OMG APPLE HURRY UP

stepee

Oh wow yeah the AI 3D conversion of any photo is kind of a killer app. At the very least, if they get it working with video it definitely will be a killer app. It works pretty much as good as you could imagine. It works on everything and the result is almost always fantastic. 

I realized right away I could use it to view a shot of any video game in 3D and that was cool. Then I realized well also we can make key art 3D. Then I found a super high res shot of Klonoa to have him almost irl. And then I saw pics of my fav cats waffles and percy in 3D and it’s awesome. But then I get to my vacation pictures and I’m able to see Super Nintendo World and the Vegas Strip and animals and stuff and you can just really get a sense of the place so much more. They should have waited for this to launch.

• stepee 1

Ok made some progress with pcvr on AVP. Got it working pretty good for gamepad laying in bed VR. And more fun though I haven’t gotten to play with it too much yet is I connected joycons to the vision pro and they are working with ALVR now. So you can do actual full motion VR. The end game solution will have to be better than this but it makes it easier to navigate even if I’m just gonna use a gamepad and can at least test the waters with this beautiful display on full Vr.

• stepee 1

It is kinda fun to be in the early days period of a device where you can get excited over the dumbest shit. Warped Kart Racers just randomly came out as a native AVP app in 3D.  It’s actually a pretty fun Mario Kart clone I’ve been playing on other ios devices a bit. The franchises are Solar Opposites, American Dad, Family guy, and King of the Hill and I like all those. It has a slider for 3D sensitivity too. It really can push it out. Loveee 3D games.

• stepee 1

One thing I hope Apple does with an apple tv refresh is revamp the os and the remote. I want it to be a 3D pointer like the LG oled remotes and for the music app to be designed better.

It works fine for movies/tv but for some reason I find myself always stumbling around and doing the wrong thing in the music app. Pushing left to skip a song or lightly touching it to fast forward is finicky. Search would be easier with a pointer and the option to erase your previous search is double mapped with another function. Music should also have a visual EQ screensaver.

• stepee 1

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I bet that OLED iPad is fantastic 

:daydream:

It really is and it’s my favorite of my most recent toys. But I didn’t have a tablet at all these last 5 years or so and it’s something I use every day now. So it’s been especially great!

• stepee 1

It is funny sad how I bought this big iPad with a more powerful chip and all that, and I mostly still use it to play Hearthstone. :p Hell, I downloaded a ton of Apple Arcade and Netflix games to fuck around with, and the one I enjoyed the most was World of Goo. Great game, but not exactly pushing any tech. 

• 1 month later...

Updated to 18.1 beta on my iphone and RCS support is IN! 

This is what brings txting uniformity between ios and android users. Was just testing with my Mom and her photos look a MILLION times better, it’s like night and day. I also don’t get weird errors I used to get when sending her multiple photos or a video. Tested in airplane mode with wifi and it works as well! I could never txt her during flight due to that before. 

The only test that didn’t work was sending multiple videos at once. I’ll need to test with another android user to see if that’s just an issue with her phone or not. But at least sending one video actually works without showing an error message now.

Very glad they finally did this. 

• stepee 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone else order a new iPhone today? I haven't had one in like 10 years, and I'll probably regret it, but I ordered a 15 pro for me and one for my wife. She has a 13 pro max so I know it will be a nice upgrade for her. I have a Samsung s23 Ultra and I'm kinda over the big ass screen. Good to see Apple finally put the same camera in the pro as the pro max. Always felt like I had to get a big ass phone if I wanted the better cameras. 

• stepee 1

17 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Anyone else order a new iPhone today? I haven't had one in like 10 years, and I'll probably regret it, but I ordered a 15 pro for me and one for my wife. She has a 13 pro max so I know it will be a nice upgrade for her. I have a Samsung s23 Ultra and I'm kinda over the big ass screen. Good to see Apple finally put the same camera in the pro as the pro max. Always felt like I had to get a big ass phone if I wanted the better cameras. 

Man @stepee would have been so excited for this new phone. Fucking sucks he can’t enjoy it. 

• stepee 1

55 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I forgot about the unveiling. Passed a sign in a store today advertising it. No idea what’s new, but I never upgrade yearly. I just paid off my 15 pro max. I’m good for another year. 

My wife got a 13 then the 14 totally upgraded to a much better camera system...so with that said I'm sure the 16s will have a totally new something that makes it worth getting lol. 

I pre-ordered the Pixel 9 Pro Fold but it's taking Best Buy until the 18th to fulfill the order. I'm kind of expecting it to be cancelled though, because they aren't even listing the 512 GB version on their site anymore. :nervous:

12 minutes ago, Ominous said:

My wife got a 13 then the 14 totally upgraded to a much better camera system...so with that said I'm sure the 16s will have a totally new something that makes it worth getting lol. 

I’ve never seen anything making a yearly upgrade worth it. Especially given how expensive these phones are. 

• stepee 1

4 hours ago, Andrea said:

I feel sad that Stephen isn’t here to do his yearly iPhone upgrade 😭

Me too. He loved Apple products and was a wealth of knowledge about them. Loved talking about the new stuff and how genuine excited he would be about them. 

• Hugs 1