Got Dayum

Biggie

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

What are you having? :daydream:

It's strange to me but it's sausage and chicken with tomato sauce. Then some sort of pasta. She said her mother made it. 

Cornell in a nut shell:

I just left my director's office after telling him that my new project is in jeopardy and that this is due to him and others not doing their jobs. He told me that my project is doing the best out of all the projects in his portfolio and then issued me a merit bonus of $3,000, on the spot. I just got a raise last week! He shook my hand and told me what an invaluable employee I am. Huh? I know you might think, "Vic, free money and praise, what's wrong with that?!" But I grew up earning everything in life and this kind of obvious ass kissing and glad handing makes me sick in my stomach. Something's not quite right with my management and I'll be glad to be free of them. 

Wtf GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I'm taking the rest of the day off to day drink and appreciate the fact that in two years I won't be working for the Ministry of Kafkaesque Advancement anymore! Soooo....

HAPPY FUCKIN' FRIDAY BOYS AND GIRLS!

Xfinity - Ah, the ole margarita pool. Click LIKE if you agree this is a  perfect antidote to Monday! To take a dip in the pool and catch-up on The  Last Man

• stepee 4

8 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Cornell in a nut shell:

I just left my director's office after telling him that my new project is in jeopardy and that this is due to him and others not doing their jobs. He told me that my project is doing the best out of all the projects in his portfolio and then issued me a merit bonus of $3,000, on the spot. I just got a raise last week! He shook my hand and told me what an invaluable employee I am. Huh? I know you might think, "Vic, free money and praise, what's wrong with that?!" But I grew up earning everything in life and this kind of obvious ass kissing and glad handing makes me sick in my stomach. Something's not quite right with my management and I'll be glad to be free of them. 

I'm taking the rest of the day off to day drink and appreciate the fact that in two years I won't be working for the Ministry of Kafkaesque Advancement anymore! Soooo....

Xfinity - Ah, the ole margarita pool. Click LIKE if you agree this is a  perfect antidote to Monday! To take a dip in the pool and catch-up on The  Last Man

It’s very obvious you are the smartest one in the room. Enjoy your day and your bonus! That’s more than I make in 2 months holy shit. 

34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s very obvious you are the smartest one in the room. Enjoy your day and your bonus! That’s more than I make in 2 months holy shit. 

I don't think I'm particularly bright, I think I just give a shit about the things I do. Then again, technical you only said I was the smartest in that room, so I suppose it leaves a lot of space for the others in the room to just be dumber than me! :lol:  I'm always shocked when people in professional level jobs don't try very hard. Clearly they never went without food/basic needs at any point in their lives. Anyway, thanks man, I will! :sun:

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Cornell in a nut shell:

That is really nice. Congrats and enjoy your long weekend. Drink a beer for me!

On 7/12/2024 at 4:37 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I don't think I'm particularly bright, I think I just give a shit about the things I do. Then again, technical you only said I was the smartest in that room, so I suppose it leaves a lot of space for the others in the room to just be dumber than me! :lol:  I'm always shocked when people in professional level jobs don't try very hard. Clearly they never went without food/basic needs at any point in their lives. Anyway, thanks man, I will! :sun:

Working in network operations with no specific training Im always shocked how terrible people are at their jobs. The 10% or whatever do 90% of the work thing is legit at least in IT. Though a lot of that is just being unwilling to take a chance for fear of failure so they basicialy refuse to actually troubleshoot and dive in and fix things. One coworker described those people as those that can only pass notes back and forth. They will never actually just go and find out how to do something and just do it. They will have another coworker tell them what to do exactly step by step and then do it. I get being afraid of messing up but you are putting a huge burden on everyone else.

I think I did well in the field and moved up quick because I didn’t have the luxury of a college degree, or at the start, any direct experience beyond my hobbyism to fall back on as “proof” that I’m a worthy employee. So I had to dive in and get things done to prove myself. Also not actually doing the work is boring as fuck.

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

Working in network operations with no specific training Im always shocked how terrible people are at their jobs. The 10% or whatever do 90% of the work thing is legit at least in IT. Though a lot of that is just being unwilling to take a chance for fear of failure so they basicialy refuse to actually troubleshoot and dive in and fix things. One coworker described those people as those that can only pass notes back and forth. They will never actually just go and find out how to do something and just do it. They will have another coworker tell them what to do exactly step by step and then do it. I get being afraid of messing up but you are putting a huge burden on everyone else.

I think I did well in the field and moved up quick because I didn’t have the luxury of a college degree, or at the start, any direct experience beyond my hobbyism to fall back on as “proof” that I’m a worthy employee. So I had to dive in and get things done to prove myself. Also not actually doing the work is boring as fuck.

This was my exact path and I agree with what you've said here, it definitely matches my experience in IT before moving to whatever the fuck this current career is! :sun:

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I have an appointment with my Endocrinologist tomorrow. Off Fri Sat and Sunday. 

Digital Art Animation GIF by Juppi Juppsen

I had to look up what that is. Well enjoy your 3 day weekend!

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

I was so close to calling out this morning so I could stay home and continue my Miami Hurricanes Dynasty. This game has taken over my gaming life. 

Hey, I have been in your shoes on more than one occasion. And guess what? I was an idiot and called off to play games when I had no leave to use. Mostly I called off due to severe depression but yea...

It lead to me getting fired. So you have your head on straight. 

It's great though when you find a game that good that it makes to rethink your life choices. 

College football must be absolutely incredible. 

2 hours ago, Best said:

Hey, I have been in your shoes on more than one occasion. And guess what? I was an idiot and called off to play games when I had no leave to use. Mostly I called off due to severe depression but yea...

It lead to me getting fired. So you have your head on straight. 

It's great though when you find a game that good that it makes to rethink your life choices. 

College football must be absolutely incredible. 

Well can’t really compare me being able to force myself to go to work when you were depressed. That’s a whole other thing. Mine was just a video game lol. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Well can’t really compare me being able to force myself to go to work when you were depressed. That’s a whole other thing. Mine was just a video game lol. 

I just got Jersey Mike's. Let's go!