Senator Menendez indicted AGAIN in New York, update (03/05): guess who caught yet another indictment? (7/16) GUILTY

• 3 months later...
  • Jason changed the title to Senator Menendez indicted AGAIN in New York, update (03/05): guess who caught yet another indictment? (7/16) GUILTY
49 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I kinda think the GOP would vote no on expulsion on the hopes that he doesn't resign even if he gets thrown in jail and Dems are just down a seat then.

I'd be shocked if the governor isn't allowed to put in a replacement if a Senator isn't able to do their job. Maybe they couldn't appoint a permanent replacement, but surely being in prison would count similarly to a medical incapacitation.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

I kinda think the GOP would vote no on expulsion on the hopes that he doesn't resign even if he gets thrown in jail and Dems are just down a seat then.

"They won't seat Feinstein's replacement on the judiciary committee" was the excuse for not forcing her out and then when Butler got in it was fine.

4 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

NBC News is reporting that he's calling "allies" (why does he still have allies??) and telling them that he intends to resign.

If you knew someone with that many gold bars you’d be their ally too

• True 1