu, with over 50% wanting him to resign and call for new elections immediately, that number grows to nearly 70% with “once the war is over”/“once the hostages are returned”, and 87% for him not to seek reelection after his term. 
Netanyahu and his regime sucks, but it’s so tiring to see only one side constantly being blamed. Everyone involved sucks, and only the civilians suffer.

Hamas basically said Israeli citizens are valid targets, you have dipshits repeating from the river to the sea here, they’ve made it a total war. Hamas has a 70% popular support. We fire bombed Tokyo in a similar situation. 

They started the war; they lost it. My sister is meeting me in Warsaw, fuck Hamas; yeah extend that out.

Anyway, to answer @CheeTo’s question, one of the reasons this war gets protested and not the others is the disproportionate amount of civilian deaths on one side (Gaza). However, and I’m sure I’ll get shit for saying this, what’s largely and seemingly constantly ignored is that Hamas purposely uses civilians as human shields to increase the death toll. However, when you have a far-right POS like Netanyahu at the helm of the Israeli government, he’s more than happy to use that as an excuse to not exercise caution nor take any steps to attempt to limit said civilian deaths. If Hamas gave a shit about the civilians in Gaza there’d already be a ceasefire: however, that would involve Hamas stepping down from power alongside releasing the remaining hostages, of course they also need to make demands to benefit Gaza and the civilians there - something could lead to actual peace (and obviously this would put the remainder on Israel because it’s not all on Hamas)… but since that would involve Hamas no longer having power and Israel still existing it won’t happen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

That's nice doesn't change anything I said. People care cause Israel sucks and we're backing them, that's it. 

So Russian lives are less valuable or something.

long live the IDF 

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

That's nice doesn't change anything I said. People care cause Israel sucks and we're backing them, that's it. 

It’s amazing that people get to say “fuck Israel”, “Israel sucks”, etc, but “fuck Palestine” would be “omg you need to separate Hamas from Gazans!”, at least from the ones who don’t think they’re “freedom fighters” because then you’re just called a bigot.

• Halal 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

It’s amazing that people get to say “fuck Israel”, “Israel sucks”, etc, but “fuck Palestine” would be “omg you need to separate Hamas from Gazans!”, at least from the ones who don’t think they’re “freedom fighters” because then you’re just called a bigot.

Oh no I don’t anymore

they started a war they lost like Arab nations always do when the fight Israel, you’d think they’d learn.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

To be clear I don't really care what happens to either, but the US would be better off just telling Israel they're on their own regardless of current situation. 

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

To be clear I don't really care what happens to either, but the US would be better off just telling Israel they're on their own regardless of current situation. 

I mean, sure, if you want Israel and Netanyahu to go completely unchecked and start preemptively attacking anyone/anything they view as a threat in a “show of force” since they no longer have US Support as a major deterrent for conflict.

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I mean, sure, if you want Israel and Netanyahu to go completely unchecked and start preemptively attacking anyone/anything they view as a threat in a “show of force” since they no longer have US Support as a major deterrent for conflict.

Sure, have at it. 

I mean I’m down 

I’d love Israel to just hand wash, no more infrastructure support, let their Muslim family take care of them 

charity is a thing in that Iron Age religion right? Or was that after raping little girls?

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ah, so you’d rather larger wars with more death? And also the complete destruction of both Palestinian states?

As opposed to constant warfare and the inevitable destruction of the Palestinian states anyways, that constantly has negative affects for the US in the region? Sure. 

Just now, marioandsonic said:

I just want God to appear, glass the entire region, and declare "THERE!  NOW NO ONE GETS IT!"

The Jews would still go back and create a paradise 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

As opposed to constant warfare and the inevitable destruction of the Palestinian states anyways, that constantly has negative affects for the US in the region? Sure. 

Tell me you know nothing about the aid the US gives Israel without telling me you know nothing about the aid.

Israel does not need the US aid, at all. It’s a leash and a deterrent to surrounding countries who would otherwise attack. The only reason that the Palestinian states aren’t destroyed is because of the leash. Cutting the aid only holds back a more extreme campaign by a few weeks to a few months while Israel sources new weapons/ammo from elsewhere and/or gets their own factories up to capacity.

If you don’t think the current “checks” in place are enough, imagine what’s there being completely gone.

Of course, I’m sure you’re not actually bothering to think about any of this and will continue with some “trying to be witty” and overly obtuse response only proving your ignorance on the region.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Tell me you know nothing about the aid the US gives Israel without telling me you know nothing about the aid.

Israel does not need the US aid, at all. It’s a leash and a deterrent to surrounding countries who would otherwise attack. The only reason that the Palestinian states aren’t destroyed is because of the leash. Cutting the aid only holds back a more extreme campaign by a few weeks to a few months while Israel sources new weapons/ammo from elsewhere and/or gets their own factories up capacity.

If you don’t think the current “checks” in place are enough, imagine what’s there being completely gone.

Of course, I’m sure you’re not actually bothering to think about any of this and will continue with some “trying to be witty” and overly obtuse response only proving your ignorance on the region.

But what does their social media say?

have they garnered enough points to be in the tribe? Can they be on the tribal side enough?

i saw a video recently 

“We don’t throw gays off rooftops, there are no buildings left!”

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Israel does not need the US aid, at all. It’s a leash and a deterrent to surrounding countries who would otherwise attack. The only reason that the Palestinian states aren’t destroyed is because of the leash. Cutting the aid only holds back a more extreme campaign by a few weeks to a few months while Israel sources new weapons/ammo from elsewhere and/or gets their own factories up to capacity.

I think this comes from Americans thinking we are the best fighters in the world or something. Jews/Israelis have been fighting a war for 2000+ years. We're just a baby.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Anyway, to answer @CheeTo’s question, one of the reasons this war gets protested and not the others is the disproportionate amount of civilian deaths on one side (Gaza). However, and I’m sure I’ll get shit for saying this, what’s largely and seemingly constantly ignored is that Hamas purposely uses civilians as human shields to increase the death toll. However, when you have a far-right POS like Netanyahu at the helm of the Israeli government, he’s more than happy to use that as an excuse to not exercise caution nor take any steps to attempt to limit said civilian deaths. If Hamas gave a shit about the civilians in Gaza there’d already be a ceasefire: however, that would involve Hamas stepping down from power alongside releasing the remaining hostages, of course they also need to make demands to benefit Gaza and the civilians there - something could lead to actual peace (and obviously this would put the remainder on Israel because it’s not all on Hamas)… but since that would involve Hamas no longer having power and Israel still existing it won’t happen.

Dude, I’ve been saying that since this started and all the “gEnOcIde JoE” schmucks jump down my throat over it.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, MarSolo said:

Dude, I’ve been saying that since this started and all the “gEnOcIde JoE” schmucks jump down my throat over it.

Same, though I’ve noticed that most of the people who call Biden that call Hamas “freedom fighters”, so. 
Too many people root for this shit like it’s sports teams.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Same, though I’ve noticed that most of the people who call Biden that call Hamas “freedom fighters”, so. 
Too many people root for this shit like it’s sports teams.

Calling people “freedom fighters” has never backfired on the US in any way.

Remembering Never Forget GIF

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Of course, I’m sure you’re not actually bothering to think about any of this and will continue with some “trying to be witty” and overly obtuse response only proving your ignorance on the region

You don't need to convince me we can stop sending aid to Israel you know, I'm already there. 

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

You don't need to convince me we can stop sending aid to Israel you know, I'm already there. 

It’s nice to know you’re pro-war and also confirmed that you’re one of the most disingenuous posters here since DVD.

When I ask people what happens if we don't support Israel and somehow Hamas wins. What happens to all the people in Israel. They always say bs like "we just shouldn't be involved" which tells me they're ok with actual mass genocide and rape.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

When I ask people what happens if we don't support Israel and somehow Hamas wins. What happens to all the people in Israel. They always say bs like "we just shouldn't be involved" which tells me they're ok with actual mass genocide and rape.

If you think Hamas is capable of destruction and devastation on the scale that Israel is meting out against the population of Gaza, you are smoking crack. 

• Haha 1

The reasons are pretty simple:

• The US backs Israel while Israel is killing civilians (the opposite of in Ukraine) and it's currently popular in the zeitgeist (think Kony 2012)
  • Antisemitism
  • Americans like to pick sides and ignore nuance

There's overlap in those circles (though I'd suggest the majority is from the former).

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

• The US backs Israel while Israel is killing civilians (the opposite of in Ukraine) and it's currently popular in the zeitgeist (think Kony 2012)
  • Antisemitism

There's overlap in those circles (though I'd suggest the majority is from the former).

Also the whole anticolonial thing adds someone, complexity, to people's thinking. 

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

If you think Hamas is capable of destruction and devastation on the scale that Israel is meting out against the population of Gaza, you are smoking crack. 

I think this fear is more in the context of a One State Solution and that it be a shit show. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

• Antisemitism

The antisemitism is not an insignificant amount of the reason, agreed. Also the social media train where people don't really have an educated view but want in on it. 

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

That's why I said "somehow" - as in - if it were possible.

5 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Hamas isn't going to win, Israel isn't going to win, no one wins this. 

28 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

OK lol. 

My dude, you were loling dead Israelis early in this thread. Now you want to pretend “I don’t care what happens”. Get fucked, you ignorant clown. It’s beyond obvious you don’t want to have any type of actual discussion on this nor do you wish to learn anything that challenges the views you’ve created for yourself in your sheltered bubble.

It is feckless and ignorant clowns like yourself that make so these wars are never ending.

• Like 1