Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door [May 23, 2024]

Keyser_Soze

33 minutes ago, Brian said:

It looks so good on the OLED

Oh No Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

Let’s goooooooo

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Don't tease me in buying an OLED Switch.

Question @Biggie

Are the controls better on the Oled compared to the standard?

Is it not possible to buy a Switch that docks now?

It’s the exact same thing as the Switch but with a much nicer and slightly bigger OLED screen. I think you can buy just a dock on Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Let’s goooooooo

It’s the exact same thing as the Switch but with a much nicer and slightly bigger OLED screen. I think you can buy just a dock on Amazon. 

Wow. I litteraly can't stand controlling the Switch in handheld. I am not sure if it's worth buying a dock just for this game. I never played it though... hmmm

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wow. I litteraly can't stand controlling the Switch in handheld. I am not sure if it's worth buying a dock just for this game. I never played it though... hmmm

I love handheld mode. You know you can use the table mode along with the pro controller right?

28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I love handheld mode. You know you can use the table mode along with the pro controller right?

Yea, I know. I think @SuperSpreader did that with his new Switch. I'm not positive he even enjoys it lol. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I know. I think @SuperSpreader did that with his new Switch. I'm not positive he even enjoys it lol. 

I think he does he just doesn’t have alot of free gaming time because he is going adult things like dating, getting oussy, working out, traveling, and working on his career. 

Me and you are like Jerry and George. We’re not men. Remember that episode lol

• True 1

Just now, Biggie said:

I think he does he just doesn’t have alot of free gaming time because he is going adult things like dating, getting oussy, working out, traveling, and working on his career. 

Haha 😄 

Of course I remember that. Very true. I'm not a man. 

6 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I have a tablet holder that can hold the Switch up at a comfortable eye level while I’m sitting in bed and holding my pro controller. That’s now the primary way I play my Switch. 

Is it OLED? I think I'm just waiting for the Switch 2. Paper Mario is great but not worth me buying aged hardware. 

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is it OLED? I think I'm just waiting for the Switch 2. Paper Mario is great but not worth me buying aged hardware. 

No, I don’t use my Switch enough to justify that upgrade. And I wouldn’t recommend anyone buying a Switch now, especially just for a single game 

Spoiler

that’s super slow and boring :]

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

With visuals? Ok, what are you on and where did you get it from?

Some like crazy women rolling around in mud and dirt in depressing shit. Others just enjoy being Mario on a treasure hunt enjoying the bright beautiful art and chilling with friends. 
:shrug:

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

Some like crazy women rolling around in mud and dirt in depressing shit. Others just enjoy being Mario on a treasure hunt enjoying the bright beautiful art and chilling with friends. 
:shrug:

I completely understand. Visuals are so open to interpretation that you really cannot say what game looks the "best".

I was playing Senua then switched to Starfield and I was pleasantly surprised by how sharp and colorful everything was in comparison. Yea, Senua might be the closest thing to looking real in videogames but realism isn't everything.

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I completely understand. Visuals are so open to interpretation that you really cannot say what game looks the "best".

I was playing Senua then switched to Starfield and I was pleasantly surprised by how sharp and colorful everything was in comparison. Yea, Senua might be the closest thing to looking real in videogames but realism isn't everything.

Just get a dock

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

dollars GIF

39 minutes ago, Biggie said:

U gotta play with us. It’s pure Nintendo Charm

I just don't want to spend money on a dock for one game. It's pointless. I'm sure the game is terrific. I'll play it on Switch 2. 

This reminds me that I should wrap up Oragami King at some point.  Not because it’s anywhere near as good, but I should finish what I start.

Still waiting on that Switch 2 announcement though, and what upgrades it could bring. 

As a low cpu intensive 30fps game the deck also can emulate this just fine. There is a bug in the sewers atm but I imagine it will run great in like two weeks max. Heck, probably will have a 40fps option even.

Deck could also even easier play the original at 800p/60fps.