~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

The Taylor Swift effect wasn't enough for Tennessee. 

@whoeveritwas that clowned me with that dumb article after I clowned Swift for rallying 12 year old girls :p

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm this close to just giving up, leaving my job, getting in my car, and just drive until the car breaks down.  Why should I believe my new job in two weeks will work out?  There's no point in anything anymore.

Dude, don't. If things seem this bad, don't lose all hope (I'm not even talking the political sphere). You need to talk about it sometime? 

Just now, marioandsonic said:

I'm this close to just giving up, leaving my job, getting in my car, and just drive until the car breaks down.  Why should I believe my new job in two weeks will work out?  There's no point in anything anymore.

I am there with you, man.

It can be disappointing that no strong rebuke for the endless string of horribleness from Trump is coming. It fucking sucks.

But, it's important to keep your eye on the prize. If Trump has shown us anything, it's that when you boil it down what's important is who wins, and who loses.

If the Dems can't take the House....I really don't know what I am going to do. But if they win just enough to give Pelosi the gavel....it will be disappointing, and disheartening, but the important thing is we will have a substantive, tangible check on Trump's power. It may not be all we wanted....but it's what matters.

Dems are going to end the night with more House seats and more Governors (important for redistricting!) than they started with at the start of the night. It might be a disappointing night, but the status quo was Hellworld and we're going to end up with either an incremental or more significant improvement over Hellworld. They might lose Senate seats, but I don't think that matters because you can't just run roughshod over the Senate if you don't have 60.

One amusing thing is that if all those spineless GOPers in the House that retired instead of facing the “blue wave” would have just stayed put, the GOP would have  held the House. It’s only because they got scared that the Dems still have the inside track to taking the House.

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Seriously! At least kill as many of them as you can first. They shed no tears when one of theirs goes off the rails and kills us, so I am fine if one of us kills an actual ton of them. 

The fuck is wrong with you?

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

And what is it exactly do you think they will take away from you?

I think Beto is a great example of what I was referencing.  If he wins, it will be a minor miracle.  If he loses, I will pin it on his position on guns - or at least his perceived position on guns. I have no doubt that there were tens, if not hundreds of thousands of voters who held their noses and voted for Cruz, despite finding him smarmy and unlikable.  Many of these people are no doubt interested in O'Rourkes position on the economy, healthcare,  and other issues, but are not Democrats.  

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Into the grave.  I'm not dealing with 6 more years of Trump getting to do everything that he wants.

I'm serious: you wanna talk privately some time? I have some time available Wednesday for sure after an early shift. 2016 was pretty bad, but I made the absolute best out of 2017 and 2018. I got time, friend.

• stepee 2