~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm surprised I've stuck to my diet and havent become a heavy drinker after these last two years.

First my drinking went up, then I realized it was becoming unsustainable and I've cut way back, to less than I was drinking before this administration. Silver lining, I guess. 

What I keep hearing from the numbers people is that party registration =/= party ID. More Dems voted than Republicans in early voted in 2016, but that doesn't actually mean Hillary won a higher percentage of Ds than Trump did Rs. I'm hoping Gillum/Nelson are shaving off some of more of the Republican support (I do know Republicans who are voting straight D, but that's of course anecdotal) than vice versa.

U.S. Payrolls Rise More Than Forecast as Wage Gains Hit 3.1%

Average hourly earnings for private workers advanced 3.1 percent from a year earlier and the unemployment rate was unchanged from September at 3.7 percent, both matching projections.

Now imagine if the occupant of the Oval Office was actually able to tout this effectively at each and every opportunity for the mid-terms.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Average hourly earnings for private workers advanced 3.1 percent from a year earlier and the unemployment rate was unchanged from September at 3.7 percent, both matching projections.

Now imagine if the occupant of the Oval Office was actually able to tout this effectively at each and every opportunity for the mid-terms.

We should be grateful that the best he can do is to try to trump up fear that the caravan people are coming to take this away. :P 

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Dems would not even take the house Imo.

Also imagine if we could have defect spent for a few years prior to 2011 like we are now.

23 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The economy doesn't typically affect midterms, its more or less how people feel about the president, and almost always bad for the ruling party no matter what.

I'm not so sure. Even with Trump, had the GOP passed a new tax legislation that actually benefited the middle class in a more tangible way than the cuts that were passed, I bet the anti-Trump fervor in the polls would be noticeably smaller. Not a large difference, but noticeable sure 

This McCaskill / Hawly race is nuts here. I can't imagine how much is being spent on ads. Every other ad is for this race. Everywhere. All the time.

My kids think Claire McCaskill is evil, because they get all of the ads on Youtube too.

I'm not a big fan of McCaskill, but man, is Josh Hawley the biggest douchebag ever or what? It's like they spawned him from some sort of fuckwad pod. One of the most punchable politicians I've seen in a long time. Fuck that guy.

13 minutes ago, ort said:

This McCaskill / Hawly race is nuts here. I can't imagine how much is being spent on ads. Every other ad is for this race. Everywhere. All the time.

My kids think Claire McCaskill is evil, because they get all of the ads on Youtube too.

I'm not a big fan of McCaskill, but man, is Josh Hawley the biggest douchebag ever or what? It's like they spawned him from some sort of fuckwad pod. One of the most punchable politicians I've seen in a long time. Fuck that guy.

Yeah but you see McCaskill is trash who should get the bullet, so don’t vote for her. 

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

The economy doesn't typically affect midterms, its more or less how people feel about the president, and almost always bad for the ruling party no matter what.

2 hours ago, Comet said:

I'm not so sure. Even with Trump, had the GOP passed a new tax legislation that actually benefited the middle class in a more tangible way than the cuts that were passed, I bet the anti-Trump fervor in the polls would be noticeably smaller. Not a large difference, but noticeable sure 

Yeah, but he wouldn't be a Republican without signing tax cuts that don't benefit the middle class. That's the point. :p 

I think Dems won in 2006 and 1986 despite decent economic numbers, IIRC.

Federal court rules against Kemp in absentee ballot battle

An order that requires voters to be notified if their absentee ballots were rejected because of mismatched signatures will stand after a ruling in federal court. The order also gives those voters a chance to fix the discrepancy so that their ballots count.

Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who is also running for Governor, filed an emergency motion to prevent that from happening. That motion was denied.

The injunction orders the Secretary of State’s office to inform local election offices to accept absentee ballots – even if the signatures don’t match. Local elections offices are ordered to mark the ballots as “provisional” and give voters a “pre-rejection” notice, via first class mail, to clear discrepancies.The order is retroactive, so it applies to mail-in voters who may have already been rejected.

39 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Prediction:  Heller, McSally, Cramer, Hawley, Cruz, Scott, and Braun will all win.

Have fun watching on Tuesday

I know that smarmy doucheface Hawley is going to win. My state never fails to disappoint me. I live in a state of idiots. They walk amongst me. I'm related to many of them. Missouri sucks.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

Yeah but you see McCaskill is trash who should get the bullet, so don’t vote for her. 

I don't know anything about these politicians. Is she worse? If she's not worse than Hawley, I hope you're not suggesting not voting for her just because she's not a good candidate on a spectrum we would wish for.

9 minutes ago, legend said:

I don't know anything about these politicians. Is she worse? If she's not worse than Hawley, I hope you're not suggesting not voting for her just because she's not a good candidate on a spectrum we would wish for.

He's mocking redsoxfan's "puritanical" left-wing stance on candidates :p