Artifact: impressions from Hearthstone/MTG players of Valve's upcoming Dota 2-themed CCG, 20 minutes of gameplay footage from PAX

Commissar SFLUFAN

I played it briefly at PAX but enjoyed it. Will have beta access when it launches as well as the base $20 game. StrifeCro said it best, board state dictates the game rather than some non-interactive one turn kill combo. It is impossible to do that in this game. Looking forward to diving in more once my beta access is active. 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's all really nice to have from the outset. I doubt that even Artifact's success would be a motivator for Blizzard to add some of that to Hearthstone.

I'll be watching some streams of the beta (unless I somehow get a key), and I imagine I'll pay the $20 to try it out myself, but I'm still skeptical of the level of complexity here. I imagine that it will find a hardcore following, but it'll be interesting to see if it can find any kind of wider player base.

Also, it just seems silly to have a 20min gameplay match of an unreleased game without any commentary.