Super Mario Bros. Wonder | New Sidescrolling Mario Game - Nintendo reports 4.3 million units sold in two weeks (fastest-selling Mario game ever)

Keyser_Soze

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Ugh this feedback is making it super tough to wait till Christmas for this. I’m holding steady that Alan Wake 2 is the only game I’m willing to let distract me from BG3 till that game is done. 

I’m trying (nay! I will!) wait until Christmas as well but dad gum these impressions man! 

This is disappointing that it got cut. 

According to game director Shiro Mori, Takashi pitched the idea of having live commentary on the game - just one of the ideas that the developers received via 2,000+ sticky notes. The concept went pretty far into the development, with a full six months of work done. It was used in internal play-tests and even included tsundere-style commentary, a personality that hides genuine tenderness behind a cold exterior and is especially popular in Japanese media .

Early impressions. 

Game is charming af. 
The colors pop on the OLED Switch and my OLED tv.   It looks fantastic. 
Music is toe tapping good. 
Reminds me of Mario 3D World but in a 2D side scrolling type of way. It’s a great blend. 
The flowers are adorable and if you don’t like them you are a horrible person without a soul. 

• Hype 2

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Early impressions. 

Game is charming af. 
The colors pop on the OLED Switch and my OLED tv.   It looks fantastic. 
Music is toe tapping good. 
Reminds me of Mario 3D World but in a 2D side scrolling type of way. It’s a great blend. 
The flowers are adorable and if you don’t like them you are a horrible person without a soul. 

This is what I’m saying man

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Has anyone connected and tried online?

Yup, it's fucking fantastic. I highly recommend everyone turn it on for at least a few stages. Even people who "hate playing online."

I think it does nothing but add to the fun, and can't harm your own play in any way.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

54 minutes ago, Brian said:

The lack of timer is such nice change. I can stop and smell the flowers. 

Yes. Sometimes when the music changes to something fast paced I find myself forgetting that I don’t have to rush. It’s great when trying to figure out something and you can take your time and try different solutions. 

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yup, it's fucking fantastic. I highly recommend everyone turn it on for at least a few stages. Even people who "hate playing online."

I think it does nothing but add to the fun, and can't harm your own play in any way.

I really think this is important for everyone to know. I’m definitely an “i hate online guy” but I’m glad I tried it because it really does only add to the game and doesn’t take away anything. You’d have to be the biggest grump to not enjoy it.

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm guessing you need an active Nintendo Online subscription to do the online stuff though, and I currently don't have an active subscription. 

Yes, you need an active online subscription.

It really is great multiplayer, though. I'm an online grump, especially for playing with randos, but Mario Wonder somehow just makes the game better.

I was playing through a 5 star special level and me and some random Daisy were fumbling our way through the level placing standees every new platform to help each other out. Since you never get in anybody's way and can do nothing but help each other, it makes for a pretty wholesome experience.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

What's better, this or Spider-Man 2?

:fap:

Couldn't tell ya, I still have yet to finish Spider-Man 1, let alone Miles Morales. As much as I love parkour and high mobility in games, it just always kind of felt pointless in Spider-Man, like there were no enemies or any sort of danger while web swinging so it was just kind of... fancy walking? Like oooh look at me slowly fast traveling to somewhere with no stakes or challenge.

Maybe that changes later in the game but it never keeps me interested long enough to find out.